View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Level 55

    44 26.35%
  • Level 65

    48 28.74%
  • Level 75

    75 44.91%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    looks is a rather shallow reason for rejecting something.

    also, the name "warlock" sounds nothing like "demon hunter". what warlocks and demon hunters have alike is not name, but essence. they are both people that use demonic magic to strengthen themselves. you may say that demon hunters do so to fight against demons while warlocks do it for greed, but I don't think illidan built an army of demon minions in order to fight against demons.
    if it doesnt look like a demon hunter, if it doesnt act like a demon hunter, then why make a spec called demon hunter?

    if it isnt going to have the main thematic style that demon hunters have than whats the point? thats not what people want.

    also illidan isnt really a good example for what a demon hunter is or can do, he didnt even actually create demon hunters his legacy did, he was stuck in a hole for 10,000 years before he even met a demon hunter, and considering other demon hunters didnt get their powers in the same way, and were all self taught it could even be said that illidan isnt even really a demon hunter and is something else entirely, he certainly was by the time we got to black temple

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    how about destruction?
    i have several demon hunter theories, one is to have them be more like brewmasters where the class is basically a demon hunter but expanded.

    also this idea is slightly stolen since ive seen other people post it before but one of my favorites would be a class like this

    demon hunter class

    demon slaying spec or insert more clever name here - basically the demon hunter we all know melee dps spec

    dark ranger spec - physical ranged based off the dark rangers

    spellbreaker spec - tank spec based off the spellbreakers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #122
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Not getting a new class next expansion most likely.

    100% for sure not getting a new melee class, which demon hunters would be.


    It's time for a new ranged class, since at the moment there's only one class that can use bows/guns/crossbows.

    Pretty sure it's going to be a long time before we get a new melee class.
    Tinker class. Ranged, unique, and fits well into the game.

  3. #123
    blood elves are my second favorite race behind pandaren

    i think combining 2 and half of their racial identity to form one uber class would be amazing (i say 2 and half because dark rangers are more of a forsaken version of the elven rangers)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    demon hunter class

    demon slaying spec or insert more clever name here - basically the demon hunter we all know melee dps spec

    dark ranger spec - physical ranged based off the dark rangers

    spellbreaker spec - tank spec based off the spellbreakers
    these 3 have nothing to do with one another.

    dark rangers are undead hunters (the undead hunter trainer is the human dark ranger from vanilla, the dark rangers in hillsbrad are obviously hunters with camouflage and spider pets, etc)

    spellbreakers don't hunt demons. they beat mages up. they are warriors with a sword and a shield using spell reflection, mostly.

    with the brewmasters, the route was fairly simple: they took the brewmaster, that was a drunken kung-fu fighter, took out the beer and made the other 2 specs up without beer. they didn't merge pre-existing classes with it.

    look, I have nothing against playable demon hunters as a class. but I'm a nice dude, so I'll tell you this: you are clinging too tight on this idea of playable demon hunter class. blizz tweeted about demon hunters not having a niche to fill right now, and they've said before they won't be making new classes every expansion. the chances of playable demon hunters as a class are slim. relax and let go of this idea, or you may spoil the game for yourself.

    if the next expansion has no demon hunters and you end up having a huge disappointment, it'll be 100% your fault, because blizz didn't say anything about adding demon hunters next expansion.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #125
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    10,358
    Demon Hunter's should definitely start at level "speculation that they even exist"

    I'm honestly surprised there's so much talk about what they should and shouldn't have when they may not even be a thing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

    IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads

  6. #126
    Do you want one, two, or three troll threads per evening?

    I think two is good.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    these 3 have nothing to do with one another.

    dark rangers are undead hunters (the undead hunter trainer is the human dark ranger from vanilla, the dark rangers in hillsbrad are obviously hunters with camouflage and spider pets, etc)

    spellbreakers don't hunt demons. they beat mages up. they are warriors with a sword and a shield using spell reflection, mostly.

    with the brewmasters, the route was fairly simple: they took the brewmaster, that was a drunken kung-fu fighter, took out the beer and made the other 2 specs up without beer. they didn't merge pre-existing classes with it.

    look, I have nothing against playable demon hunters as a class. but I'm a nice dude, so I'll tell you this: you are clinging too tight on this idea of playable demon hunter class. blizz tweeted about demon hunters not having a niche to fill right now, and they've said before they won't be making new classes every expansion. the chances of playable demon hunters as a class are slim. relax and let go of this idea, or you may spoil the game for yourself.

    if the next expansion has no demon hunters and you end up having a huge disappointment, it'll be 100% your fault, because blizz didn't say anything about adding demon hunters next expansion.
    spellbreakers and demon hunters use similar weapons (they both use magically empowered glaives)

    they both fight fire with fire (demon hunters use demonic magic to empower their weapons, spellbreakers use magic to nullify it and use it against their enemies)

    they both wear similar armor types (spellbreakers wore plate in warcraft 3 but they wear mail in wow, demon hunters wear leather and sometimes mail, a demon hunter class would almoast certainly use mail if added)

    the dark ranger is a bit more of a stretch but its the only ranged character that fits thematically with demon hunters and i think it wouldnt be to hard to imagine a dark ranger empowering their weapons with demonic magic and even blinding themselves so they can see their enemies like flames in the dark

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Demon Hunter's should definitely start at level "speculation that they even exist"

    I'm honestly surprised there's so much talk about what they should and shouldn't have when they may not even be a thing.
    its mostly because they are a fan favorite and the next expansion is heavily foreshadowed to be about the burning legion.

    if there was heavy foreshadowing for the naga we would see tons of "this is why naga will be added" threads ect ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  8. #128
    They can start at level 150 for all I care because they will never exist.

  9. #129
    I think 65 would be a good starting point if they are a Hero class. Level 1 otherwise. Starting in Outland would work (for me anyway) because I would associate the class with Illidan and Shadowmoon Valley.

    I personally want a Ranger bow/crossbow type class. If that is associated with Demon Hunter somehow I would certainly give the class a try.


    Karma always has the last laugh.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    They can start at level 150 for all I care because they will never exist.
    as long as they remain the most wanted class to be added to wow they will be added at some point
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #131
    I believe blizzard posted saying they believe the hero class was a mistake and DK no longer has that tag (and as such possibly having the 1 class per server limit removed soon), so I doubt you'll find anymore.

  12. #132
    Brewmaster Indiglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pataskala, OH
    Posts
    1,378
    Is this hypothetical or did I miss something?

    Armory
    Thanks to Threign for the awesome sig

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    I believe blizzard posted saying they believe the hero class was a mistake and DK no longer has that tag (and as such possibly having the 1 class per server limit removed soon), so I doubt you'll find anymore.
    thats not true at all, i really wish people would stop spreading this lie.

    people were under a false assumption that hero class meant stronger class blizzard has only clarified that a hero class is a class that gets its own starting zone and starts at a higher level than normal classes, normal classes start out as a nobody hero classes start out as a somebody.

    the reason the one per realm limit was added was to prevent people from making tons of them and to prevent overcrowding, obviously death knights arent the hot new thing right now and people arent obsessed with them anymore
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #134
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    R.I.P. AU Orgrim Doomhammer
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Warlocks start at level 1
    Teriz, just go, Demon Hunters are not the same as Warlocks (See: Priests vs Paladins) I'm pretty sure at this point nobody wants to argue this point with you anymore because you seem to be too dense to listen to sound reason that is supported by facts and instead would rather go off from your understanding of the situation which is debunked by facts. Not to mention your post was horribly off-topic.

    Personally, I'd like to see Demon Hunters, if added start at level 1, but have their own quest area, I do like Geminials suggestion of the pre-bc Black Temple, however I think it would be hard to figure out a way to make the Demon Hunters join either the Horde or Alliance after being in Illidan's service.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinker class. Ranged, unique, and fits well into the game.
    Also you should stop shoving your ideas into every class thread ever, it gets old, I have personally already told you why tinkers are unlikely, sure it could happen, but it's unlikely, as for the post you quoted, Demon Hunters fill that spellsword battlemage niche people have been wanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  15. #135
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,564
    Won't exist.

  16. #136
    If they actually make Demon Hunters a Hero class like Death Knight's then start them the same lvl, 55. However I find that players learn their classes better by starting from 1 to cap. That's my opinion though. Seems a lot of Death Knights even today still have problems learning the class starting at 55, not all players but a lot of them.

  17. #137
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,034
    Assuming it is Demon Hunters... I wouldn't want them as a "Hero" class, even though yes, I know they were a Night Elf hero in WC3.

    Start at level 1.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

  18. #138
    They already have a monk in Diablo 3 and now in WoW. There is already a Demon Hunter in Diablo 3, I don't want the same class in WoW. Mix it up, give up something not in Diablo. haha.

  19. #139
    Mechagnome Whidbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA USA
    Posts
    668
    None, because I doubt they will ever be in game.

  20. #140
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    R.I.P. AU Orgrim Doomhammer
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    They already have a monk in Diablo 3 and now in WoW. There is already a Demon Hunter in Diablo 3, I don't want the same class in WoW. Mix it up, give up something not in Diablo. haha.
    Umm, how about you go play Warcraft III And realize the Diablo Demon hunters and Warcraft Demon Hunters are nothing alike, to even say so is absolutely ignorant at this point. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •