Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Scarab Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    not delusional at all.
    I just don't see the point of being forced to use ground based mounts to "experience" the content and storyline. all I am being forced to experience is being knocked off mount by mobs I have no need to interact with at that point and slow me down from my enjoyment of the story, To me Having to put up with fighting 10 - 15 mobs just traveling a stupid ass distance to hand in a quest only then have to run through them all again is not interesting or fun.

    Sure if I need to interact with them as part of the story, then fine I will. But being forced to interact with them simply because I being forced to use a ground mount seems like a retarded mechanic to just slow people down.
    Oh my god, that's so inconvenient, how ever will people hit level cap with that going on? Just stop, you're embarassing yourself, if you can't put up with some minor inconveniences when questing, especially considering how ridiculously easy it is nowadays, I feel pretty bad for you. I forgot though, things like Immersion and World PvP don't matter one bit because people like you would rather have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    OT: (And look a Jaylock thread that doesn't make my blood boil, I'm a bit suprised really...) But Yeah, on topic now. Either say "No flying until level cap" or put the new Flight trainers in the game one month after the expansion drops

    Oh as for BL Expansion Sigma, Wrathion Start Legendary, Wrathion Soundfiles, an excuse for Varian not to wipe out the Horde completely, a lack of anything better to make an expansion on given current lore (Unless you think Azshara warrants an entire expansion) Nobodies saying for sure it is, it's just the most likely thing given current information.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-04-26 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  2. #122
    No.

    Flying mounts has been one of the worst features they've ever added to this game.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    No. We can do an expansion without flying. Go fly in the older areas.
    Alternatively you can just walk while everyone else is flying, how about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    No.

    Flying mounts has been one of the worst features they've ever added to this game.
    Why stop at flying mounts? Mounts in general are a horrible feature. Makes the game far to hectic and fast. How about forcing people to run or we could remove even that making walking speed the fasts. Of course all the flight masters get also removed alongside all zeppelins and ships. Gotta swim from Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor.

  4. #124
    I think they should have flying mounts but tie it into the story and not just make it a lazy way of travelling faster. I.E have a zone with ascending layers or have a zone that goes into a giant pit, some thing that would make the travel an actual interesting component in regards to the adventure.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Assuming Blizzard takes us to Xoroth (home of the dreadlords / burning legion), Should blizzard allow us to fly right at level 90 off the bat while leveling up to 100?

    I think that:

    1) They should not allow us to fly in Xoroth right when we get there, instead, we should level the 10 levels and get flying like we do in MoP right now.

    2) After getting to 100, they should allow us to buy "tomes" of flying that cost 10k each, for each extra character, to fly at 90. This way it will keep it only to those people who really want it, and yet still give the option of not flying.

    What do you all think?
    So you basicly want it to stay the exact same as in MoP just bump up the cost of flying at max level. Sure why not 10k gold is isnt that hard to come by now.

  6. #126
    Stood in the Fire Feluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bank, Valley of Honor
    Posts
    391
    Personal NO! It would be better for the game.
    But they have to, they introduced it and toooooo many ppl would cry if they wouldn't allwow it anymore in the next expansion. It's a part of the game now.
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    How easy would you like it? Should mobs be phased so that hostile NPC's only appear if you're on a quest?

    It's an MMO. The game has definitely been simplified from it's original state. Blizzard spends a lot of money and a lot of time designing new zones. You remember Cata? Basically it was just pick up quest, fly to quest objective, interact/kill/collect quest objective, fly back to quest giver. It was absolutely no challenge at all to level, and the world felt very plain and boring.
    I have this crazy idea that just might work. How about... get this, how about... you make the quest objective the challenge?

    Seriously, all you people are acting like flight would automatically make things easier, when they could, I don't know, do their jobs and tune the difficulty with flying mounts in mind.

    In what way, shape or form is my leveling experience enhanced by making me fight fifty bears before I'm allowed to storm the castle of evilness?

  8. #128
    Stood in the Fire mjolnir1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colville, WA
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    I have this crazy idea that just might work. How about... get this, how about... you make the quest objective the challenge?

    Seriously, all you people are acting like flight would automatically make things easier, when they could, I don't know, do their jobs and tune the difficulty with flying mounts in mind.

    In what way, shape or form is my leveling experience enhanced by making me fight fifty bears before I'm allowed to storm the castle of evilness?
    You must have missed the long paragraph about the time, effort, and money that goes into designing and creating the new zones. Seriously, there was nothing all that memorable in the cataclysm zones, mainly because most people, myself included could just fly from objective to objective. Towards the end of the expansion is when I finally realized the amount of work that went into the new zones, Uldum being my favorite. But too little too late at that point, I wasn't about to take all my alts on a sightseeing journey with 3 months left until Mists.

    When Mists dropped, all I can say was I'm glad I couldn't fly. With the exception of the orgy of mobs in dread wastes, I enjoyed every minute of leveling between the storyline and the scenery, something I know I damn well wouldn't have experienced if I could fly from the get go. Also, keep in mind that cataclysm was the only expansion that allowed you to fly before level cap (or close to level cap). The complaints have only really started now that we were able to fly before level cap in cata.

  9. #129
    Personally I wish they'd just let me fly from the get go. I explore a LOT more and experience the artwork and time put into zones when I can fly because there is no danger as such, I have time to just stop for a minute and have a look around an outpost or any little hidden spots. When I'm on a ground mount if I'm questing I'll probably have a trail of mobs behind me from running between objectives and I'm not going to stop to kill them all to explore a little cave or w/e it might be.

    I just don't see the point of being forced to use ground based mounts to "experience" the content and storyline. all I am being forced to experience is being knocked off mount by mobs I have no need to interact with at that point and slow me down from my enjoyment of the story, To me Having to put up with fighting 10 - 15 mobs just traveling a stupid ass distance to hand in a quest only then have to run through them all again is not interesting or fun.
    Exactly this, just because I'm on a ground mount it won't and doesn't stop me from just running between objectives, it makes me ignore zones and the work put into them more when I'm on a ground mount. When I'm on a ground mount it's basically dodging mobs and hoping I don'y get dazed, on a flyer I can actually look around and do a little exploring without having to constantly clear mobs.

    Oh my god, that's so inconvenient, how ever will people hit level cap with that going on? Just stop, you're embarassing yourself, if you can't put up with some minor inconveniences when questing, especially considering how ridiculously easy it is nowadays, I feel pretty bad for you. I forgot though, things like Immersion and World PvP don't matter one bit because people like you would rather have everything handed to them on a silver platter.
    Preferring to be able to fly now equates to wanting everything handed to them? Calm down. Being forced on a ground mount that seems incredibly slow now when we've had 280%+ speed flyers for years does not create immersion, good storytelling, plots and characters do that, not being told to go collect 15 pieces of jade on a slow ground mount instead of a flyer.

  10. #130
    I understand they are not allowing flying right at the begening of the xpac.

    But they should allow flying at the patch X.1,
    how come we can't fly in Padaria already, this leveling shit is boring

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,001
    Hope you can fly right at level 90, I hate using ground mounts. They are too slow and questing with them takes forever. I play WoW to raid/pvp and not spend my time on shitty quests.

  12. #132
    Legendary! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Questing zones work better without flying. This has been clearly demonstrated by Cataclysm. With flying, and in particular the complete safety that comes with it, questing becomes solely a matter of "fly to map indicator. kill target. fly to quest giver." You don't ever participate in a zone, you just assassinate quest targets. Jade Forest is an example of how ground questing can be great for storytelling, and how flying questing would utterly gut it. Even some of the smaller quest hubs in later zones have quests that are things like "fight your way to the back of the hozen village, picking up some objects on the way, and defeat the boss." With flying, that quest group would be "pick off a few hozen around the edges, fly to the boss, gank him, and fly back." It's just not as compelling an experience.

    If all you care about is getting to the new level cap, then yeah, you'll want flying. But if you have any shred of desire to actually enjoy the leveling experience you get by questing through zones, then you should want it to be limited to ground-only. If you level exclusively by dungeons, I suppose you don't care.
    You made me change my mind. I dont like flying at all for leveling. Though I think if the next expansion was 90-100 the last zone or two could be flying zones and have the zones be multi level zones. Think massive sky islands with quest hubs on them, and caves underground spanning the entire zone. Would be amazing imo, but for the most part i think ground mounts work better.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  13. #133
    Of course they should not allow it. Cataclysm initial leveling was ruined by flying completely.

  14. #134
    Brewmaster orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,301
    I hope there isnt flying until max level

    Using pandaria as an example i had a great time levelling, the zones were a lot better than i expected and they even made me want to come back to check them out, especially the mountains in kun-lai. I finally went back at level 90 to check them out and it was really underwhelming being up in the air and i could tell that if I had flying from the start i would never have appreciated the zones as much as i did without it.

    To be honest flying really hurts this game. Going out into the world used to be a commitment and if you ever came back with anything good the feeling was quite satisfying, now its just a second thought.

  15. #135
    From my understanding flying was removed to get rid of the bots for farming ores and herbs and such like in cata i saw lvl 70s flying in the new zones stealing ores on this panda expansion i don't see anyone ever farming. Thats just my 2 cents

  16. #136
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,645
    I thought the MOP Model got it right. Flying at level Cap.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    From my understanding flying was removed to get rid of the bots for farming ores and herbs and such like in cata i saw lvl 70s flying in the new zones stealing ores on this panda expansion i don't see anyone ever farming. Thats just my 2 cents
    Yeah, maybe that's cause your server is dead. Mine is filled to the brimm with 250k hp druids flying around farming ores and herbs. And before they got those to 90 they had level 85's flying through the air using ground mounts sometimes even as corpses and farming stuff showing how good blizzards hack/cheat protection truly is. Was really fun to climb up all the way killing several mobs in the process to get at that trillium and then have a level 85 flying dk swoop down and mine it right before you can do.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    You must have missed the long paragraph about the time, effort, and money that goes into designing and creating the new zones. Seriously, there was nothing all that memorable in the cataclysm zones, mainly because most people, myself included could just fly from objective to objective. Towards the end of the expansion is when I finally realized the amount of work that went into the new zones, Uldum being my favorite. But too little too late at that point, I wasn't about to take all my alts on a sightseeing journey with 3 months left until Mists.

    When Mists dropped, all I can say was I'm glad I couldn't fly. With the exception of the orgy of mobs in dread wastes, I enjoyed every minute of leveling between the storyline and the scenery, something I know I damn well wouldn't have experienced if I could fly from the get go. Also, keep in mind that cataclysm was the only expansion that allowed you to fly before level cap (or close to level cap). The complaints have only really started now that we were able to fly before level cap in cata.
    Speak for yourself; I found Deepholm, Vashjr and Hyjal much more memorable than most of the MoP zones. In fact as for the World PvP argument people trot out, due to Hyjal's boxed in quest hub map structure I seen tons more World PvP in that one zone than I did in the entirety of MoP leveling experience. The "immersion" argument is a load of subjective smoke and mirrors; you can feel immersed traveling on your ground mount to collect those ten rats tails but your still collecting rats tails . I don't mind either way but's lets not delude ourselves on the reasons why flying was disabled until 90 in MoP; it was to slow the leveling experience down which I don't mind first time around but when it gets to alts it really starts to annoy me.

  19. #139
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Speak for yourself; I found Deepholm, Vashjr and Hyjal much more memorable than most of the MoP zones. In fact as for the World PvP argument people trot out, due to Hyjal's boxed in quest hub map structure I seen tons more World PvP in that one zone than I did in the entirety of MoP leveling experience. The "immersion" argument is a load of subjective smoke and mirrors; you can feel immersed traveling on your ground mount to collect those ten rats tails but your still collecting rats tails . I don't mind either way but's lets not delude ourselves on the reasons why flying was disabled until 90 in MoP; it was to slow the leveling experience down which I don't mind first time around but when it gets to alts it really starts to annoy me.
    Exactly this.

    I don't remember a single fucking iota of "MOP scenery" until I was well into 90, with flying.


    P.S. I don't think people realize that typically, a "slow" leveling experience is simply an aggravating, frustrating leveling experience, not a "memorable" or "immersive" one. Wanting to jump out your 11th floor window doesn't make you enjoy the game more, short or long term.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-04-27 at 04:57 PM.

  20. #140
    Of course it should, 1-2 chars I don't mind without flying until max level (provided there is some variety like in northrend where you could pick the zones you wanted to level in), other than that no flying is pointless, love those mob trains at the isle of thunder when someone ran straight to hand in a quest and not be bothered to fight a mob unless they were knocked down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •