Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Didnt they regain their immortality when Teldrassil was cleansed and blessed?
    There was no indication of any benefit from the cleansing and blessing of Teldrassil.

Aaaaaand, well....Blizzard kind of never did anything to explain what the purpose of having Thrall, Malfurion, and the Aspects perform the ritual on Nordrassil in Hyjal was either. In fact, after they gathered to do it, they sort of seemed to forget all about the ritual when Thrall asked Aggra to be his mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Different goals? They work together for their mutual survival and benefit. Sure, the demon driven horde that brought the Alliance together isn't there anymore, but there are still other threats to join together against such as the Legion, not to mention continued hostilities with the Horde. I don't see their ideals as having really shifted either, especially not in a dramatic enough way to say it's a 'new' organization. The Alliance has evolved, yes, lost members and gained new ones, but I'd hardly say that it's shifted enough to call it a 'new' alliance and I'm not presently aware of any lore except maybe some non canonical rpg book stuff that calls it a new alliance. (Though if there is some out there please share it with me.)
    So in that vein, there is no "old horde" and "new horde". Just the same Horde that tore through Azeroth out of the Dark Portal and decimated the humans. The same Horde that had Gul'dan and his warlocks, Teron Gorefiend, etc. Only thing that has changed is the leadership, and the inclusion of a few races. Otherwise, it's the same orcs rampaging over the planet killing all in their path.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    So in that vein, there is no "old horde" and "new horde". Just the same Horde that tore through Azeroth out of the Dark Portal and decimated the humans. The same Horde that had Gul'dan and his warlocks, Teron Gorefiend, etc. Only thing that has changed is the leadership, and the inclusion of a few races. Otherwise, it's the same orcs rampaging over the planet killing all in their path.
    The new and old horde for one actually do have radically different ideals. And the Horde was effectively dismantled, nearly all of the orcs killed or captured beyond a couple of clans that remained free in the wilderness. The Alliance meanwhile so far as I can tell still upholds many of the same ideals, and the 'core' of the Alliance before they started recruiting, stormwind/gnomeregan/ironforge, were all still allied together during WC 3, they just didn't play a role in the story. Where as the orcish horde was reduced to basically the Warsong clan out in the wilderness, since the Frostwolves were banished from the Horde and didn't rejoin as I recall until Thrall came along.

Even then, you could still make an arguement if you wanted to that the horde is still the same entity but with new leadership, as Doomhammer was still 'warchief' until his death. But there was actually a story where he and Thrall had to build the Horde back up from slavery/exile, while there is no story that depects IF, SW, GR and Darnassus coming together to forge a new alliance. Not only did the 'old' horde suffer a greater overall defeat taking into account all of its members than the alliance did from losing Lordaeron, but unlike the Alliance the Horde's values and goals are much different. (Though Garrosh has started them back towards that dark path.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not huge on WoW lore, but from what I'm seeing, the Burning Legion is making a comeback, which means... SPACE GOATS SPOTLIGHT! I for one love the Draeni and with the Burning Legion thoroughly mentioned in MoP, chance are they'll be in the next expansion. That being said, expect Exodar to start kicking ass!

What do you mean, OP? We have Humans, tall purple humans, short, stout humans, blue humans with tails, and humans with anger disorders. Oh, and then we have gnomes, but pets don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors."
    —Grom Hellscream

Maybe like that?
    And then he managed to slaughter his way through them. "Perfect warriors" my ass. Grom was just shocked that elves actualy had guts to charge at him.

Also, that quote is the only "evidence" of the ferocity of elves. Just empty words that clearly didnt fit the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And then he managed to slaughter his way through them. "Perfect warriors" my ass. Grom was just shocked that elves actualy had guts to charge at him.

Also, that quote is the only "evidence" of the ferocity of elves. Just empty words that clearly didnt fit the context.
    Did you forget the part where he had to drink demon blood again because he was losing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Did you forget the part where he had to drink demon blood again because he was losing?
    His clan, solo, against entire elven vanguard with demigod in charge while supported by ancients and chimaera (because we all know that elves cant do shit alone). And even then, he managed to defend himself until he fought his way through satyr and crazed beasts that were drawn to the fountain.

Also find it funny that the guardian of nature himself, Cenarius, couldnt be arsed to investigate this powerfull source of fel. Instead, one orc clan managed to act as a diversion for entire vanguard.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-04-27 at 08:07 AM.

His clan, solo, against entire elven vanguard with demigod in charge while supported by ancients and chimaera (because we all know that elves cant do shit alone). And even then, he managed to defend himself until he fought his way through satyr and crazed beasts that were drawn to the fountain.
    The orcs couldn't do it on their own either, they needed demon blood.

The orcs couldn't do it on their own either, they needed demon blood.
    And once they got it, they went through elves like hot knife through butter. Shows how much were they prepared for next invasion when they cant even deal with puppets.

Night Elves were always idiotic, it is just more prominent in wow where you can see their backwards culture.

And once they got it, they went through elves like hot knife through butter. Shows how much were they prepared for next invasion when they cant even deal with puppets.

Night Elves were always idiotic, it is just more prominent in wow where you can see their backwards culture.
    They were fighting orcs, humans, and scourge/legion all at the same time. Their entire army likely wasn't in Ashenvale since they controlled most of Kalimdor at that point.

They were fighting orcs, humans, and scourge/legion all at the same time. Their entire army likely wasn't in Ashenvale since they controlled most of Kalimdor at that point.
    First of all, at the time when Hellscream was on his great lumber operation, there was no scourge on Kalimdor.
    Second, Night Elves were not fighting multiple enemies because they had no other choice, its because they were fucking dumb (and had even dumber priest as a military leader)

Deleted

Your bashing on the night elves only comes to show how much underdeveloped they really are.

Deleted
    This has nothing at all to do with this thread.
    His last post had nothing to do with the thread either, as i have already said, for some reason it feels like he want to make a point even though it has nothing to do with the thread.

First of all, at the time when Hellscream was on his great lumber operation, there was no scourge on Kalimdor.
    Second, Night Elves were not fighting multiple enemies because they had no other choice, its because they were fucking dumb (and had even dumber priest as a military leader)

Also find it funny that the guardian of nature himself, Cenarius, couldnt be arsed to investigate this powerfull source of fel. Instead, one orc clan managed to act as a diversion for entire vanguard.
    I actually had same impression when i played through WC3. Night Elves had no enemies at the moment Hellscream went on his mission to gather lumber. They strightly went into attacking them, instead of investigating stuff. I am pretty sure they would have made some kind of compromise, if they wouldn't immediately turn mad becuase someone broke a tree branch.
    Orcs are respectful race, they befriended with races which did shown willingness to communicate, looks at Trolls and Taurens.

Another thing that cought my eye was the fact that Night Elves always relied on allies. The War of Shifting Sands was successful becuase Dragons intervened to fight Silithus only.

And Tyranse is reckless leader. She killed her own people to free Illidian, despite the multiple warnings. I actually side more with Maiev Shadowsong, since she seems to be more understandbale.

I also found it funny how people stand up for Night Elves that they protect their sacred forrest, when Horde needs lumber, and only lumber. But nobody seems to remember/ support Amani when they had same- or even more bigger issue. They also were protecting thier sacred lands, nobody was allowed to even get near to Sunwell. And yet Elves whined so much that Alliance had to make a campaign againt Trolls, to take thier land from them turn it to ponyland, and give elves again powers they should stay away from. They could go and search for other land, but noooo they wanted troll land, when they were shown that they're not welcome and meant to get lost.

But I guess it all narows to "But Elves are good and pretty, and Trolls are evil and ugly".
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

But Elves are good and pretty, and Trolls are evil and ugly
    Well, yeah, why do you think we slaughter a million trolls every expansion?

Deleted
    No he did not forget, he's just biased real hard.

Its becuase gnomes and dwarfs are just walking punchlines like goblins and the worgen story seems to have dried up since they abandoned gilneas and doesnt look like they will ever get it back

As for the draneai there story will hit overdrive when the demons show up

Well, yeah, why do you think we slaughter a million trolls every expansion?
    Well maybe becuase you're represented as self-rightous bigot to refuse to understand that each race has it's rights to thier lands. Trolls haven't made any invasions up to 4.1. against elves, or humans, it's the other way around. It's ancient race, with fascinating background. All it really takes is to read more into the subject, to see that they did actually nothing villanish before, and it's the lovely dovely elves which mess up with everything they touch.

I made a point to show how hypocritical people are.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    My goodness, nothing seems to please the alliance, ever!

Here you have an expansion where the one of the oldest characters (Jaina) comes out and gets developed, Varian (who everyone was wondering who the hell he was back in Wrath) also getting some love, alliance starts crying "What about other races?". You even going get to raid Orgrimmar (and I'm not talking about the ol' For The alliance), but actual raid. Damn, allow us hordies to invade Stormwind and I would praise Blizzard as my new God!

You guys forgot Mount Hyjal, return of Cenarius? Or perhapns Molten Front and new appearance of Malfurion? Oh right, alliance called him the true leader and Tyrande for his "eye candy". Blizzard even made an instance after a novel "Well of eternity". But I guess everyone were so focused on "Why is tyrande on high-heels".

And since when did Blizzard EVER focused on the taurens? Most of the races had some focus on either expansion, tier or minor patch.
    The forsaken and Sylvanas turns up in two places, (both low level quest zones) Silverpine forest and Western plaguelands, and you guys think that was too much focus?

Good lord, next time blizzard has their focus on Draeneis, I promise you all, alliance will start raging again "Not them again, they had TBC" blablabla.

Instead of always wanting the way YOU want it (guess some calls it greed, but nvm), why not just enjoy the ride and see where the lore takes us?
    Jaina and Varian, two humans. And Varian gets shoved to be a High King. This is like how Garrosh was shoved to you for being warchief and I remember much whining from your part too about that.
    I admit, Jaina's growth was nice and cool though.

We get to raid Orgrimmar yes, but right now we don't know how it will play out. For now it just seems like we're doing it for your lore, as sidekicks, look around the forums, all the Hordies say "oh, we didn't even need you Alliance to help". Why do you think they say that? Because that's how the story looks to them. And if Hordies, so your side, says that, what do you think we would say?

Cenarius, returned, yes, great moment and... he became neutral after being killed by the other side, doesn't even have a shred of dialogue pointing to the fact that he doesn't like the fact he was killed. And Malfurion, sitting in Darnassus not even helping his mate when she's attacked. This is like Thrall returned to you tomorrow and he sat 2 meters from your future warchief yet did nothing when we attacked.

Yes, I agree, tauren didn't have much lore. This is true.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-27 at 10:30 AM.