Thread: Redirect

  1. #1

    Redirect

    Can anyone clarify exactly how redirect works. I'm obviously familiar with the basics, but I'm having some discrepancies with it's use. Mageara, Iron Qon and Twin consorts have all at some point shown some oddities when attempting to redirect between 2 targets, namely the combo points just disappear. Mageara seems to be a good example of this but it's not consistently reproduceable, and all heads act similarly.

    Is this a known bug? Is anyone else experiencing it? It's not a major problem but it certainly throws you off slightly if you're planning ahead.

  2. #2
    I'm not playing the rogue this tier, so i never experienced this issue - what i can confirm is that redirect works perfectly fine outside ToT.

    The only thing that comes to my mind is that Maegara heads are actually parts of a single boss so maybe there is some issues involving this. But for the other bosses i'm clueless.

    Need more feedback about this to see if it's actually a bug (but it sounds like one).

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm not playing the rogue this tier, so i never experienced this issue - what i can confirm is that redirect works perfectly fine outside ToT.

    The only thing that comes to my mind is that Maegara heads are actually parts of a single boss so maybe there is some issues involving this. But for the other bosses i'm clueless.

    Need more feedback about this to see if it's actually a bug (but it sounds like one).
    It's just the inconsistency above anything else. I would understand, with mageara, if the head retracts and my CP are lost. When it does it half the time I have to wonder...

  4. #4
    The heads despawn, causing you to lose combo points if you're not fast enough.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The heads despawn, causing you to lose combo points if you're not fast enough.
    Than it must be buggy. I've always redirected after the new head appears, i.e. 4-5 CPS on green, heads disappear, walk over to new spot, blue appears, redirect.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Than it must be buggy. I've always redirected after the new head appears, i.e. 4-5 CPS on green, heads disappear, walk over to new spot, blue appears, redirect.
    Ok, but the CP you stored in the head dying (green this time) will be lost when the head despawns. It's the same when some wuest mobs disappear as soon as you kill them, and you cannot redirect because the CP on them are lost.

    Don't know if i understood correctly the situation.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, but the CP you stored in the head dying (green this time) will be lost when the head despawns. It's the same when some wuest mobs disappear as soon as you kill them, and you cannot redirect because the CP on them are lost.

    Don't know if i understood correctly the situation.
    Well in any case, redirect would be useless in that fight then. If you redirect before the had despawns you can put a few seconds of rupture on the new head before it despawns and you lose the rupture.

  8. #8
    On Megaera it's random when you can and can not use Redirect after a head submerges, it's safe to say that you should not energy starve yourself to be able to Redirect the next head since it's random if they disappear or not. For Iron Qon, you can not Redirect from the Quilen, but you can Redirect from Iron Qon to the Quilen even after he becomes untargetable. On Twin Consorts I've only experienced missing combo points after Suen appears once out of 60 attempts. Best bet there would be to Redirect directly after Suen appears.

    Edit: Probably a bug on Megaera and Twin Consorts, might be intended on Iron Qon.

  9. #9
    I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've found inconsistent behaviour in both Megaera and Iron Qon myself - and from what others have posted, it sounds like the same has been observed on Twins.

  10. #10
    Was doing maegera yesterday and I could not redirect my combo points from one head to another head. All other weeks it have been working fine for me. Looks like there is some kind of bug with redirect on maegera.

  11. #11
    Just killed Heroic Iron Qon for the first time last night, and I had a much harder time redirecting than on normal. On heroic, the dogs don't die after each phase, they fly away with 25% health. Rarely was I ever able to redirect onto Iron Qon in between dogs, but I could always redirect from Iron Qon to the new dog.

    I think this behavior of a target disappearing, but not actually dying, is causing the bug. It's the same with Megaera. Sometimes you can redirect, sometimes you can't.

    Even a dead target can still have combo points on them, but once something becomes untargetable due to some mechanic, Redirect seems to freak out.

  12. #12
    Insert comment here about how redirect bugs wouldn't be an issue if rogues had combo points on themselves like paladins and monks and destro locks and shadow priests

  13. #13
    Mechagnome -Raer-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    610
    I've only noticed this on Magaera. Iron Qon and Twins it seemed to work fine last week.

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Vanthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ol US of A
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    I've only noticed this on Magaera. Iron Qon and Twins it seemed to work fine last week.
    This. The first couple weeks, I had zero issues redirecting on Magaera, but last week was the very first week that my Combo Points were being lost somewhere during the transition to the new head. I have not experienced any issues on Iron Qon or Twins though.

  15. #15
    Unfortunately this isn't really a new issue. There are a number of fights'mechanics where defeating an enemy does not count as 'killing' it and thus any combo points left on the mob are lost.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Unfortunately this isn't really a new issue. There are a number of fights'mechanics where defeating an enemy does not count as 'killing' it and thus any combo points left on the mob are lost.
    You miss the point. If this was true, the heads would always demonstrate this behavior which is acceptable. It's the HUGE inconsistency. If I knew CP would be lost, I would dump them into a final envenom, otherwise I would redirect them and rupture.

    I'm trying to be the best player I can, even if the DPS gains aren't massive, but blizzard aren't helping here. Either stick to the chi method or fix the system.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    You miss the point. If this was true, the heads would always demonstrate this behavior which is acceptable. It's the HUGE inconsistency. If I knew CP would be lost, I would dump them into a final envenom, otherwise I would redirect them and rupture.

    I'm trying to be the best player I can, even if the DPS gains aren't massive, but blizzard aren't helping here. Either stick to the chi method or fix the system.
    Its not an inconsistency with redirect - its the heads. For as long as I remember, if something despawns rather than dies, the combo points are lost.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its not an inconsistency with redirect - its the heads. For as long as I remember, if something despawns rather than dies, the combo points are lost.
    Then they need to fix that. The same principles apply, decide whether it's a despawn or a death and fix the system. The class has issues enough with target swapping, why is it such a problem for them to fix it :S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •