Deleted

Our assassination rogue on Horridon

Could our assassination rogue be doing more DPS on Horridon? Here are tonight's logs (if you notice anything else amiss feel free to point them out), here's his armory too.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cnful/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...ses&boss=68476

I would be more concerned that he was often the first to die (hard to do as a rogue) than I would be about his damage. The rogue shouldn't be your highest dps on this fight, except maybe once you get to the final burn phase. Also, given his weapons, he's probably behind the gear curve a bit.

Oh, and don't use Crimson Tempest. Pretty much any other finisher would be better in an AOE situation.

From EJ:

"Multi-Target

This is still up for debate, the current idea is to use Fan of Knives as your CP buildier while maintaining a number of ruptures (possibly 3 CP) on 3 targets, use Envenom to burn your CP's mid rupture maintenance."
    Last edited by Shimitsu; 2013-04-24 at 11:28 PM.

Just took a quick look at epeenbot for comparison to your rogue's performance on other fights, specifically Horridon 10N. While he has some good and some not-so-good parses in general, it looks like he knows how to do well enough on the Horridon encounter - your logs, however, from the other night show that he isn't getting much uptime on the actual boss, which really hurts his dps (and your enrage chances) in the long run.

Other thoughts: Considering he has his 4-piece, his burst could be bigger - is he prepotting?; considering he has his 2-piece, his envenom uptime could be 10-15% better easily. If he isn't already doing so, he should be applying ruptures to the boss during any downtime, including during add phases, and using his cds (esp. Vendetta) on transitions between doors (that is, unless you are having trouble with a particular set of adds - I, for example, usually need to save shadow blades for door 2 priests). Most of your logs show that he is only using his CDs (so far) once per attempt. A few attempts, he died to incidental damage - other than healthstones, may I recommend trying Cheat Death, at least until you guys get progress farther into the fight? I noticed he's using Marked for Death as his 90 talent; personally, I've found anticipation to be way simpler and more useful. Lastly, he's missing a ring enchant.

Deleted
    it seems he has his glyphs and talents specialized for this boss. some of it makes sense to me, some of it doesnt. I dont think he should use leeching poison, the dmg comes mostly in spikes so I recommend the feint talent to deal with the aoe of horridon and jalak. use mind numbing poison, its pretty good for the last gate when he has to deal with the flame guys. He left out vendetta glyph which is his only real dps gain from glyphs. I'd still use, it. Burn all cds on the pull and then again at any phase where your raid has trouble (I personally use my cds again at the 3rd gate to burst down the first of the 3 big adds that cast the ice sphere). He seems to do ok overall but I guess you give him a lot of assignments during the raid? I myself am in that position, I take on a specific job at each and every gate and have very little uptime on the boss and therefore my dps is lacking but we still kill the adds and defeat the boss efficiently because our ranged dps can relax a bit more.

Only thing I can say is he multidotting rupture on the boss and main kill targets if so then theres really nothing much more....

I usually focus boss till first adds come out refresh rupture on boss then redirect a rupture onto the main kill target and so on and so on.... then make sure I keep attackn the boss in between gates...

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Only thing I can say is he multidotting rupture on the boss and main kill targets if so then theres really nothing much more....

I usually focus boss till first adds come out refresh rupture on boss then redirect a rupture onto the main kill target and so on and so on.... then make sure I keep attackn the boss in between gates...
    This, venemous vim is insane damage and the energy gains are strong. Just throw 3-5 CP ruptures on every add you see, including horridon. I was top 10 before we even started on horridon (heroic) and then you can execute away. The key here is poisons and rupture through and through

Tell him/her if they want better number parses to start falling in love with Rupture, get it up on literally everything he can find, if it dies quickly it's too troublesome since you get a lot of energy back.

With 4pc T15, I just tab around, do a mutilate then rupture, trying to maintain a 5 cp rupture on Horridon if I can - insane energy regen and poison damage.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

just tank the boss near the gate gather at the side of horridon if someone gets charged the person should run out of the camp this way your rogue should be able to fok all day long while doing damage to horridon thats what i did at least ultidotting is an option too. like others say dont use CT keep multidotting also he might consider MfD for this fight
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}