Full heroic clear needed for Empress?

So yea, simple question to confirm (we have some time to kill this reset): Can we skip to empress heroic in HoF by clearing the rest on normal.... or do we need to clear everything in order to engage her on heroic?

Same question for Sha of Fear heroic.

Both those instances you need to do all the previous bosses on heroic before pulling the end boss on heroic. In HoF, Empress won't even spawn if you don't do the previous in heroic and then switch it to heroic when you get to her. In ToES Sha won't lose the shadowy thing that protects him.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Both those instances you need to do all the previous bosses on heroic before pulling the end boss on heroic. In HoF, Empress won't even spawn if you don't do the previous in heroic and then switch it to heroic when you get to her. In ToES Sha won't lose the shadowy thing that protects him.
    A couple weeks before 5.2 we killed everything except vizier up to empress on heroic, and we left it on heroic after amber shaper and were able to actually engage empress on heroic. Haven't tried since then but it definitely worked at least once right before 5.2.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard mention of the requirement being removed this patch, but can't seem to find a source on it.

We were able to engage Empress HC without killing Vizier HC that week. Pre 5.2 .

I was under the impression that you didn't have to kill any of the previous bosses on heroic to kill the final ones, in T14, as some people have stated sofar.

The conflicting info is a bit confusing tho ><

Deleted
    I dont know the answer to your question. But i can tell you that if your unable to clear HoF Hc up to empress, she will take a looong time to get down.

We've killed all the other bosses on heroic before, and between the nerfs and our increased gear I don't think Empress will be a huge problem now. It's more a matter of not having to refresh everyone's memory on every heroic mode (specifically ambershaper) if we don't have to :P

Thanks for your concern though!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    I dont know the answer to your question. But i can tell you that if your unable to clear HoF Hc up to empress, she will take a looong time to get down.
    I'd have to disagree with that. With current gear, I'd rather have people learn Grand Empress than Amber Shaper any day of the week. It wasn't a complicated fight by any means.