View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    90 please. Leveling through pandaland is tedious as is, once this expansion is over with leveling through pandaland will be complete and utter torture. Blizzard has said many times that "linear questing" really hurt cataclysm, but honestly leveling through cata's linear zones is the smoothest leveling bracket right now, at least for me. Leveling through pandaria will be torture once the next expansion comes out, even if they cut the XP in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why have your threads been full of assumptions? Stahp. Demon Hunters might be a class and they might be a hero class. Stop talking like they are 100% coming and are a hero class.
    You pretty much took the words right out of my head. I don't recall having seen an annoucement that Demon Hunters would be a class and I don't particularily care if they ever are.
    If they come to pass, I say hero class @55, non-hero class @1.

Deleted
    If it was, i'd say level 60 if anything. Since that ties in with starting off in Outland.

1 or 55.

1 because it'd be nice to go through the old zones on a fresh class.

55 because hopefully Outland will be getting a revamp soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What level should the hero class Demon Hunters start out as?

Level 55?

Level 65?

Level 75?

Personally I think they should start out as level 65 with some outland related lore surrounding their triumphant emergence into the game. It would make sense as details about the new expansion (burning legion) have been emerging within game.
    I'd prefer we not have another new, pointless class.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Warlocks start at level 1
    First right answer in the thread.

They are already ingame and they start at lvl 1.

There wont be more warlocks class put ingame .. just with a different name.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO they should just delete the Rogue class and replace it with Demon Hunter.

The Rogue class is chronically underpopulated. The only time their population goes up is when they are grossly OPed. The design is messed up too. All 3 specs feel the same and thematically the class is boring.

Demon Hunters are practically Rogues who use demonic magic.

Proof? Illidan in the Well of Eternity heroic dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    First right answer in the thread.

They are already ingame and they start at lvl 1.

There wont be more warlocks class put ingame .. just with a different name.
    LOL. Do Warlocks use war gravies? Do Warlocks have evasion? Do Warlocks blind themselves?

No? Then they aren't Demon Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    This is people thinking if they behave as if something is going to happen, it will, like kids believing in Father Christmas.
    Well people wanted Pandaren and Monks to show up in WoW, and made the demand to Blizzard for years. And now look at MoP- need I say more?

I would love to see Demon Hunters in-game, but I do not want another abomination that is the "hero class" like DKs. It took them forever to nerf the stupid things! Let alone balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Well people wanted Pandaren and Monks to show up in WoW, and made the demand to Blizzard for years. And now look at MoP- need I say more?

I would love to see Demon Hunters in-game, but I do not want another abomination that is the "hero class" like DKs. It took them forever to nerf the stupid things! Let alone balance them.
    if anything pandaren are the biggest support for demon hunters, the people who are saying demon hunters wont happen are the same kind of people who said pandaren would never happen but we would always tell them "as long as pandaren are the most wanted race we will get them at some point when the time is right" and they would just keep saying no no no were probably gonna get naga or ethereal and then BOOM mists of pandaria. so the lesson is, never quit asking for what you want when it comes to races and classes.

also death knights being unbalanced had nothing to do with them being hero classes and everything to do with blizzard trying to let them tank and dps in every tree
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What level should the hero class Demon Hunters start out as?

Level 55?

Level 65?

Level 75?

Personally I think they should start out as level 65 with some outland related lore surrounding their triumphant emergence into the game. It would make sense as details about the new expansion (burning legion) have been emerging within game.
    Negative 200... (if that confused you, then read it as never).

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Wait...did they announce demon hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    lvl 1 , and you have to have max lvl warlock, dk and rogue that will be sacrificed in the process! there , trully hero class.
    oh oh oh I like that idea... and the system creates your demon hunters new name from a random pull of the letters of your former classes (warlock, DK and Rogue).. and they should have a cool cutscene where your three toons explode in fire after they merge and you are left standing there as a level 1 demon hunter.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Level 1 with exp bonus like Monk has, it's enough that levelling is nice and quick while getting rid of the massive wave of people who have no idea what they're doing.

I don't see demon hunters being part of the game, especially not anytime soon however just for the sake of it i'll go with 55.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I'm guessing if they become a Hero class then 55 probably. Makes sense as you go right to Outland after.

55, but remove this 'hero class' title. I also think all classes should start at atleast 70 once you reach 90 on one. The argument for both 'hero classes' and rerollers is "then we'd have people running around unable to play their class" To which my response is: Queue up LFR, random bg, random dungeon or join a pug. You will be extremely LUCKY if atleast 60% of the people you are surrounded by are appropriately gemmed, specced, talented, glyphed and doing the correct rotation.

Rant aside.... 55 and level to 60 or 65 under Illidan in an instanced Shadowmoon Valley, with the 'city' being Black Temple.

next xpack won't have anything to do with burning legion or demon hunters.

Deleted
    They should start at level one. What's the point in levels if some classes gets to skip ahead? Why don't all classes get to? Also I hate the fact that a lot of people pick Death Knight for the sole reason of them starting at 55 rather than 1, if Demon Hunters starts even further ahead we will see a ton of people who roll Demon Hunters when in reality they would have preferred something else.

Going by the amount of utterly retarded DK's in TBC dungeons, I'd say 1, let the kiddies learn their class before other people have to come into contact with them.

Deleted
    IF this happens, I reckon it might be a gated event like DKs. But in Shadowmoon Valley, training under Illidan and Varedis. I would assume 65 in this case but might very well be zone instance for lvl 1.
    So far the only viable races seem to be night elves and blood elves, but since "the lore" states any race can become a demon hunter...well go figure.
    Gonna throw in some ideas I'm getting via brainstorming on the issue:
    Scenario:Lvl65 starter. Shadowmoon Valley gated. Races possible: Night elf, Draenei for Alliance and Blood Elf, Orc for Horde - these are the races one way or another tied to Illidan(discounting demons and naga)
    Inclusion of Draenei and Orcs will have to be knaakified. Blizzard should get FoS for this.
    No pure Draenei and Orcs in service of Illidan-new skins and race color variations incoming?
    DHs traditionally wear very little armor-only cloth and leather-gonna make it hard to justify 4th leather or cloth using class, unless they implement agility cloth(mail still has only 2 classes, but mail DH? Weird.)
    New class would bring total class count to 12-4 classes per each token. Sounds fair.
    DH with similar concept to monk in class design. Maybe even one healer tree, similar to wow mistweaver or WAR Disciple of Khaine.

Went sort of off topic sorry about that.

65. /speculation