View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't want demon hunters. They would be an unnecessary new class added to greater bloat the game that is already there.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like 65. Why? I hate Outland with a burning passion. But thats me.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really, maybe less work for the art team but not for people who make the actual game
    race games are really easy to code. can't go out of the track, can't move before the count of 3, the first to do X laps wins. there isn't a whole lot of math involved outside the basic movement code and the lap count, the first being already there and the second being absolutely trivial.

coding a single new class in a game like WoW takes way more code than a race.

even I have already made a simple 1 player race game-ish in my spare time. I don't dare show it on the interwebs, though, for the game-ish was utterly ugly lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    What is this madness about Demon hunters? Was ther some blue post saying its coming?

Last i've heard there won't be any new hero classes to be made.

Why would everyone and their granny roll Demon hunter? Cos the current classes are dull and ppl want something new. Monk was something refreshing, but it wasn't that superior. So most just ditched their monk and got bored again with the old classes.

Blizz should make new class every half year or so to keep peopple entertained. After all ayn game is about entertainment?

Maybe get back to old model where each class is different and forget the balance for a moment. I bet this would make game so much more enojoyable.

Uniqueness has left the game while ago and this is very, very bad desing.

TONS of people care about mewtwo, theres a reason he was added to melee. and he was going to be added to brawl as well but they wanted to use lucario as the mascot for pokemon

also yes, there are tons of people who would subscribe to wow even if its just for a month to see it
    i'm asking how many people here like mewtwo
    everyone who likes mewtwo
    raise your hand
    i'm doing this so we can get a reasonable sample size outside of you saying "WELL EVERYONE LIKES MEWTWO"
    do you think maybe they added him to melee not because he's a particularly fan favourite pokemon but instead because he's been the antagonist for half the movies, kinda like how they have pikachu in there because he's in every single anime episode
    why aren't they adding a new jigglypuff form, that guy's awesome
    best pokemon ever

blizzard's goal is not to make people subscribe for a month
    it's to make people subscribe FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEVER
    $55 from expansion purchase+1month of DEMON HUNTERING< ~$250 from full expansion subscription because the game is solid
    completely missing the point that the majority's 'subscribed/not subscribed' status will not change whether or not they add demon hunters
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-04-25 at 01:13 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    race games are really easy to code. can't go out of the track, can't move before the count of 3, the first to do X laps wins. there isn't a whole lot of math involved outside the basic movement code and the lap count, the first being already there and the second being absolutely trivial.

coding a single new class in a game like WoW takes way more code than a race.

even I have already made a simple 1 player race game-ish in my spare time. I don't dare show it on the interwebs, though, for the game-ish was utterly ugly lol
    it would have to be far more than a simple little game to be added as a major feature in an expansion, a small daily or event tucked somewhere like the sonic homage in the vale or the plants versus zombies daily? sure. but if its going to be added as a selling point it would have to be top knotch otherwise its a waste of money and resources
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Level 1.

Starting from "1" helps people learn their class better.

i dont think so, if you cant learn your class from 55-90/95, you've got no hope.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    I'd like 65. Why? I hate Outland with a burning passion. But thats me.
    would rather 90 :< i hate all the zones!

done northrend about 100 times, i cant stand the place. at least cataclysm is fast to level in now, do 80-85 in about a day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Start at 65, leave starting area by 70 straight into Wrath content.

Starting area = Black Temple

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i'm asking how many people here like mewtwo
    everyone who likes mewtwo
    raise your hand
    i'm doing this so we can get a reasonable sample size outside of you saying "WELL EVERYONE LIKES MEWTWO"
    do you think maybe they added melee to brawl not because he's a particularly fancy pokemon but instead because he's been the antagonist for half the movies, kinda like how they have pikachu in there because he's in every single anime episode

blizzard's goal is not to make people subscribe for a month
    it's to make people subscribe FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEVER
    $55 from expansion purchase+1month of DEMON HUNTERING< ~$250 from full expansion subscription because the game is solid
    completely missing the point that the majority's 'subscribed/not subscribed' status will not change whether or not they add demon hunters
    you're assuming that the wow playerbase and the pokemon playerbase overlaps dramatically, you're also assuming the expansion will be bad and based soley on the fact that demon hunters are in it.

demon hunters are in the expansion

people who wouldnt have been interested now are

they try the game and find they like it, or that the new class has made them like wow again, or maybe they dont even like the way it plays but something else in the game gets them hooked again.

either way more people interested in the game means more poeple who are likely to stay, even if only 1 out of 3 people who try it because of demon hunters stay thats still people blizzard wouldnt have gotten back otherwise and even for the ones who leave thats extra money in blizzards pocket
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Demon Hunter is a melee class, thereby, they do not fit with almost all of Warlock's spells. (MELEE CHAOS BOLT LOL)
    Warlocks enslaves demons to fight, Demon hunters do not.
    Demon Hunter is able to manaburn, warlock is not, and it would be the only melee class that would be able to manaburn, could easily lead to interesting combat mechanics.
    Demon hunter are able to infuse life in shadows and felfire, and makes it swarm by parasiting ennemies, warlocks aren't able to. (C.f Illidan, his felfire elementals and his shadowfiends)
    Demon hunter can feed on their opponent's soul (C.f Illidan), warlocks can uses ennemies soul to cast certain spells but they can't feed on it.
    Warlock's immolate is a mono-target dot while demon hunter's immolate is an aura (Bringing the activate/desactivate your aura whenever you wants concept which could be interesting).

Demon hunter uses fire, felfire, and shadow magics, only common points with warlocks, but certainly not with the Deathknights which are nearly the opposite.
    1 - demonic slash, melee skill from the glyph of demon hunting.
    2 - loramus thalipedes had plenty of fel hunter pets.
    3 - blizz doesn't like people attacking mana anymore.
    4 - considering the fire elementals came from his warglaives and the shard of azzinoth summons one, I'd say it comes from his weapon, rather than a class skill.
    5 - warlocks feed on souls all the time. soul harvest is a passive that heals you over time while out of combat by harvesting lost souls and feeding on them.
    5 - immolation aura, both metamorphosis and glyph of demon hunting skill

the only point you have is the parasite shadowfiends thing. even so, I wouldn't bet on demon hunters getting that skill because it's awefully close to shadowpriest department.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:16 AM ----------

it would have to be far more than a simple little game to be added as a major feature in an expansion, a small daily or event tucked somewhere like the sonic homage in the vale or the plants versus zombies daily? sure. but if its going to be added as a selling point it would have to be top knotch otherwise its a waste of money and resources
    I'm not saying they should copy my lame game-ish. it could be top knotch and it would still be easier to code than a WoW class that has a fuckaton of math in each skill.

you're assuming that the wow playerbase and the pokemon playerbase overlaps dramatically, you're also assuming the expansion will be bad and based soley on the fact that demon hunters are in it.
    i'd be happy to wager that just about anybody on the forum who's willing to discuss wow would probably also be willing to discuss pokeymans
    seriously i'll put $50 on this you up for that?

nope
    i'm saying people won't reenter the game just because blizzard added zomgshinydemonhuntars

demon hunters are in the expansion

people who wouldnt have been interested now are

they try the game and find they like it, or that the new class has made them like wow again, or maybe they dont even like the way it plays but something else in the game gets them hooked again.

either way more people interested in the game means more poeple who are likely to stay, even if only 1 out of 3 people who try it because of demon hunters stay thats still people blizzard wouldnt have gotten back otherwise and even for the ones who leave thats extra money in blizzards pocket
    here's what most people do
    'oh hey cool demon hunters are in the next expansion'
    'nothing really that cool for my main class tho'
    'my friends don't play wow anymore so it's no fun'
    'this story is so alien that i can't relate to it/it doesn't look like wow'
    'the mechanics and/or graphics are too old'
    'i think i'll give it a miss'

lack of demon hunters are at the bottom of a long long list of reasons people don't play wow

...that list looks suspiciously like the list of reasons i don't play mop
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

4 - considering the fire elementals came from his warglaives and the shard of azzinoth summons one, I'd say it comes from his weapon, rather than a class skill.
    5 - warlocks feed on souls all the time. soul harvest is a passive that heals you over time while out of combat by harvesting lost souls and feeding on them.

the only point you have is the parasite shadowfiends thing. even so, I wouldn't bet on demon hunters getting that skill because it's awefully close to shadowpriest department.
    thats one demon hunter who has pets, the vast majority of demon hunters dont, and even then fel hunters are the equivalent of pet dogs when it comes to demons so its not that big of a stretch that someone out in the world has a pet dog it doesnt mean its the norm, demon hunters are also almost never in meta, if they got added to wow meta would be a small cd in their rotation, or it might be more like arm of the dead and used even less. immolation aura is easily renamed or even just not given to him, the glyph of demon hunting vanity effect isnt what demon hunters would look like either, it looks more like teron gorefiend with horns then a demon hunter.

unless you can make warlocks look like this i will never accept demon hunting as a warlock spec because it would be nothing like a demon hunter except in name

I don't really see the lore reason for starting above level 1...

Still, it should be 65 so that they start in Outland and could be part of Illidan's forces that defect.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:16 AM ----------

I'm not saying they should copy my lame game-ish. it could be top knotch and it would still be easier to code than a WoW class that has a fuckaton of math in each skill.
    1. One melee skill for warlocks, and only accessible with a vanity glyph, obviously cancel every opportunity to make a demon hunter class.
    2. Loramus Thalipedes is a random PNJ and Blizzard doesn't care about random pnj's. Teron Gorefiend is a deathknight, but usual deathknights can't use incinerate.
    3. They should.
    4. And so, how did he gave the order to the weapon's aura to trensform into an elemental ? By saying abracadabra ?
    5. And so, only cause the warlocks can, it's impossible to make an other class that could do the same
    6. Demon hunters do not need to be under metamorphosis to use Immolation Aura.

7. What's the problem with having two spells that have the same name on two classes ? The world will explode ? Perfectly worked with Death Coil. Not a problem until you prove it, especially when it isn't supposed to be used in the same way.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-25 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i'd be happy to wager that just about anybody on the forum who's willing to discuss wow would probably also be willing to discuss pokeymans
    seriously i'll put $50 on this you up for that?

nope
    i'm saying people won't reenter the game just because blizzard added zomgshinydemonhuntars

here's what most people do
    'oh hey cool demon hunters are in the next expansion'
    'nothing really that cool for my main class tho'
    'my friends don't play wow anymore so it's no fun'
    'this story is so alien that i can't relate to it/it doesn't look like wow'
    'the mechanics and/or graphics are too old'
    'i think i'll give it a miss'

lack of demon hunters are at the bottom of a long long list of reasons people don't play wow

...that list looks suspiciously like the list of reasons i don't play mop
    yeah or they might do this

doop doop de do guess ill check up on some game news

"new warcraft class is a throwback to longtime fans"

eh ill see what they came up with this time

LEVEL TO 100 AND DO BATTLE AGAINST AZEROTHS GREATEST ENEMIES AS THE MIGHTY DEMON HUNTER, EXPLORE ALL NEW CUSTOMIZATION WITH BRAND NEW MODELS, TRAVEL TO THE DEMONIC HOMEWORLD OF THE NATHREZIM AND SAVE THE UNIVERSE NOW.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

afterall i had quit wow in early wrath i had my accoutn hacked and lost everything i thought i would never ever coome back to wow but one day i was browsing some news and saw "worgen new playable race for cataclysm"

and cataclysm was horrible and yet i play wow more than ever and am more excited about it than ever and with mists the story is better than its ever been

unless you can make warlocks look like this i will never accept demon hunting as a warlock spec because it would be nothing like a demon hunter except in name
    looks is a rather shallow reason for rejecting something.

also, the name "warlock" sounds nothing like "demon hunter". what warlocks and demon hunters have alike is not name, but essence. they are both people that use demonic magic to strengthen themselves. you may say that demon hunters do so to fight against demons while warlocks do it for greed, but I don't think illidan built an army of demon minions in order to fight against demons.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting a new class next expansion most likely.

100% for sure not getting a new melee class, which demon hunters would be.

It's time for a new ranged class, since at the moment there's only one class that can use bows/guns/crossbows.

Pretty sure it's going to be a long time before we get a new melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Not getting a new class next expansion most likely.

100% for sure not getting a new melee class, which demon hunters would be.

It's time for a new ranged class, since at the moment there's only one class that can use bows/guns/crossbows.

Pretty sure it's going to be a long time before we get a new melee class.
    ghostcrawlers tweet about demon hunters implys that they are thinking about giving them a ranged spec

ghostcrawlers tweet about demon hunters implys that they are thinking about giving them a ranged spec
    how about destruction?

looks is a rather shallow reason for rejecting something.

also, the name "warlock" sounds nothing like "demon hunter". what warlocks and demon hunters have alike is not name, but essence. they are both people that use demonic magic to strengthen themselves. you may say that demon hunters do so to fight against demons while warlocks do it for greed, but I don't think illidan built an army of demon minions in order to fight against demons.
    if it doesnt look like a demon hunter, if it doesnt act like a demon hunter, then why make a spec called demon hunter?

if it isnt going to have the main thematic style that demon hunters have than whats the point? thats not what people want.

also illidan isnt really a good example for what a demon hunter is or can do, he didnt even actually create demon hunters his legacy did, he was stuck in a hole for 10,000 years before he even met a demon hunter, and considering other demon hunters didnt get their powers in the same way, and were all self taught it could even be said that illidan isnt even really a demon hunter and is something else entirely, he certainly was by the time we got to black temple

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:37 PM ----------

how about destruction?
    i have several demon hunter theories, one is to have them be more like brewmasters where the class is basically a demon hunter but expanded.

also this idea is slightly stolen since ive seen other people post it before but one of my favorites would be a class like this

demon hunter class

demon slaying spec or insert more clever name here - basically the demon hunter we all know melee dps spec

dark ranger spec - physical ranged based off the dark rangers

spellbreaker spec - tank spec based off the spellbreakers