Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The Night Elves' Ferocity of old is gone.
    So you say that their ferocity of Warcraft 3 is gone, but when Tyrande wants to headcharge into the fray and slay all orcs in the sacred temple, you call that out of character. I think you contradict yourself a bit. For me, it WAS a return to war3 origins, even if a small one. Hell, she even rides her nightsaber, just like good old times!

What're you talking about.

Gnomes got love. One event. Two expansions ago. lol

Yeah the Alliance = Humans thing is kinda like the Horde = Orcs thing up until recently.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    So you say that their ferocity of Warcraft 3 is gone, but when Tyrande wants to headcharge into the fray and slay all orcs in the sacred temple, you call that out of character. I think you contradict yourself a bit. For me, it WAS a return to war3 origins, even if a small one. Hell, she even rides her nightsaber, just like good old times!
    uh no. The reason people say Tyrande is out of character in A Little Patience is because she is out of character, she wants to headcharge into what they have confirmed is a trap. ferocity =/= stupidity
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned this in another thread, it seems like they're trying to cram the Alliance under this "High King" Varian and I'm not that big on the whole deal

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    There's more to the night elves' fabled ferocity than Tyrande forgetting "Not running into an obvious ambush 101", anything of a vaguely military nature the night elves do in-game makes them look like incompetent tree-hugging damsels-in-distress (They push back the horde in "Wolfheart", but only because Varian and his newfound-pals the worgen show up in time), so the night elves were used as "Look how powerful the horde is!"-fodder, making golden boy Varian's victory seem all the cooler (Well, trying to :P ), which brings us back to the "Humans and friends"-problem...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    uh no. The reason people say Tyrande is out of character in A Little Patience is because she is out of character, she wants to headcharge into what they have confirmed is a trap. ferocity =/= stupidity
    they didnt know if it was a trap they only knew they were holed up in a temple
    Kinda a thing about traps is to keep them hidden
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    This has been something I've been arguing for a LONG time.

Metzen and co. seem to be hell-bent on sticking to their "Orcs and Humans" roots - when they've CLEARLY developed whole other worlds and cultures... new cultures that viewed via the eyes of a whole new audience that didn't play during the limited "Orcs and Humans" RTS days.

I feel it's time for the parent to let go of the reigns on its child a bit and let it grow on its own. There's SO much untapped depth to those other factions its not funny! I mean - just look how great the Trolls and Vol'Jin are doing in the subsequent patches? They need to bring MORE of that into WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 07:44 PM ----------

Bah! You posted right before I did. >_<
    To be fair, I think Blizzard HAS noticed that they have given very little attention to lore outside of "Orcs VS Humans". I really do think that after Mists of Pandaria you will see the politics of Orcs VS Humans fade. It has to. They have been beaten that Horse, resurrected it, and beaten it again for far too long. I really think in 5.4 Vol'jin will convince the Alliance to side with the rebellion against Garosh. Thus putting a temporary pause on the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde. If there's already been leaked information regarding this please don't spoil it haha.

As IDTheDemon said, we'll see a lot more night elf involvement when Azshara appears (whenever the hell that may be). Sylvanas has been really..quiet which is incredibly alarming. Whenever the Forsaken are out of the picture for this long it usually results in the Forsaken doing something really big.

I strongly believe we'll see the other factions develop after MoP. In terms of lore I can't say i'm too happy with the lore in MoP, that's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Nostalgia harder. Tyrande was always the biggest retard of the night elf asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    they didnt know if it was a trap they only knew they were holed up in a temple
    Kinda a thing about traps is to keep them hidden
    So this is Tyrande?

"Let's charge into a fortified position through the front door!"

She's not stupid...well she was in that scenario. But just because at times she has a temper doesn't mean she knows nothing about combat.

Sylvanas has been really..quiet which is incredibly alarming. Whenever the Forsaken are out of the picture for this long it usually results in the Forsaken doing something really big.
    That's more you projecting an expectation onto them. There haven't been any lore hooks throughout any of MoP to indicate that the Forsaken are doing anything noteworthy right now. We're hoping they do something; but them "being quiet" looks a lot like a simple case of "the writers forgot about them". It's a shame too because if the current Warchief was looking like he was going down Sylvanas is the one person who I'd be most interested in how they'd react to that kind of situation.

I keep hoping she'll step up and do something during this whole Lets Kill Garrosh business. I feel like Blizzard is purposefully ignoring her because her character would very likely organize a quick coup and overtake the new Horde while it's still struggling to get back on its feet (and apparently we can't have that).

I actually hate Sylvanas but I'd really like to see her flippin' do something.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Best City, best king, best smiths, best beer.

Moira will hopefully die from an heartattack.

Everything is right here in Ironforge.

Of course its not, I wish they wouldn't focus so hard on Dark Irons, I know some people like them... many Dwarven fans hate them guts, they are disgusting traitors.

I hope we get more Bronzebeard + Wildhammer stuff.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, the Tol'vir have been pretty quite in Mist too... they must be up to something really big

Metzen is going to run Lore into the ground. Actually the deciding force behind WoW is so uptight that they're slowly going to get everyone so annoyed that they'll stop playing.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would agree on this one, but the Horde has the same problems despite not being that severe. As an Alliance player sworn to the dwarves, I must say that I want more focus towards the little people (Gnomes and Dwarves). In pretty much every expansion, it has been focusing around Anduin and his father. Not that I would say its a bad thing, but I doubt anyone of the newer player base is even able to name the other races leaders and/or what they stand for. We all know what the humans want and/or feel and who's their major lore characters.

Maybe in the next expansion? Something that I will wonder about for a long time, is how they're going to implement the Pandaren race into the upcoming expansions. What role would they have during the Burning Legion for instance? Will they continue to be the 'peace and harmony' kind of type or do we see them as brutal murderers? What does the Burning Legion feel about the Pandaren? We already know that they pretty much hate everything.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:08 PM ----------

What about the Draenei? Have they ever been put into the lore at any point after The Burning Crusade? I cannot recall seeing them, ever, after going to Northrend. On the other hand, I never liked the Draenei. But will the same thing happen to the Pandaren? Will they also be forgotten after the next expansion hits?

I want more of the Dwarves and less of Varian. I do have the feeling Varian might die at the end of this expansion and Anduin becoming the new king, despite it being rather unlikely to kill of such a major lore character (in the sense of screen time). What worries me is the way Anduin is growing at the moment and I do have the feeling he would truly take over the scene and be the new major lore character, once again removing any of the other leaders to rise up and be the main protagonist. And again, I want more Dwarves. We're sexy!
    Last edited by Pancha; 2013-04-24 at 09:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    make pandaren more like

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    make pandaren more like
    Hopefully they'll develop the race into the beasts they are, rather than the 'peace and harmony' kind they're introduced as in Pandaria.

Humans are simply the best race. The Alliance has *always* revolved around the human kingdoms. The Night Elves can help a bit when there's some trees under attack or whatever. And dwarves are just a bit like more technically minded small humans anyway.

Human race best race!

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    make pandaren more like
    Those look more like very violent Tuskarr to me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Humanity is the most prolific race in every fantasy setting due to their short-lifespan in comparison to other longer-lived races. Thus, once it reaches the point where it has a substantial civilization, it always quickly takes precedence over the other races.

Here is an example;

Gnome the Bob - lives for 100ish years, has 1-2 children.
    Jim the Dwarf - lives for 110 years, has 1 child.
    Stan the Night Elf - lives for 1500 years, has 1 child.
    Leo the Human - lives for 60 years, has 4 children.

In each of these cases, the children live for about the same period and sire the same number of children in their turn. While each race has the same basic need to reproduce, they have much less of a need to do so as quickly as human, who lives half the life-span of the shortest lived of the above races.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2013-04-24 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Whilst it is right that the humans play the most significant role in the Alliance story I do agree it needs to be toned down. The other races aren't doing anything they're on Pandaria but as quest mobs for horde mainly and for Tyrande to get lectured about military strategy by Varian even though she's commanded armies against the legion even before the humas existed. And Velen getting "sent for" because Varian said so. Yeah it really is the Varian and human show at the moment, even the new scenario in 5.3 is again Varian calling the shots and once again waltzing into Ironforge and dictating what needs to be done. I thought the Dwarves were badasses? Apparently not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget Chromie. Yes she is a dragon but her other appearance is a gnome.