Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I play SWToR - having a blast! It came off to a bad start and people may be right in claiming that RotHC isn't anything more than a large patch. Yet I still have immense fun playing

[Slightly OT] Also, the future of MMOs are F2P model with microtransactions. There is nothing more rewarding (financially) than letting players play for "free" - and by free I mean with more or less restrictions. I personally think WoW is the last subscription only based MMO we'll see.

Z.

SWTOR is a great game really, and in many ways better than WoW which is getting really old.

SWTOR was, however, unfortunate in not being run by a company as professional and as good as Blizzard. If Blizzard ran SWTOR, it would have been a huge sucess. Bioware, or whoever run SWTOR, are amateurish and make many goofy "n00b" mistakes that pros of the industry, such as Blizzard, would have avoided. These "blunders" have cost the game much of its sub base.

I started playing WoW in Dec 2005 and yet now I prefer to sub to SWTOR. I had stopped playing retail WoW since CATA (I played WOTLK and TBC private servers during CATA) then played a bit MOP, didn't like it, and switched to SWTOR. I am really happy with SWTOR atm. The game is not as addictive as WoW is and it's graphics work is much better than WoW. WoW lost many subs after the Devs allowed 25 man raiding to die. At least for me, WoW without 25 man raiding in an organized guild is simply not fun anymore.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Other MMO news gets posted on the front page when there is something interesting to report and (and is the keyword here) news for wow is low. There is actually a fair amount going on with WoW and Blizzard in general atm so for any other game to make it into the homepage they'd have to do something major.

Anyway, this thread has been super unproductive so I am going to go ahead and close it.