Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Blizzard Allow Flying in Next Expansion?

Assuming Blizzard takes us to Xoroth (home of the dreadlords / burning legion), Should blizzard allow us to fly right at level 90 off the bat while leveling up to 100?

I think that:

1) They should not allow us to fly in Xoroth right when we get there, instead, we should level the 10 levels and get flying like we do in MoP right now.

2) After getting to 100, they should allow us to buy "tomes" of flying that cost 10k each, for each extra character, to fly at 90. This way it will keep it only to those people who really want it, and yet still give the option of not flying.

What do you all think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at the beginning they shouldn't but when we're at the level cap then yes.

Tidbit: Another Jaylock thread. Woot.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's a lot of assuming.
    But say that's all true, and it is 10 levels, I think it should be like Wrath with getting flying at level 77 (or was it 78?) and have the level lowered the next expansion after.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If they included flying mobs and created a way (saddle buff?) to prevent you from getting dismounted and still able to fight on your mount, then I think it could work to have to flight at introduction.

Deleted
    1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things.

2 - Flying should be allowed from the start, there is no need not to. The "want people to experience the expansion" is total bullshit. I "experience, and explore" 100 times more being able to fly. if they are dead set on making us level without flying then they should alow us to send a tome of flying to our alts to allow them to fly when leveling.

Ground based travel is outdated. The only people who want this are those that bitch on about it killing WPVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things.

2 - Flying should be allowed from the start, there is no need not to. The "want people to experience the expansion" is total bullshit. I "experience, and explore" 100 times more being able to fly. if they are dead set on making us level without flying then they should alow us to send a tome of flying to our alts to allow them to fly when leveling.

Ground based travel is outdated. The only people who want this are those that bitch on about it killing WPVP.
    I quite liked leveling the first time with no flying. But hey that's me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If we ever did go to Xoroth I wouldn't expect flying to happen right away. If we had to learn and get used to the cold weather of Northrend and the misty Pandaria then I imagine we'd have to learn how to deal with Xoroth's skies too.

I do find something nice about staying grounded too. I get to use my ground mounts, better sense of exploration and more immersive feel to it. Don't mind a tome like in Wrath, but I do feel if we go someplace new and there's a decent reason why we can't just fly around immediately, like extreme cold or dense mist that we should stay grounded for at least a little bit.
    Last edited by Wishblade; 2013-04-24 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

You are delusional.

The immersion and experience of an MMO shouldn't be reduced to: 1)get quest, 2) fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of quest objectives, 3)do quest objectives, 4)fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of turning in quest, 5)???, 6) Profit.

Questing zones work better without flying. This has been clearly demonstrated by Cataclysm. With flying, and in particular the complete safety that comes with it, questing becomes solely a matter of "fly to map indicator. kill target. fly to quest giver." You don't ever participate in a zone, you just assassinate quest targets. Jade Forest is an example of how ground questing can be great for storytelling, and how flying questing would utterly gut it. Even some of the smaller quest hubs in later zones have quests that are things like "fight your way to the back of the hozen village, picking up some objects on the way, and defeat the boss." With flying, that quest group would be "pick off a few hozen around the edges, fly to the boss, gank him, and fly back." It's just not as compelling an experience.

If all you care about is getting to the new level cap, then yeah, you'll want flying. But if you have any shred of desire to actually enjoy the leveling experience you get by questing through zones, then you should want it to be limited to ground-only. If you level exclusively by dungeons, I suppose you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think that:

1) They should not allow us to fly in Xoroth right when we get there, instead, we should level the 10 levels and get flying like we do in MoP right now.

2) After getting to 100, they should allow us to buy "tomes" of flying that cost 10k each, for each extra character, to fly at 90. This way it will keep it only to those people who really want it, and yet still give the option of not flying.

What do you all think?
    Fair enough, and that's saying something considering the thread starter.

You are delusional.

The immersion and experience of an MMO shouldn't be reduced to: 1)get quest, 2) fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of quest objectives, 3)do quest objectives, 4)fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of turning in quest, 5)???, 6) Profit.
    I completely agree with this. Having flying at the start of leveling takes out the danger of leveling and makes it faster then it should.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    A max-level character can buy an account-bound tome that starts a short quest-chain which ends with the knowledge on how to traverse the Demonic Winds of Xoroth.

I'd prefer that. Simply, like:

Quest One: Go talk to Skymarshal Bob.
    Quest Two: Use a borrowed Felguard raised on steroids to fetch an apple from the top of [local mountain].
    Quest Three: Accept your new proficiency.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    not delusional at all.
    I just don't see the point of being forced to use ground based mounts to "experience" the content and storyline. all I am being forced to experience is being knocked off mount by mobs I have no need to interact with at that point and slow me down from my enjoyment of the story, To me Having to put up with fighting 10 - 15 mobs just traveling a stupid ass distance to hand in a quest only then have to run through them all again is not interesting or fun.

Sure if I need to interact with them as part of the story, then fine I will. But being forced to interact with them simply because I being forced to use a ground mount seems like a retarded mechanic to just slow people down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    **Precursor: Damn Jaylock **

->> My fondest memories from this xpac (MOP) - were being camped by lvl 90's leveling up.
    ->> I get to 90, and I forget to camp lowbies.. TO BUSY GEARING UP IN BG'S damnit

I think it should be like MOP to lvl 95

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would, but I don't think they'll let us fly in the next expansion until we hit level cap. I think it's just stupid that my character forgets how to ride a flying mount every time there's an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    I wouldn't Mind so much if they did it Wrath style where you couldn't Fly till about 77, then once you have a character at max lvl you can buy your way into flying early. No flying at all was abit annoying in Pandaria, but the place was fantastic looking, so I didn't mind to much running around on my first go threw. It's the second or third time lvling a character to max lvl when it starts to get frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

Deleted
    Definitely allow flying mounts right from the start. Pandaria was utter !@#$ for me without a flying mount, hated every second of every minute while levelling and it's the only expansion which, 1 patch in, I only have 1 character at max level.

I think Paladins should start burning the planet apart just by existing there.

You are delusional.

It could work if the skies had obsticles/dangers of its own. Sadly, a majority of zones make very little use of that verticle space.

I think they need to ad more flying mobs to knock you down and let ground mobs to take to the air, that way all the people that wanna fly and quest still can and STILL have to fight there way through it all