View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You get them at a faster rate because you started at 55. And I don't think anyone was debating the depth of level 20.

There's no point in skipping 55 levels just so some people can feel a little better for 15 minutes.
    but... thats what i said O_o

also sometimes it makes more sense in the story to start out higher
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    think of it this way, when you make a monk you are just a lowly student trying to learn, you slowly become a hero.

as a death knight or in this case demon hunter you would start out as a hero, you wouldnt have to move up the ranks and prove yourself because you already have.

when your a normal class you are a nobody who becomes a somebody

when you are a hero class you are a somebody who picks a side
    yep another good explanation. Gosh I don't know how people don't reach these conclusion by themselves lol

but... thats what i said O_o

also sometimes it makes more sense in the story to start out higher
    Yes, I agree. Death Knights were veterens of a war. Demon Hunters aren't. They don't have a war of experience on their hands.

I think someone said something about having to go through trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being in a world filled with demons would be weird for a demon hunter? It would make more sense for them to start off fighting elementals and dragons? What?

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:01 PM ----------

Go make a Death Knight and open your skill book.
    yes, let's say in the new expac Illidan comes back and he gets a redemption and starts training new demon hunters(the players), and u start at lvl 1, and you go and lvl through revamped azeroth and get to lvl 58 and go to outland where you have to kill illidan who just trained you to be a demon hunter a little while ago... how is that not fucking retarded in every way?
    If they make the starting area happen before the events of outland, or if they revamp outland then sure I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Warlocks start at level 1
    Yep. and if demon hunters in any form are ever added to the game they will be a fourth spec for a lock. So level one is the only acceptable answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Yep. and if demon hunters in any form are ever added to the game they will be a fourth spec for a lock. So level one is the only acceptable answer.
    nope, demon hunters are to different from warlocks
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

if you dont plan on buying wow again unless its free to play than yes you dont deserve to put in input, people who play the game and plan to continue playing it do because we are the target demographic.

also dont worry you dont need any help to insult your intelligence
    cheap little school yard jab, but you didn't answer any of the dinosaur sized fallacies in your incoherent bile, not that I expected you to, at this point you're ridiculing yourself with every word thinking you're hot shit.

And who said I don't plan on playing WoW again? Even if I weren't, the target demographic such as yourselves are obviously ignorant about what you're asking for, since at this point a lot of people might end up saying "wtf Demon Hunter copied Warlock spells", as you yourself have so conveniently pointed out the fact that not everyone played Warcraft 3. At this point, I doubt there's many old Warcraft RTS veterans even left in the game.

Keep mouthing off you're contradicting yourself on every post but you're probably just another forum hero who wants to boost his post count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I agree. Death Knights were veterens of a war. Demon Hunters aren't. They don't have a war of experience on their hands.

I think someone said something about having to go through trials.
    trials to become a demon hunter(like poking your eyes out, or drinking demon blood and see if you live afterwards(kinda like in dragon age with darkspawn blood)).... those kinds of trials... most demon hunters are already good warriors or whatever before they become a demon hunter... illidan started as a druid, then became very good with arcane magic and melee combat and then became a demon hunter... he was already pretty experienced with combat(unlike fresh lvl 1 heroes who just start training)...

anyway as long as they get a cool starting zone with epic story I don't really care what level they start as... only reason I said I wanted lvl 75 was because I'm too lazy to lvl from 1 again... it may not take too long but after 10+ characters it gets boring and I really really hate northrend leveling.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-25 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    cheap little school yard jab, but you didn't answer any of the dinosaur sized fallacies in your incoherent bile, not that I expected you to, at this point you're ridiculing yourself with every word thinking you're hot shit.

And who said I don't plan on playing WoW again? Even if I weren't, the target demographic such as yourselves are obviously ignorant about what you're asking for, since at this point a lot of people might end up saying "wtf Demon Hunter copied Warlock spells", as you yourself have so conveniently pointed out the fact that not everyone played Warcraft 3. At this point, I doubt there's many old Warcraft RTS veterans even left in the game.

Keep mouthing off you're contradicting yourself on every post but you're probably just another forum hero who wants to boost his post count.
    ironic /10chars

I thought blizzard didn't like the idea of hero classes anymore? So level 1 would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by relindrani View Post
    I thought blizzard didn't like the idea of hero classes anymore? So level 1 would make sense
    theyve never said this >_< how did this rumour even come to exist?

Cool. They are adding Demon Hunters to the game? I hadnt heard this, but the way the thread title is worded makes it sound as if this has been announced. I am really looking forward to Demon Hunters, and also to the day when Jaylock learns how to title a thread correctly. It will be exciting times. All hail Xenu!

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Cool. They are adding Demon Hunters to the game? I hadnt heard this, but the way the thread title is worded makes it sound as if this has been announced. I am really looking forward to Demon Hunters, and also to the day when Jaylock learns how to title a thread correctly. It will be exciting times. All hail Xenu!
    its highly foreshadowed that the next expansion will be the burning legion and blizzard has pretty much confirmed that illidan will be back somehow.

if wrathion kept walking around talking about oceans and blizzard was talking about azshara all last blizzcon you would see tons of naga threads instead

theyve never said this >_< how did this rumour even come to exist?
    Because they removed the limitations on Death Knights and didn't make monks a hero class.

Because they removed the limitations on Death Knights and didn't make monks a hero class.
    the limitation on death knights has nothing to do with them being a hero class and monks wouldnt make sense as a hero class

ironic /10chars
    You're reported for trolling and baiting.

See? Making phrases isn't so hard, as long as you have a verb in them. Think about it the next time you want to type that 10 chars bullshit again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    You're reported for trolling and baiting.

See? Making phrases isn't so hard, as long as you have a verb in them. Think about it the next time you want to type that 10 chars bullshit again.
    its not trolling if your post truly was ironic

the limitation on death knights has nothing to do with them being a hero class and monks wouldnt make sense as a hero class
    You asked a question and I answered. They removed everything that made Death Knights appear as more than a normal class. As much as everyone is concerned, Death Knights are a normal class now. Because of this, there's not really any indication or reason why they would make another.

You asked a question and I answered. They removed everything that made Death Knights appear as more than a normal class. As much as everyone is concerned, Death Knights are a normal class now. Because of this, there's not really any indication or reason why they would make another.
    but the thing that makes it a hero class is its starting zone and raised starting level.

they still are that so i dont see what you mean

10+ Year Old Account
    but the thing that makes it a hero class is its starting zone and raised starting level.

they still are that so i dont see what you mean
    I just explained what Hero Class means like 2-3 pages ago.... but ppl apparently don't bother reading what other ppl say...

I'll say it again in summary: A hero class is exactly like a normal class except that they have a Background story... and right now only DK's have a Background story...

Also it makes sense that Demon hunters would start at a higher level since Illidan at least was skilled in arcane and melee when he became a demon hunter so he didn't exactly start as a common lowlife... and probably every demon hunter worth his bread was skilled at something before becoming a demon hunter. So they don't really start from scratch, they have the knowledge they used to before becoming demon hunters, they just have to adapt to the fighting style of the demon hunters now... Just like death knights who were resurrected from fallen champions, they still retained some of their power but had to train to master their new powers... however they were still strong so they didn't start at level 1...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-25 at 07:46 PM.