View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Level 55

    44 26.35%
  • Level 65

    48 28.74%
  • Level 75

    75 44.91%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    when death knights came out they were 25 levels below level cap

    so if i assume the next expansion will raise the level cap to 100 they should start at
    75, 70 if the cap is 95

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    One of dumber Blizzard ideas was to introduce "hero class". What's so heroic about that class? That they start at higher level. Impressed.
    a hero class doesnt mean anything other than getting their own starting zone and starting at a level higher than normal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Brewmaster, not quite the same, but DKs arent the same they where in WCIII either, and either will DHs be in they become a class.

    Hero classes where in Blizzards future section on the old website. Pre BC. I'll see if I can somehow dig that info up on wayback machine or something.

    However if you can show me some proof that Blizzard considers a hero class a hero you can play in WCIII, I will concede.

    http://web.archive.org/web/200502250...info/underdev/

    and there you have it, from 2-25-2005.
    They are the same, they are unholy warriors able to resurrect dead entities, they had the Deathcoil and they could heal undead allies or deal damages with it, they are able to sacrify one of their undead allies to get their health (Death pact), they have the unholy aura that enhance attack speed, and they can resurrect an army of ghouls ... like DK's in wow.

    That's true that they never affirmed that a hero class would obviously come from WCIII heroes, i used a bad formulation and i apologize, i wanted to give possible reasons for it being an hero class, and i wanted to say that, maybe, it could be cause it was an hero in WCIII.

    And, it's written hero class, but it doesn't obviously mean that that it was pointing out the same concept as the death knight, you may be right though.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  3. #63
    I'd just like to point something out for the hopeful ones:

    back when cataclysm was announced some people were really disappointed that there would be no new class, so they got a bit vocal on that. blizzard responded that they will not be adding new classes on every expansion because a new class changes the dynamics of class synergy and PvP way too much for comfort.

    considering we just got a new class, having a new class on the next expansion seems unlikely at best.

    now, let's assume for a moment that all the legion stuff we are getting during wrathion's questline is really foreshadowing of a burning legion expansion, and not misdirection. (misdirection as in "the legion is coming, the legion is coming, BAM! south seas expansion about the naga with 0% burning legion! you didn't count on that, did you?")

    that would mean that on the second expansion they did about demons, there would be no new class. which means no demon hunter class (we will assume for now that the possibility of integrating demon hunters into the warlock class doesn't exist, though I'm fond of the idea). now, how long do you think we'll have to wait until we get a new burning legion expansion after this one to have a new chance of playable demon hunter class? lol

    on the other hand, if the next expansion is not about demons, than playable demon hunters have a chance of existing as a class. next expansion: new race, new stuffs, the following expansion: new class, demon hunters! it could happen.

    so if you want to see demon hunters playable as a whole class (as opposed to as a warlock glyph lol), than pray that the next expansion is not about demons.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd just like to point something out for the hopeful ones:

    back when cataclysm was announced some people were really disappointed that there would be no new class, so they got a bit vocal on that. blizzard responded that they will not be adding new classes on every expansion because a new class changes the dynamics of class synergy and PvP way too much for comfort.

    considering we just got a new class, having a new class on the next expansion seems unlikely at best.

    now, let's assume for a moment that all the legion stuff we are getting during wrathion's questline is really foreshadowing of a burning legion expansion, and not misdirection. (misdirection as in "the legion is coming, the legion is coming, BAM! south seas expansion about the naga with 0% burning legion! you didn't count on that, did you?")

    that would mean that on the second expansion they did about demons, there would be no new class. which means no demon hunter class (we will assume for now that the possibility of integrating demon hunters into the warlock class doesn't exist, though I'm fond of the idea). now, how long do you think we'll have to wait until we get a new burning legion expansion after this one to have a new chance of playable demon hunter class? lol

    on the other hand, if the next expansion is not about demons, than playable demon hunters have a chance of existing as a class. next expansion: new race, new stuffs, the following expansion: new class, demon hunters! it could happen.

    so if you want to see demon hunters playable as a whole class (as opposed to as a warlock glyph lol), than pray that the next expansion is not about demons.
    the next expansion is the 10th anniversary, we should keep our minds open.

    im expecting

    3 new races

    new class

    level cap 100
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #65
    jaylock you seem to have missed the "GODDAMNIT I DON'T WANT A GODDAMN DEMON HUNTER" option
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    jaylock you seem to have missed the "GODDAMNIT I DON'T WANT A GODDAMN DEMON HUNTER" option
    there will always be people who dont want something, however out of qall the things people want most demon hunter is the most wanted
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the next expansion is the 10th anniversary, we should keep our minds open.

    im expecting

    3 new races

    new class

    level cap 100
    just because it's the 10th anniversary doesn't mean blizzard employees will suddenly obtain godlike design powers.

    I'm expecting the same amount of content as always but with a special pet reward during the anniversary event.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  8. #68
    All i want is new races.

    They spice things up more then new classes for me even if i never play them.

    If ogres come to horde all my horde will be ogres no exceptions.

  9. #69
    also: expecting far too much means you are setting yourself to be disappointed when you get the real deal.

    I call that the diablo 3 syndrome lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  10. #70
    High Overlord Mshadowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    135
    Furbolgs for alliance, Ogres For horde, naga/ethereals for both. Demon hunters for hero class. There is my wish list.

  11. #71
    Epic! Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,564
    GUYS GREAT NEWS!!! There's this thing in the Warlock class called Demonology and guess what? It covers demon hunters completely. Yeah we aren't getting a Demon Hunter class, hate to burst your bubble here OP but that shipped sailed ages ago. If we get another class I'm putting all my chips on a ranger/tinker hybrid that wears mail.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there will always be people who dont want something, however out of qall the things people want most demon hunter is the most wanted
    do you have any statistics to back up your claim
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    GUYS GREAT NEWS!!! There's this thing in the Warlock class called Demonology and guess what? It covers demon hunters completely. Yeah we aren't getting a Demon Hunter class, hate to burst your bubble here OP but that shipped sailed ages ago. If we get another class I'm putting all my chips on a ranger/tinker hybrid that wears mail.
    Havn't any link with Demon hunter except demon metamorph and fel magic.
    Warlocks have death coil, Death knight too, your argument is invalid.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    just because it's the 10th anniversary doesn't mean blizzard employees will suddenly obtain godlike design powers.

    I'm expecting the same amount of content as always but with a special pet reward during the anniversary event.
    blizzard has more than doubled all of their teams. its the 10th anniversary of one of the most successful video games in history, blizzard has gotten better at introducing new classes and theyve done more foreshadowing for this expansion then any other expansion in the history of wow.

    theres no reason to assume they wont go all out, a 10 year anniversary is a HUGE milestone
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #75
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,348
    I doubt there will be a new hero class for 1-2 expansions, so no point in voting.. (Defo don't think it'll be a demon hunter, if anything I can see blizz changing a spec in the current hunters for it)

    If I had to make a decision on voting, lvl 55 would make the most sense.

  16. #76
    1 , will give me something to do.

    edit: ok that may have sounded negative, there is a lot to do but I would rather they started at 1 to give me even more to do.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-04-25 at 01:03 AM.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    GUYS GREAT NEWS!!! There's this thing in the Warlock class called Demonology and guess what? It covers demon hunters completely. Yeah we aren't getting a Demon Hunter class, hate to burst your bubble here OP but that shipped sailed ages ago. If we get another class I'm putting all my chips on a ranger/tinker hybrid that wears mail.
    HAY GUISE GRATE NOOZ THARS THIS THING CALLED A WARLOCK CLASS THAT HAS ONE SPELL IN COMMON WITH THE DEMON HUNTAR CLASS GUISE

    stop it, warlocks are nothing like demon hunters

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I doubt there will be a new hero class for 1-2 expansions, so no point in voting.. (Defo don't think it'll be a demon hunter, if anything I can see blizz changing a spec in the current hunters for it)

    If I had to make a decision on voting, lvl 55 would make the most sense.
    if any class got a demon hunter spec it would be rogue, and even then 4th specs would never happen.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard has more than doubled all of their teams. its the 10th anniversary of one of the most successful video games in history, blizzard has gotten better at introducing new classes and theyve done more foreshadowing for this expansion then any other expansion in the history of wow.

    theres no reason to assume they wont go all out, a 10 year anniversary is a HUGE milestone
    it's fine with me if you think like that. just don't say I didn't warn you in case the next expansion has 5 new levels, 2 new races and one new mario kart mode.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Havn't any link with Demon hunter except demon metamorph and fel magic.
    Warlocks have death coil, Death knight too, your argument is invalid.
    No, his argument is very valid. Warlocks and Deathknights share a lot of the "Demon-hunter-esq" spells. Yeah, Demon Hunters are cool, but we already have two classes that pretty much cover the whole demon/dark magic aspect that is the Demon Hunter. Sure, there's always chance that Blizzard add Demon Hunters, but highly unlikely.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's fine with me if you think like that. just don't say I didn't warn you in case the next expansion has 5 new levels, 2 new races and one new mario kart mode.
    are you trolling? why would blizzard add kart racing to wow theres not even a place ingame it would fit since the only race track in game was destroyed in cata

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    No, his argument is very valid. Warlocks and Deathknights share a lot of the "Demon-hunter-esq" spells. Yeah, Demon Hunters are cool, but we already have two classes that pretty much cover the whole demon/dark magic aspect that is the Demon Hunter. Sure, there's always chance that Blizzard add Demon Hunters, but highly unlikely.
    money says otherwise
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •