Poll: Can a non-Hunter bow class fit in WoW?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yes BUT they need to be a mix of magic and bow/crossbow that is much more oriented towards magic compared to the regular Hunter.

OR they could make a class that has specs like Demon Hunter (melee+dark magic), Mage Ranger (ranged shooter+magic stuff) and, perhaps, Summoner (more magic, mix of ranged/melee).

Most of these suggestions come from DND (like neverwinter) which has a ton of various classes that Blizz can take an idea from.

I'd be fond of an Arcane Archer, like in Dragon's Dogma I believe, maybe it was a different game. But Hunters already have a few attacks like this, Arcane shot, Black Arrow, etc. I think Blizzard could make it work, and lore-wise, just pull a Draenei. Just enough lore for it to make some sense, but enough lack of it to be able to make it work however Blizzard wants. If they can have a character like Med'an in the graphic novels being a Shaman/Pally/Mage/Priest hybrid surely they can have a hunter with arcane knowledge.

(Inb4 Draenei had lore before TBC. It was minimal at best and it was in books alone if those even came out before TBC. What lore they had was "Orcs killed them to near extinction")

I really disliked the fact that hunters melee is taken out...

I would like to see a new class with melee + ranged (physical, no magic) implemented.
    Something like an engineer/thief. If you play GW2 you know that I mean.

Would be awsome to have dual wielding one handed guns, switching to bombs, and finish of with some nice daggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Weapons= guns, xbows, 1h maces, swords, axes
    Armor= INT mail, AGI mail
    Stats= AGI, INT, STAM
    Specs= Tank, DPS, Heal
    Class basis=Goblin Tinker, Goblin Alchemist, Mekkatorque

Seems pretty easy to me.
    How does it tank - with Strength Shields? Dual-wielding agility weapons? Do either of those seem appropriate lorewise? Does Mail seem appropriate? Do Tinkers fit the style of an agile fighter, does a Tinker feel right using Agility as a primary stat?

Another dual wielding, 1handed agility class and using mail armour and ranged weapons: That would mean Tinkers are competing with Rogues, Monks, Druids, Shaman and Hunters for loot. Will 6 classes sharing the same gear work?

Why can't it use Bows, because it doesn't make sense? But what about loot distribution - will Bows stop dropping from raids to make sure Tinkers and Hunters can both get viable weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Conceptually, those things aren't really that hard to do. I could whip up a Tinker pretty quickly, and necessary changes to the rest of the game to accomodate.
    Anyone can do that. But it's unlikely that it would actually be viable, unique, fun AND stay inkeeping with lore.

There's a lot more to think about.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-04-25 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    I like this concept a lot actually. Its from the RPG and that makes it non-canon, but its cool.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gunman

Only problem is that there are no pistols in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Dark Ranger and Demon Hunter would both be too similar to Hunters. Demon Hunter uses ranged attacks and traps... does that sound familiar? The rest of it's abilities are already found on the Rogue class. Dark Ranger is a little more unique, but I don't really see a lot of room for class diversity between them and Hunters.
    Not really, they could use Rangers attacks insted of hunters attacks to give them uniques spells, and give them a combination of ranged and closse attacks to give them a different gameplay

Deleted
    I'd like an expansion giving heavy lore development to Gnomes and Goblins, with the class Tinker being added. Tinkers could duel-wield guns and crossbows. Come on, wouldn't that be awesome? xD

Deleted
    Just because hunters are the only class to use bows/xbows doesn't mean a new class needs to be implemented to fill the gap.

Rogues are the only class to use melee/agi stat daggers (unless monks can, can't remember)
    Paladins are the only class that use int plate
    shamans int mail

etc.

I honestly don't think another class needs to be implemented at this point, we have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Just because hunters are the only class to use bows/xbows doesn't mean a new class needs to be implemented to fill the gap.

Rogues are the only class to use melee/agi stat daggers (unless monks can, can't remember)
    Paladins are the only class that use int plate
    shamans int mail

etc.

I honestly don't think another class needs to be implemented at this point, we have enough.
    Monks can. Tinkers can use int mail with a healer spec and fill that gap too. Then the only real gap is int plate.

Please no new classes, both new classes implemented are 100% annoying as fuck.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Deleted
    I just had another thought about something that would fit a South Seas expansion. Assuming they want to add Kul Tiras, Zandalar and those isalnds wouldn't a pirate class sort of work?
    They could have one melee spec using 1 x 1h weapons such as daggers, axes, sword and sort of "lose" their offhand.
    They could also have a ranged spec using primarely guns but bows/xbows could work as well.
    Sure there are problems, they don't fit either mail/ int plate categories but would seem like a cloth/leather class.
    They could have something like "gunpowder" as a resource to use different bombs and have a grappling hook and stuff.

This is not a very well thought out pitch but I think it could be a class with some potential and it could be made different from hunters and rogues I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    1h X 2 ( pistols/ crossbows)
    I still hold onto the hopes that someday this will happen. :\

Deleted
    Tinkers could use at least guns, if they are ever implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    How does it tank - with Strength Shields? Dual-wielding agility weapons? Do either of those seem appropriate lorewise? Does Mail seem appropriate? Do Tinkers fit the style of an agile fighter, does a Tinker feel right using Agility as a primary stat?

Another dual wielding, 1handed agility class and using mail armour and ranged weapons: That would mean Tinkers are competing with Rogues, Monks, Druids, Shaman and Hunters for loot. Will 6 classes sharing the same gear work?

Why can't it use Bows, because it doesn't make sense? But what about loot distribution - will Bows stop dropping from raids to make sure Tinkers and Hunters can both get viable weapons?.
    They use a mech suit to tank. It ups there armor and states to be tanky. We call the spec Steam Warrior after the RPG Book class. Also we let Tinkers use bows too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that it ''cant'', it HAS to be.