View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    If they were implemented level 1 would be good with me, they don't get the special treatment like DKs from my perspective at least lore supports why heroes of the past resurrected get to start at a high level. Demon Hunter wouldn't pass on that logic.
    Actually, given the lore behind how Demon Hunters are trained/how long and hard they train, an argument for a higher level start could make sense if they're not going to have you doing class quests such as "run from one end of the barrens to the other".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    And Blizzard didn't seem to like the concept of a hero class because they haven't said a word about them since Death Knights got nerfed to the level of a normal class. Why would they go back to it?

Because Demon Hunters are a Hero class... logical logic is logical

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Why the hell do you people want demon hunters, ALL their abilities have been given out, their ONLY unique trait atm is that they're BLIND and have WAR GLAIVES.

Just give WAR GLAIVES to melee classes and play with a piece of black cloth over your monitor and you won't need Demon Hunters anymore.
    no, two of their abilities have been given out, also characters in warcraft 3 only had 4 abilities.

people really need to stop manipulating words like half and most because people who have never played warcraft 3 dont realize that when someone says half of somethings abilities what they really mean is 2 abilities
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

You state they are a hero class yet they're not in WoW yet. And you can't go off and say they were in WC3 because so were Paladins.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    And Blizzard didn't seem to like the concept of a hero class because they haven't said a word about them since Death Knights got nerfed to the level of a normal class. Why would they go back to it?
    death knights are very much still a hero class, you cant "nerf" a class to normal class thats not how it works, unless you are implying death knights start in their racial starting zones at lvl 1?

blizzard has said that they will likely add more hero classes in the future but that not all classes added would be hero classes and that it would have to make sense for the lore.

a hero class is a class with its own starting zone that starts at a level higher than 1, demon hunters could start at lvl 2 and have a special starting zone nobody else uses and they would still be considered hero classes
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

I guess if that's how you want your discussion to go I'll leave you to it.

while demon hunters wouldnt have to be a hero class it would make much more sense that way, they belong to secret societies, their rituals are secret, you must undergo special training and rituals to become a demon hunter.

although i guess they could do some of those things in a way similar to the monk zone in kun lai.

either way i want demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Why not level 1?

Maybe ive been soured by the horde of bad Death Knights as Ive entered Outland, but i'd be fine with starting at 1.
    I would have to agree. If we get a new class, it should be level 1. The only reason DKs were 55 was because they were "risen" adventurers. So, until we get another class that requires your body to be "re-used", every new class from now til the end of WoW should start at LvL 1.

Quote Originally Posted by immitis View Post
    no, two of their abilities have been given out, also characters in warcraft 3 only had 4 abilities.

People really need to stop manipulating words like half and most because people who have never played warcraft 3 dont realize that when someone says half of somethings abilities what they really mean is 2 abilities
    metaporphosis - warlocks

evasion - all classes (dodge)

mana burn - shadow priests

immolate - re-branded as caster spell for warlocks

i never used the words half and most i said all. Learn to read. This post was supposed to be in full caps but MMO C like to censor my rage at ignorance and deceit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    while demon hunters wouldnt have to be a hero class it would make much more sense that way, they belong to secret societies, their rituals are secret, you must undergo special training and rituals to become a demon hunter.

although i guess they could do some of those things in a way similar to the monk zone in kun lai.

either way i want demon hunters
    Same could be said about a lot of classes though. Lore wise you don't just pick up a staff and start throwing fireballs, or learn how to summon demons on day one of using magic. I'm sure that harnessign chi requires a great deal of physical and mental training for monks. Paladins used to be an upgraded unit in wc2 and a hero unit in 3, now they start at level 1 despite the fact that becoming one is far from easy. You could say the fame for just about any class, even at level one most classes should have had some prior training before doing what they do.

I'm missing the option 'other'. I don't think any of those choices are any good, but I can't choose anything else. Bad poll.

Should start at lvl 1 dks starting at 55 was a mistake.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Higher as possible.
    Simply cause levelling is a bore.
    You said it man. Personally prefer 85 and im not even trolling.

Deleted
    i think they are implying the starting zone would take place sometime during bc in the timeline before illidan died through phasing. also it would be weird to have their own starting zone but start at level one, if their halfway to beign a hero class they might as well just make them one
    Sounds like a horrible idea if you ask me... So your character would start out during the BC era, which in WoW was quite a few years ago now, then suddenly become several years older the moment you're done and jump to the present?

No.. Just... Just let Demon Hunters start at level 1 like everyone else. It was fine with Monks so it's fine with Demon Hunters.

metaporphosis - warlocks

evasion - all classes (dodge)

mana burn - shadow priests

immolate - re-branded as caster spell for warlocks

i never used the words half and most i said all. Learn to read. This post was supposed to be in full caps but MMO C like to censor my rage at ignorance and deceit.
    meta and immo are the only real spell ingame, evasion is just a slightly higher dodge chance, manaburn isnt ingame.

also i said people, if you look through this thread you will see alot of people throw around the term half, and all, and most as if the heroes in warcraft 3 had abilities like classes in wow.

a class in wow has like what? 50 or so spells and abilities?

one in warcraft 3, 4

also cool it swamp boy, you shouldnt even be in this thread when you quit a long time ago and post on these forums just to spread your hate for pandaren and how you want wow to go free to play

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Sounds like a horrible idea if you ask me... So your character would start out during the BC era, which in WoW was quite a few years ago now, then suddenly become several years older the moment you're done and jump to the present?

No.. Just... Just let Demon Hunters start at level 1 like everyone else. It was fine with Monks so it's fine with Demon Hunters.
    i agree, i would rather they start at lvl 1 or hae a special starting zone in a place like felwood or darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

Ugh, so if they're level 1 they level till 58 then suddenly go back in time and fight Illidan again? Then go back in time and fight Arthas again? By what rules of logic do you live?

Lvl 1 Demon Hunter: I am an elite warrior!

Quest give: "Go kill 10 kobolds"

DH: kay:.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Same could be said about a lot of classes though. Lore wise you don't just pick up a staff and start throwing fireballs, or learn how to summon demons on day one of using magic. I'm sure that harnessign chi requires a great deal of physical and mental training for monks. Paladins used to be an upgraded unit in wc2 and a hero unit in 3, now they start at level 1 despite the fact that becoming one is far from easy. You could say the fame for just about any class, even at level one most classes should have had some prior training before doing what they do.
    id say paladins are really the only ones that would fit the description, sure it takes work but warlocks, mages, monks there still relatively common things, anyone can pick up a book on magic or martial arts and slowly become what they want through trial and error but the demon hunter rituals must be taught and given by another demon hunter and they keep the scrolls to learn how to become one secret so you cant just go out and find one

10+ Year Old Account
    75... only bcoz I really don't wanna go through northrend AGAIN.....

Also the only reason Monk wasn't a hero class was because thye added the pandaren racewith their own starting zone so why waste even more resources to make an additional starting zone for monks separate from the pandaren starting zone...

Ugh, so if they're level 1 they level till 58 then suddenly go back in time and fight Illidan again? Then go back in time and fight Arthas again? By what rules of logic do you live?

Lvl 1 Demon Hunter: I am an elite warrior!

Quest give: "Go kill 10 kobolds"

DH: kay:.jpg
    easy fix, add bronze dragons to the dark portal and northrend ships

a lot of bullshit because this Pokemon has nothing logical to counter with
    So what I'm not allowed to post opinions now because I have to be afraid you'll inspect my previous posts? That's like telling me I can't vote for a political party after 4 years because I didn't vote for it 4 years ago. Piss off.