Kanrathad Ebonloke

Can we see him nerfed already.... Been on this quest for a little over a month I know the mechanics,macros,tricks and tips..... still can't take his green self out. I WANTS MEH GREEN FIRE!!!!

Heard it's pretty face roll when your item level is 510-522

Before that, its all about mechanics.

Someone did this quest in item level 476 I believe, if not lower and killed him.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I'm setting at a 492 ilvl fully gemmed chanted and reforged.... and he keeps owning my face every single time.

If someone in 472 Ilvl can do it then it's something you're doing wrong.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If it was so easy you'd see alot more ...green around so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine did it with a 485 ilvl. If you cant take the time to actually gear up and try to defeat something, you eaither need to get better or dont deserve the kill.
    Not everything needs to be freaking faceroll fest, especially something that is cosmetic. Get better gear or fix your strats because its clearly not working. Asking for nerfs, its actually kind of sad.

Fair enough, I don't mind being told i'm doing something wrong... but the fact is that I'm not. I know the strats inside and out... and am geared enough to do it. Simply put I just can't and I know i'm not the only one who is having issues with it.

Deleted
    It's supposed to be difficult. Completing this quest provides absolutely no advantage for your DPS capabilities as warlock.
    It's about skill and prestige only, granting you a reward that other people recognize but it doesnt automatically make you a better player than standard "red" fire warlock.

I'm glad that this quest is demanding and not every son and their mother can complete it. And 492 ilevel is pretty low for today standards, if you raided normal mode in T14 (with upgrades) you'd be at least 500 plus whatever gear you got from TOT or valor. My main (12/12 normal hunter) is 519 atm, warlock alt is 494, acquired entirely from valor, raid finder and two T14 instance runs with pugs. Heck, the warlock is just 4 weeks old 90, from March 26th ding to 494 ilevel almost solely via LFG and valor (and gold for crafts)

Gather some more gear, perhaps wait for 5.3 ilevel upgrades coming back, do some normal/heroic raiding, come back with 510 ilvl and see how you fare.
    For me going back to brawler's guild rank 7 bosses after 3 months (+20 ilevels) was like a joke, dps checks were literally shattered by gigantic power gain from gear.

I'm on a fairly dead server and playing with a small group of friends. Not the hardcore raider i used to be Esubane. If I was no worries... but things happen.

the hardest part is just executing the felhunter phase, after that it's a breeze.
    dropped after 25 attempts

Deleted
    i did this with 480ilvl. why nerf it? its Suppose to be hard

Quote Originally Posted by Zerxis View Post
    I'm setting at a 492 ilvl fully gemmed chanted and reforged.... and he keeps owning my face every single time.
    I did it at I think that exact item level. It is a fun, challenging fight. It doesn't need to be nerfed.

I did it with a 486 ilvl. Took me about 2 weeks of tweaking rotations and about 3k in repairs, but I finally got him. The devs have already said on Twitter that its supposed to be a extremely difficult fight, that ToT gear would help, and that there would only possibly be nerfs to the fight "one day". So, it is what is *shrugs*

Edit: My avi is a pic of the kill, and below is a link for a better view. It looks like I'm shitting on Kan's face. Because in my mind I was. So there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3on22n4ju1...een%20Fire.png
    Last edited by Roujeaux; 2013-04-25 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added additional text and pic

Quote Originally Posted by Zerxis View Post
    Fair enough, I don't mind being told i'm doing something wrong... but the fact is that I'm not. I know the strats inside and out... and am geared enough to do it. Simply put I just can't and I know i'm not the only one who is having issues with it.
    Maybe your rotation is just off, your dps is slacking? If not, then you have to be doing something wrong strat wise. People at lower ilvl getting it down means it's definitely in some part of your execution
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

It's all bout mechanics, you have to be doing something wrong in order to be getting roflstomped by him. What spec are you using? Are you using the demonic gateway to drop threat often? Are you using the Pit Lord correctly, and moving him so your enslave demon doesn't get interrupted by the felhounds? There's something you not doing right.

I've done the fight and too have failed but I know what my problem is, I'm just not well versed on the art of the Warlock and need to improve. Keep trying.
    Last edited by Deatheryn; 2013-04-25 at 08:12 PM.

My warlock friend killed him in ilvl 476 pvp honor gear. It took him 3 nights of trying, but he did it. It's about mechanics. He watched the videos and followed the recommended strats. So I know it IS possible without a huge ilvl.

Not trying to downplay you here, but if you've been trying for a month w/ no success, I have to ask: do you keybind? are you following the strat videos? do you know how all your abilities work?

I got the book on my warlock alt but have not attempted yet so I can't offer any particular strategies.

There are a ton of threads in the Warlock forum on this topic already. This being the main one, but the OP of that topic also has links to a few others.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions