View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I just explained what Hero Class means like 2-3 pages ago.... but ppl apparently don't bother reading what other ppl say...

I'll say it again in summary: A hero class is exactly like a normal class except that they have a Background story... and right now only DK's have a Background story...
    and they have their own starting zone and start at a level higher than 1
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm sorry, but why is this blizz fanthread even up? Nothing's been confirmed and some think to make poll's and stuff...?

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    I'm sorry, but why is this blizz fanthread even up? Nothing's been confirmed and some think to make poll's and stuff...?
    changing what level a class starts as could easily be changed, if blizzard is making a demon hunter class and they see this thread the feedback could help them decide what level to make them start as if they go the hero class route
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and they have their own starting zone and start at a level higher than 1
    Well considering blizzard has only one hero class, they wouldn't have to do something exactly like dks if the implemented another one. For WoW, I think really the only thing that would be essential is they have their own starting zone to start the story, rather than starting in a racial zone. They could easily do that and start at 1 if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I guess if that's how you want your discussion to go I'll leave you to it.
    Then stop speaking as if everything you say is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Well considering blizzard has only one hero class, they wouldn't have to do something exactly like dks if the implemented another one. For WoW, I think really the only thing that would be essential is they have their own starting zone to start the story, rather than starting in a racial zone. They could easily do that and start at 1 if they wanted to.
    i agree im just saying what blizzard said when they had to clarify what a hero class was when everyone was confused and thought it meant best class

Deleted
    What's with all the Demon Hunter class threads popping up lately? Is there something I missed, or is this just pure randomness? Oh well, level 1 should be starting level I guess.

The main thing I dislike about characters starting at above 1 is that it sucks for new players. Sure, it won't affect anyone playing now, but someone new coming into the game that really wants to play a demon hunter or death knight, will find themselves having to level up another class to to unlock the one they want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you dont plan on buying wow again unless its free to play than yes you dont deserve to put in input, people who play the game and plan to continue playing it do because we are the target demographic.

also dont worry you dont need any help to insult your intelligence
    Who are YOU to decide who gets input or not? And insulting folks that dont agree with you is immensely mature. How much crying and moaning will you do when Blizzard decides that there will be no DHs in the next expansion?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    What's with all the Demon Hunter class threads popping up lately? Is there something I missed, or is this just pure randomness? Oh well, level 1 should be starting level I guess.
    its all wrathions fault :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway on second thought I'd kinda like starting as a lvl 1 with a unique "heirloom" set that grants a big boost to xp(somthing like 100% or even more) and changes with spec(and maybe evolves visually as you grow in power, like ever 10 lvls it gets more complex and detailed and awesome).

Like say you start with a blindfold, then you get your warglaives at lvl 10, then at 20 you start tattoing yourself, then at 30 you get more tattos, then at 40 the warglaives change ... something like that...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-25 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Who are YOU to decide who gets input or not? And insulting folks that dont agree with you is immensely mature. How much crying and moaning will you do when Blizzard decides that there will be no DHs in the next expansion?
    none as long as the story is good, you seem to have a personal problem with me

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Anyway on second thought I'd kinda like starting as a lvl 1 with a unique "heirloom" set that grants a big boost to xp(somthing like 100% or even more) and changes with spec(and maybe evolves visually as you grow in power, like ever 10 lvls it gets more complex and detailed and awesome).
    that would be cool

Deleted
    Like it makes any difference, really.
    Abundance of heirlooms, LFG tool and revamped Azeroth make 1-60 leveling a joke, almost completable in one rainy autumn evening.
    I like to start from level 1, it's really nice for my class play skill to start with just 1-2 abilities and gather them on my way to max level.
    Giving me level 75 rogue to play for example, I'd have no clue how do i actually play it because I never played one.

Raised starting level surely is nice profession kickstart for proffesion-only alts. But in the end it barely saves any time looking how rapid first 85 levels are.

same as dk

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say end the questzone at 80, 55 made sense because outland is accessible for 58s and up, and you got the XP for around 3 levels there. lvl 70 being the level cap for TBC would make a bit of sense too, but if you consider that at the start of wrath you started only 15-12 levels behind the previous xpac's levelcap, leaving only 1 xpac's zones to catch up.... 80 would be a good place to start, as you'd have to still do both Cata and MoP's content to catch up. Adding wrath content on top of that, would probably be too much for a hero-class.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Neither. They should start at level 1. No more Hero classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This veered way off topic with a ridiculous personal fight over who had the "right" to even post in the thread.

We don't know if Demon Hunters will ever be added. There are no signs and this is just speculation with nothing really to discuss, as pages of off-topic posting suggests.