Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are delusional.

The immersion and experience of an MMO shouldn't be reduced to: 1)get quest, 2) fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of quest objectives, 3)do quest objectives, 4)fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of turning in quest, 5)???, 6) Profit.
    I can't believe I'm saying this...but I actually agree with Jaylock here. Having flying in Cata, to me, made it...boring. There really was no 'danger' feeling when leveling. The only area that's an exception was Vash. And when the poster that Jaylock is quoting here says that being on the ground is old school, etc, that person should definitely look at MMOs now that are not WoW. Some don't have mounts! And if they did, there is no flying.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Allowing flying right away kinda came back and bit blizzard in the ass. Everyone finished cata leveling, exploring, and whatnot quickly and blamed blizzard for selling them short. We are ground bound in new expansions for quite a while I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome2life View Post
    Allowing flying right away kinda came back and bit blizzard in the ass. Everyone finished cata leveling, exploring, and whatnot quickly and blamed blizzard for selling them short. We are ground bound in new expansions for quite a while I'm afraid.
    Cataclysm failed because the level 85 content was boring and there wasn't enough of it. Two extra days to level would not have saved it in any way, and if Blizzard thinks so, they are delusional. Leveling was IMO one of the very few enjoyable things in Cata. But I did always want to fly over Hyjal.

As stated by previous posters, there are a whole lot of assumptions in the OP. Whatever the theme of the next expansion is, the system I liked most was how they approached flying in WotLK. Level up not quite to max level, get flying skill, and later in the expansion they gave us account bound flying tomes for alts. Seemed like a pretty good system to me.

I was a fan of the wotlk concept at the beginning. don't allow flying for your first char, but add an BoA item which grants the ability to fly. buyable with max lvl, usable with minimum lvl.

Its not even a question.

Yes. They should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this...but I actually agree with Jaylock here. Having flying in Cata, to me, made it...boring. There really was no 'danger' feeling when leveling. The only area that's an exception was Vash. And when the poster that Jaylock is quoting here says that being on the ground is old school, etc, that person should definitely look at MMOs now that are not WoW. Some don't have mounts! And if they did, there is no flying.
    To me, honestly, leveling hasn't had any danger since they took out group quests that required elites be killed. I remember back in TBC doing the group quests in outlands. You actually needed some help with them if you did them at the appropriate level. Now every quest is pretty much just a faceroll. I'd rather just be able to fly around and get it done myself, but everyone is different in how they enjoy the game so I'm not gonna speak for them saying that it should be one way or the other.

Not being able to fly until lvl 90 added nothing for me. I'll go even further and tell you that only after I got to 90 and was able to fly in Pandaria I saw all neat little things that were out there.
    I started a little late with the game, so when I got to level 60 I could fly immediately in Outland so can't tell you much about that. In Northrend I had to wait to level 77, but when I could fly I did. Until that moment I didn't really think much of the continent, but being able to put everything into perspective from a little up in the air I found all kinds of nice places. Blizzard saying that you enjoy the world much more when you walk through it isn't true for me.

And I'll reinforce this again
    Don't use flying mounts if you don't want to. Nobody forces you to fly from the Shrine to Heart of Fear, you can just as easily walk there.

Of course flying should be allowed, after whatever level cap it might be.
    I think BC, WotLK and MoP did it good with no flying before cap, that way you get to see most of the content in the zones.

If for whatever reason they would not allow flying mounts, they should remove ground mounts and flight paths aswell.

it kinda felt annoying to pay 90 level to learn to "Fly" again. I mean.. what the fuck is this "I forget how to fly! Oh wait, i remembered now!"

I think it is humorous that you ask for opinions and then insult people who don't agree with you, but then again that is your MO. 0/10.

I don't really have an issue with them restricting flying while you level. If it's too much of an issue for people to ride around on the ground while they level there are other methods of leveling available to them, specifically dungeons and BGs.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    It is tiring being FORCED to trudge along on the ground until you reach some point specified by blizz as "ok to fly now". Just another one of their artificial content slowers imo.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P