My guild is about to start progression on Malkorok in 10 man heroic. The other tank and myself are at odds as to whether or not we should one or two tank the blood rage phase, so I was hoping for some community input to see if there's something we're missing. Some details:
* I'm a Brewmaster with a crit-heavy setup, and he's a Blood DK.
* Our healer comp is Holy Pally, Priest (switches between disc/holy, not sure what's best for this fight), and Resto Shaman
* Potential DPS include some combination of (appropriately specced) rogue, hunter, ele sham, warrior, mage, and warlock.
Basically, here's the Pro's vs Con's we've discussed:
* Other tank can eat orbs in P2 (and likely less work from DPS for this)
* Monk has more powerful DR and considered to be an excellent tank for this
* Tank that has stacks won't be present taking extra damage
* Riskier, without cooldowns solo tank will get 1-shot, due to Monk having inherently lower hp (though I would use two stam trinkets, vial and rooks, to help offset this in addition to their other benefits)
* We have a decent DPS comp to eat orbs, tank not needed (and DK CDs wouldn't be only marginally effective at this, according to him)
* Shared vengenace means potentially more dps (does being the solo tank completely cap you on vengeance? if so, then it would be a dps loss to waste it)
Looking for input (especially from healers who've downed this boss and tried both strategies) to help us decide. Is there even a drastic difference with either plan?