Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    2,757
    The Night Elves get more face time in lore and content than the humans.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Humanity is the most prolific race in every fantasy setting due to their short-lifespan in comparison to other longer-lived races. Thus, once it reaches the point where it has a substantial civilization, it always quickly takes precedence over the other races.
    goblins are the most prolific race in WoW. they are described to "breed like rabbits" and the only reason they don't take over the world is that most of them die in explosions.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    Don't know if it's been said yet, but I'd like to point out that Humans have a higher population and a more important role in lore. It's a bit like claiming that there's too much media attention on US politics and too little on some tiny obscure African/Asian/etc country's politics.

  4. #44
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nostalgia harder. Tyrande was always the biggest retard of the night elf asylum.
    Now why would you say something like that ? Just bacause she destroyed bridge WHILE STILL STANDING ON IT ? Or maybe because she murdered loyal guards to release highly unstable criminal and traitor who she had no reason to trust ? Because she cant swim in shallow water ? Or because she needs not one but TWO strong male characters to rescue her ? Well now when i think about it you are right, she is retard.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,819
    I do miss some spotlight for the other races. I really hope we'll see the others at least do some cool stuff soon.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    make pandaren more like
    You want pandas to look like sasquatch? I see no pandas in that drawing. All I see are white sasquatches with long black hair, and white Viking facial hair.

  7. #47
    Humans were all but a background prop in WOW until Varian came along in WOTLK. It's only been since Stormwind replaced IF that the human presence has been focused on so much, and only out of nostalgia for WC1 and 2 and the conclusion of Arthas' story. 2 years may seem like a really long time to certain people of certain ages, but Blizzard's story moves in 2 year spurts for the most part. You're complaining about roughly 2 of those cycles really, and it's an unfair characterization of the situation.

    If Metzen hadn't made his remark about orcs and humans at Blizzcon being the heart of Warcraft, this issue would never have gotten so much traction in the forum community. People are taking his words far too literally and far too personally.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    You want pandas to look like sasquatch? I see no pandas in that drawing. All I see are white sasquatches with long black hair, and white Viking facial hair.
    It was one of Samwise's pandaren artworks "Followers of the Spear God", you know the guy who originally created the pandaren

  9. #49
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Blizard forgot that...pfft. Sorry but can't say you are right.

    For starters the most recent Alliance-based scenario has you with the Dark Irons, the bloody dark iron dwarves that back in vanilla were the bad guys. They definitely are part of the alliance now. In fact the only reason Varian was there was because he wanted to use it as an opportunity to draw the dwarves into his war. Now, the main dedicated force of the Alliance to Pandaria is the humans, but that is reflected with the Orcs Horde side as well. Worgen, Draenei, etc we dont see much of. Hell we shoudl be seeing more Pandaren Alliance side, but we arent.

    Blizz hasnt forgotten, but its like the US going to a war with more troops than the rest of Nato is all.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    It was one of Samwise's pandaren artworks "Followers of the Spear God", you know the guy who originally created the pandaren
    I know that's one of his drawings. But like I said, they look like white sasquatches with long black hair and white Viking facial hair, and nothing like pandas. Otherwise, I like the armor and claw things they have.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    508
    Blizzard confirmed that they were indeed trying to make Tyrande more warcraft3-ish, not a victim of poor writing.
    We were trying to get her a little back to her impulsive War3 roots, but it doesn't seem to have played well with fans.
    Also I don't think there was a Horde trap in that scenario, just a lot of orcs that were CORNERED by the Alliance in the temple. So there really was just her ferocity.

    As for Draenei, I think the main reason why they don't play part nowadays is because they will obviously overtake the upcoming Burning Legion addon. With that in mind, why wouldn't Blizzard spend more time on other races while they can, since draenei will 100% get a HUGE boost in their lore?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Blizzard confirmed that they were indeed trying to make Tyrande more warcraft3-ish, not a victim of poor writing.

    Also I don't think there was a Horde trap in that scenario, just a lot of orcs that were CORNERED by the Alliance in the temple. So there really was just her ferocity.

    As for Draenei, I think the main reason why they don't play part nowadays is because they will obviously overtake the upcoming Burning Legion addon. With that in mind, why wouldn't Blizzard spend more time on other races while they can, since draenei will 100% get a HUGE boost in their lore?
    Theres a big difference in writing Tyrande as impulsive yet intelligent, compared to the impulsive to the point of stupidity that they did write. Its the same thing they did with Sarannha Skyglaive. Not only do the Alliance never hear about her after you retrieve the bell (you dont even know she dies), shes never mentioned again. Yet if you play Horde, you see how incompetent and stupid they wrote her. This is just how Blizzard writes Night Elves now. Incompetent, stupid, weak.

  13. #53
    Pretty sure they stated that the Alliance was more together than the horde and behind varian 100% in trying to take down garrosh, next patch your see the horde rally together behind vol'jin i'd guess to take down garrosh aswell

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    This is just how Blizzard writes Night Elves now. Incompetent, stupid, weak.
    What other way would you like to show primitive, nature-loving elves that were isolated for ten thousand years?

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What other way would you like to show primitive, nature-loving elves that were isolated for ten thousand years?
    In WC3 they were the kind of ferocious nature-protectors that came out of nowhere to make devestating ambushes.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  16. #56
    You take the time to write simultaneous interweaving stories for 6 races without there being any continuity errors or lore cock ups whilst under a strict deadline to get content out that is also constantly changing and updating story whilst trying to please half the fanbase who don't like X whilst trying to please the other half of the fanbase who don't like Y whilst also trying to cater to the entire fanbase as a whole who will take you out into the parking lot and turn your asshole inside out for getting the colour of Varian's bobble wrong for his little foxtail look he's got going on.

    I'ts not that easy guys

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    In WC3 they were the kind of ferocious nature-protectors that came out of nowhere to make devestating ambushes.
    Yeah, devastating ambushes that were either repeled (with their demigod ending up dead for few years) or executed on wrong targets entirely.

    Face it, night elves had ten thousand years of calm and instead of progress, they decided for stagnation, now it is biting them in the ass, they are dying out, immortality lost, yet they still refuse to change.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-04-26 at 08:34 AM.

  18. #58
    I agree with the op.
    I play horde but have 1 character on alliance (night elf rogue) which now is 73. From what i played,alliance has almost no real story but maybe i'm not there yet.
    I think it will be good to get a good story line about the other alliance races or at least envolvment in the next expension. It'll ster things up in my eyes at least.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    they didnt know if it was a trap they only knew they were holed up in a temple
    Kinda a thing about traps is to keep them hidden
    Yeah, an orcish force dug in (So to speak) inside a building, with the commander going "Come get me!" all the time, totally not a trap...

    There's a difference between "impulsive" and "pants-on-head retarded", and Blizz didn't get that quite right with Tyrande, IMO the lore is too black/white, comic book style, it's always extremes with Blizzard, Jaina went from peacenik to psycho (And hinted at "Back to peacenik" again), Varian goes the opposite direction, from savage to zen; Garrosh is cartoon-evil, and so on...

  20. #60
    Absolutely agree. Humans are fine and all, but there definitely needs to be more to the story than just humans. We can't all just follow humans around. It's bad for people who play gnomes or draenei since this whole faction war doesn't really involve them, they don't really have much motivation and there's nothing shown in game. Worgen have motivation, but they aren't being shown at all.

    Night elves are another story. They get lore(although not as much as humans), but almost all of it is painting them in a negative light. Dwarves have issues too a lot of which stems from them being so close with the humans that their development is tied to the humans.

    Enough humans. Draenei, gnomes, and worgen need lore involvement badly. And yes, blah blah blah draenei will get lore with the legion, that doesn't mean they should get nothing in the meantime. Draenei are basically neutral at this point.

    A big part of this is the whole unity crap Blizzard is pushing in MoP. They're consolidating the alliance under human control with human organizations(SI:7, Kirin Tor, 7th Legion), it's not really unity, it's assimilation and it's really bad for the alliance storyline. The alliance isn't about unity, WC2 had all kinds of internal problems, up until MoP the alliance races were mostly doing their own thing, now all of a sudden they're perfectly unified for no reason.

    The Q&A they had today the admitted they were human heavy but made no apologizes or promises of change. It's not only frustrating to see my favorite race be neglected for 3 expansions, but to also see every other race being sidelined for humans as well. It's just not a balanced story and it makes it feel like humans are the only important members of the alliance, night elves are just there to make humans look good, dwarves are the human's wingmen, and everyone else is ignored.

    High King was a big mistake as well. Should have never happened.

    Humans were all but a background prop in WOW until Varian came along in WOTLK. It's only been since Stormwind replaced IF that the human presence has been focused on so much, and only out of nostalgia for WC1 and 2 and the conclusion of Arthas' story. 2 years may seem like a really long time to certain people of certain ages, but Blizzard's story moves in 2 year spurts for the most part. You're complaining about roughly 2 of those cycles really, and it's an unfair characterization of the situation.

    If Metzen hadn't made his remark about orcs and humans at Blizzcon being the heart of Warcraft, this issue would never have gotten so much traction in the forum community. People are taking his words far too literally and far too personally.
    It's a pretty consistent problem. Draenei have been neglected since BC. Gnomes got a small event in Wrath and then a updated starting area(not even a full zone). Worgen got a starting zone then shipped off to night elf land to do night elf things.

    It might not be accurate to say humans dominate the lore all the time, but they do quite a bit. Wrath was a lot of humans. Cata, less so, night elves and dwarves got quite a bit as well thanks to updated zones. Now MoP is all humans again. It's definitely more than 2 years though.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2013-04-26 at 10:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •