Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the difference between a drone unintentionally killing civilians and soldiers unintentionally killing civilians is? I don't understand all the rage about this. If anything, drones save lives. Under most circumstances there will still be collateral damage no matter what kind of forces are mobilized to fight.
    They do save lives. The lives of the side that uses them.
    You don't have to send your troops in, you send drones. No other life is spared.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Do drones have a higher civilian death rate then more conventional means?
    In regard of the ammo. nope...
    The rocket fired causes the same damage, whether it comes from a plane, a drone or equivalent from stationary artillery.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Do drones have a higher civilian death rate then more conventional means?
    No, they do not.

They used to, but it's fallen to about 2-10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No, they do not.

They used to, but it's fallen to about 2-10%.
    Yeah I just read your earlier post. I somehow missed this was already on 18 pages before posting =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I take the most dangerous person out, next time he is not surrounded by 100 civilians. There are ways and methods to do that without hurting or killing innocent.
    And for suicide bombs...... You are in Netherlands... Next time innocent dutch people die, go to the victims loved ones, and tell them your views.
    Again... If we wouldn't kill their people, they wouldn't have a reason to kill ours.

How come the targeted countries of those terrorists are limited to a set number?
    Why is no one attacking Switzerland? Prime example...
    There is a plethora of countries that has zero problems with Islamic terrorists..... How come?
    In the mean time he is making/carrying out plans to kill many more. So we just let him continue plotting terror acts because he is around other people?

All you are doing is giving them a get out of jail free card. If they don't ever want to be caught they can just keep women and kids around them at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildtree

You do realise this wasnt an air strike on an insurgent to kill him right? You red the articles, yes?

This was hte use of airial weapons platforms to facilitate the medical evacuation of injured personnel and the extraction of the 0-4 unit

Deleted
    I hope they make small drones one day, like a small quadrotor with a machine gun mounted on it or something. It would have the same advantages as a big drone (not putting the operator at risk) but also the advantages of a soldier (able to go in small spaces and able of accurate fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If you know where the target is, you can ensure that you get it... That perfect moment WILL come...

Good lord. They've got Bin Laden that way. They interrogated him for a long time. They knew where he was, they kept observing him, and they executed the strike well timed and coordinated. That's the kind of warfare you use. A ton of intelligence and planning, and then a sudden attack, pin pointed and accurate.
    There is never a perfect time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellalock View Post
    Wildtree

You do realise this wasnt an air strike on an insurgent to kill him right? You red the articles, yes?

This was hte use of airial weapons platforms to facilitate the medical evacuation of injured personnel and the extraction of the 0-4 unit
    Well it'll sell real well in the local taliban recruiting centre ill tell you that.