10+ Year Old Account

Tera Online: Quick Overview

Ok, since I'm currently in the mindset of feeling bored with wow and wanting to try other games, I decided to download a few of them and give them a try, without dipping into my pocket (except the download of saints row the third). So anyway I've been ambivalent about Tera online for a while, because it stuck me as one of those rpg games prized looks over style. But since it was free to play I decided to give it a whirl
    My brief overview of the game thus far is this.

Good Points:
    - Very detailed and lush looking world.
    - Character creation option is nicely detailed with some modern options.
    - Backdrop seems to have enough to keep you intrested.
    - No faction setting, if you want to pvp is very much based on groups or guilds

Bad Points:
    - The questing system is very boring, I picked up on this very quick, repeating the same 'go kill 10 of these' or 'go gather 7 of these' quests over and over.
    - Certain gimmicks other mmos don't make anything of Tera seems anal about, such as how you can't remove armor (japanese game makers) yet for some reason they don't mind blood spraying on the ground?
    - you can only make 2 characters to begin with, so you have to keep deleting characters to test out all classes and races.
    - Starting zones are all the same whatever you choose, so despite choice it doesn't feel like its very versatile.

The ugly
    - Little girls in bunny costumes. Yes, there probably cute to some, but there was such controversy to them looking like underaged.. well, don't want to say, but it caused an issue.

Overall, its a 'pretty' looking game, but it feels like it lacks both soul and reasoning, clearly not made with a western market as the target audience.
    #boycottchina