Poll: Will 1.0.8 bring you back/keep you playing?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will 1.0.8 Be Enough? (Plus Changes I'd Like To See)

I like the changes I'm seeing in 1.0.8 so far, but will it be enough to:

1 - Bring back a lot of those 12 million+ people who initially purchased the game? I like the changes but they seem to be moving at a snails pace just to implement band-aids to a game. It's a start that they realize some things need changing and they're actively listening to feedback now but will this be enough for the mean time?

2 - Keep you playing until 1.0.9 or 1.1?

For those who have no idea what 1.0.8 is bringing, here's a short run down.

- Mob Density is being greatly improved in all of the acts in areas that desperately needed it. Hopefully now we won't spend all day running The Breached Keep and Heart of Sin.

- Co-Op games are getting a buff as you'll get 10% extra gold find, magic find and experience per player in them up to a total of 30% extra gf/mf/xp. This stacks with other effects (even shrines). Also, the HP of mobs in co-op games are getting a reduction as well.

- FINALLY, AH Tooltips will be here so you don't have to spend all your time doing "test" and joining a game just to see if you found an upgrade.

Changes I'd Like To See:

- Monster affixes could use a re-work. I was never a huge fan of having absolutely no control over something (ahem, WoW PvP...) In Diablo 3, you have mobs that can wall you in and drop plague on you + molten or any other nasty affix. My all time hatred goes out to Nightmarish though... I hate.. hate.. HATE being feared. It's one of my pet peeves in WoW as well.

How I would change them is to allow the player more control and avoidance over these effects.

Wallers: Walls should have HP. We can smash tables in two, kick in doors, smash buildings, slay giant monsters but our heroes are incapable of smashing a 5 foot wall? What is this wall made of..?

Jailers: I'd like to see the mechanic behind this change to like a bone cage. The cage has HP that can be broken.

Nightmarish: Perhaps the mob could use a special swing or a warm up before getting feared. Just being feared is infuriating.

- Item Itemization as we know just plain sucks. Especially for new players who finally find their first legendary. YES! MY first Legendary! Then you go onto roll it and it turns out to be a 2h Dexterity/Intelligence Axe with Gold Find.

Not every item has to be a Godly item, but relevant stats would be nice. It's much more exciting knowing that an item will have relevant stats (even if it's worse than what you currently have). The market is so messed up and caters to two types of people at the moment:

RMAH - People who have used the RMAH to buy heaps of gold or flip a profit.
    Luck - People who have just been plain lucky to find some Godly item and now have more gold than they know what to do with.

Finding a great item shouldn't be like winning a lottery, it should be exciting and your first thought shouldn't be "finally, something that'll sell for a ton on the Auction House!"

- More events would be nice as well. Running into random events are cool and there are plenty of survivors out there as we venture through the world. One thing I would like to see is events that actually require travelling instead of every event being right at their foot, usually ending with some purple mob.

I've already returned to playing just from excitement for 1.0.8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Good changes are good. I'm still playing the game because the gameplay itself is the best I've seen as an ARPG.

Itemization still suffers as a byproduct of stat and skill mechanics: Everything can crit, all based purely on Weapon Dmg, stats are simplified and character isolated This unfortunately will need one hell of an overhaul to fix.

Hi All
    my wish is voice talk to friends during game
    Regards D

Deleted
    Well I must admit, i started playing d3 again about 2 weeks ago after not having played since about 1 month after games release, the current game i find absolutely fantastic, there is so much to do now with paragon leveling, hellfire ring, farming leroics signets for HUGE gold(ive made 103 million off these alone) and monks have been seriously buffed which makes the overall game play very enjoyable. D3 seriously lacked stuff to do at endgame but now i find im flooded with things to do, its great and the game really feels like its captured the spirit of d2 lod so i think 1.0.8 will be good and if people havent tried d3 lately i would say its WELL worth having a playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Hi All
    my wish is voice talk to friends during game
    Regards D
    Blizzard already tried Voice Chat in WoW.

It failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    1.0.8 basically improves co-op and XP gains. It's a welcome addition, but nothing life changing.

This patch doesn't have enough to keep me interested. All I see is a good opportunity to gain some more paragon levels. I guess I'll do that the first few days as the patch comes out and then I'll continue to ignore the game until 1.0.9. Yeah, I want to see some actual itemization changes. Something major to play for.

I voted: Do people still play this game? Because yeah, I wonder why people still play this game. I bought it, beat it, then beat it on Inferno then quit because after farming for hours and hours with nothing to show for it I thought why the hell am I doing this, it's stupid.

Looking at all the changes still won't tempt me to come back because it's the same problem as before, random loot drops that make no sense. If I'm running Inferno, which requires max level I shouldn't get item drops 4 levels below my level. Worst design idea ever. I get that the game can't just throw good items at you but that is just dumb. So are items with stats that make no sense, like strength and intellect on one item.

The AH tooltip thing should have been in game since release. The fact that it's taken this long is just mind-boggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn near my entire friends list has returned to D3 in the past month. D3 is getting much better. If they do items right in .09, we could see millions return.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Damn near my entire friends list has returned to D3 in the past month. D3 is getting much better. If they do items right in .09, we could see millions return.
    Mine are still gone and laughing at me whenever I login in that game -.-

Ill probably reinstall, play an hour and uninstall again. After seeing travis day im thinking jay wilson had no choice in this games direction. They changed his engine so it would be console friendly and made him put in the the AH to beta test for their f2p titan.

I'm playing D3 every new patch that comes out - the only thing i'm looking for is a reasonable way to play it and have fun without using the AH.

Getting blocked at act3 because of no good gear dropped so no loot nor gold from ah to get gear was utterly bullsh**. Now with the MP system and everything else the game is becoming better - to be honest is becoming how it should have been. A couple of friends are playing with me, so we're just having fun.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm waiting for 1.08 to drop and draw some people back to check it out so I can cash out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Honestly still not enough for me, I can see where they are coming from with these little fixes but until they actually sort out the items instead of just talk about it every patch the game still lacks too much for me, more mob density, fine, still means bags and bags of useless loot. more xp in multiplayer, oooooh more xp = more para lvl = more useless loot.

Just seems strange to me, it was clear that items were in need of work since release and every patch then, they are just dragging it out to the xpac to get more money from people as they know if they release the xpac with items fixed people will buy it

sounds pissy I know but D3 was probably the most dissapointed I have ever been in a game, not because of the gameplay but because of blizzards attitude towards the cash cow
    Whoops, sig too big

Will it be enough to bring them back? Did you look at the population of this forum? 15 users? I can't be sure but if that's any representation of the enthusiasm for this game, no 1.08 will not be enough.

1.0.8 Is not enough for me. I've tasted Path of Exile and I cannot go back until D3 comes out with something that in my eyes puts it on the level of PoE. Because right now it's not even fucking close to me. It's like comparing a burnt and boiled steak to a perfect restaurant style medium rare steak. It's worlds apart.

They would at least have to raise the drop rate of useful items to my champion before I return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You don't get second chances to make a first impression. Those millions won't return.

Blizzard should be happy when even a couple of million people play the expansion. I think of the 12 million people who bought Diablo 3 only about 10-20% will buy the expansion. Yeah, I honestly think Blizzard made that bad an impression.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until itemization is sensical and loot is unique/fun again, no. Nothing can make the game worthwhile. In all my time playing I found exactly one item that sold for millions of gold and I used it to 'kinda' upgrade my character because of how expensive it was to see an increase in my capabilities. The only thing that looks to be changing is that I can slog through a different backdrop while I still farm for garbage loot and so little gold it may as well not drop.

I'd rather play all the new classes, features, and game modes that come with TL2 with its mod support than to play this game right now. I would probably foolishly buy the expansion IF it added a new class that intrigued me (druid *cough*). Otherwise the loot and AH are the biggest problems that get talked about, but never rectified.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    They would at least have to raise the drop rate of useful items to my champion before I return.
    The drop rate is fine just 99% of them are fucking worthless to fix this they have to do the itemization asap but that's like what 10 months?

Lol'd