10+ Year Old Account

Fastest way to level with R.A.F?

What would be the fastest way to level with 2 characters with raf? Just doing instances or quests? Or will having a 90 run them thru instances work better? I havent done started at level 1 in awhile now nor done raf.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

From what I've found just make sure to have a tank for instant queues and chain dungeons, with quests and the bonus at the end it's easy to get 2-3 levels per dungeon all the way up to like 50 at least. Goes very very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    What would be the fastest way to level with 2 characters with raf? Just doing instances or quests? Or will having a 90 run them thru instances work better? I havent done started at level 1 in awhile now nor done raf.
    What I've done in the past (from my experience as I have a friend who rafs about every 4-5 months) is this. Note this is all Horde Side.

1) He levels his toons to 15 so that they can enter majority of the dungeons and pickup the quests
    2) Run RFC and with the new quests giving a huge chunk of XP gives a good amount of levels.
    3) Next we'll do Deadmines followed up by Shadowfang Keep.
    4) If high enough for SM quests then we head there, otherwise run SFK again for another level
    5) Then we do SM a few times
    6) Followed by ZF/RFK/RFD
    7) Then ST / BRD / LBRS / UBRS
    8) Head to Hellfire ramps at about 59, 60 is more preferrable as it'll help transition to Northrend with only doing the dungeons once
    9) After Ramps go Blood Furnace -> Slave Pens -> Underbog -> Ring of Blood -> Mana Tombs -> Sethek Halls -> Shadow Labs (You could do crypts before tombs, I just find it not worth the time)
    10) Should be about 69/70 at this point. 70 is a lot more preferrable as the transition from Nexus to AN is easier since the quests require 73 instead of 72.
    11) Go UK -> Nexus -> AN -> OK -> DTK -> Ampitheater -> Gundrak -> (You can do VH here if you want, but again I don't find the time worth it) -> Halls of Lightning -> Halls of Stone (I prefer going to UK, it's less of a pain and a few more quests)

Doing all that should net you 80 within 3 days of playing for about 4-6 hours each time. Think usually we end up hitting 80 in about 20 hours of /played time.

The main thing is to make sure you are in a guild with at least +10% XP boost as it's a big help. If you have heirlooms following the above will go perfectly smooth. Otherwise without heirlooms you'll have to run a few dungeons over and over for levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    And all of that is done with the lfd tool or having a 90 run you?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    Having done raf 3 times previously I can attest that instances are by far the fastest way to lvl. Trying to lvl by questing you out lvl the zones so fast youll be spending most of your time running around. One of ye queue as a tank and youll have instant queues all the way.

The larger the difference in levels between characters, the less XP the low level one will get. Even a 10 lvl difference already makes it a very bad idea, let alone a 60 lvl one.

Probably with a 90 with them. Their list is similar to the pattern I follow, but I prefer to chain clear BC dungeons that are easy to get in/out of, save the quests til they ding 70 which boost you well into Northrend so you don't have to do as much there. Botanica is really fast clear for a lot of XP and the exit is by the final boss which isn't the case with a lot of BC dungeons.

Also helps to have a group of 5 if possible as group bonus adds a lot of XP. (usually i make RAF alts with a friend so we have 4 low levels and a max level char).

Whatever you lose to level difference you gain back in speed.

I got to 15 questing then to 24 in 2 dungeons with no BoAs with RaF. Just make sure your partner is near you at ALL times. Took 4 hours then we just fudged around with proffs a lil. If you havent capped a toon with a friend by your side you haven't truly enjoyed the game IMO.
    Last edited by bleh bleh 420 bleh; 2013-04-25 at 02:43 AM.

Sorry it was me (90 Ret) running my friend through. I had that in there to start with, but apparently deleted it when I was editing it around lol.