Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

476 Belt 200g, Neck 1250 Valor, Rejected for normal MSV because not 496, Priceless!

476 Belt from Kirin Tor ---------> 200g
    522 Neck from Shadow Pan -----> 1250 valor
    Getting rejected from a pug normal MSV because your item level is only 490, and not 496 -----> Priceless.

For some things like common sense and logic, money cant buy, for everything else, theres mastercard.

I think its just laughable that people looking for pugs in trade set their standards so high for old content.

Old content is old bro. *Jaylock links Ahead of the Curve: Will of the Emp, Ahead of the Curve: Empress, Ahead of the Curve: Sha of Fear*

*Jaylock also links: Ahead of the Curve: Lei Shen*

Why not make your own group instead of crying about other people's restrictions?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you don't like it, feel free to make your own raid group. If someone is making a raid group, they are more than welcome to set a minimum ilvl requirement.

QQing about it just makes you look like a fool.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Start your own pugs and make your own rules if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny when people start calling me a fool for thinking normal MSV item level standards are ridiculously too high (when the fool in trade chat set it at 496, when gear is only 489 there).

Dont you? lol

Pugs with dumb requirements? You must be new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its funny when people start calling me a fool for thinking normal MSV item level standards are ridiculously too high (when the fool in trade chat set it at 496, when gear is only 489 there).

Dont you? lol
    No, they're calling you a fool because you can just as easily do it yourself and not qq about it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yes, that is idiotic, even if these people with their senseless grudges would rather attack you than acknowledge it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    If you don't like it, feel free to make your own raid group. If someone is making a raid group, they are more than welcome to set a minimum ilvl requirement.

QQing about it just makes you look like a fool.
    I don't think so actually. This is pretty much the first and probably only time that I'll ever agree with Jaylock, but requiring 496 to run MSV is amazingly foolish. Of course that's to be expected with the WoW community as back in WLK before the dungeon finder tool people wanted 10-man raid gear for heroic 5-man pugs, soooo.

On the other hand making a thread about it ... ehhhh. Probably better to just place the person on ignore in-game so you don't see their silly spam about requiring a higher ilevel than the raid in question provides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, they're calling you a fool because you can just as easily do it yourself and not qq about it.
    Hey look, we have a badass over here....

I could understand the requirement if the raid was being advertised as an Elegon mount run. Barring that it's just silly. Those are the same people who don't invite 88s or 89s to Sha /Galleon raids. Or the 70 rogue who runs Black Temple and recruits "90s only."

This is one of the annoying things about the game to me. Why would anyone with a 496 ilevel run normal MSV for 489 loot. The whole point of old content is to allow newer toons to gear up so they can do new content. I cleared normal mode MSV in probably a 470 ilevel...maybe a little higher. If you can link achievements (especially for Lei Shen or any heroic modes for MSV), any intelligent human being should allow you in with a 470 or 475 ilevel.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think so actually. This is pretty much the first and probably only time that I'll ever agree with Jaylock, but requiring 496 to run MSV is amazingly foolish. Of course that's to be expected with the WoW community as back in WLK before the dungeon finder tool people wanted 10-man raid gear for heroic 5-man pugs, soooo.

On the other hand making a thread about it ... ehhhh. Probably better to just place the person on ignore in-game so you don't see their silly spam about requiring a higher ilevel than the raid in question provides.
    Requiring 496 to run MSV just means that someone doesn't want to put up with typical pug BS and is hoping to compensate with an inflated item level. With some of the pugs I've seen, I can fully understand why someone might do so. Also, it's a great way to quickly get valor and shards (with a 496 item level, you can pretty much assume that no one in the group has any need for loot).

I think it's stupid too, so don't get me wrong. I'm not, however, going to complain about it. If someone wants to get carried/outgear a place for valor/get lots of shards, they are more than welcome to do so. We are more than welcome to not join their group.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    This is one of the annoying things about the game to me. Why would anyone with a 496 ilevel run normal MSV for 489 loot. The whole point of old content is to allow newer toons to gear up so they can do new content. I cleared normal mode MSV in probably a 470 ilevel...maybe a little higher. If you can link achievements (especially for Lei Shen or any heroic modes for MSV), any intelligent human being should allow you in with a 470 or 475 ilevel.
    Some people run MSV for valor and shards. It makes sense that you'd want players to have a high item level if you're not interested in gear.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this isn't new. When Gearscore was still around in WotLK people would ask for 5K+ GS for heroic randoms (being in full ICC 10 gave you around.... 5.5K GS if I remember right) why was stupid. Guess those people are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    You have to realize that sometimes there are other reasons. Considering who the OP is and his reputation around here on the forums when most people see it's one of his threads it could be that he has a bad reputation on his server (whether he knows it or not) and the guy doing the pug was simply giving him a polite reason as to why he didn't want him in his group.

Also, sometimes people get a group together for the Blood Spirits, patterns or one piece of loot or in MSV's case the mount from Elegon and not interested in running it for gear. So with this route they get people above X item level in order to attempt to brute force it so they'll be there for less amount of time than if going in with an undergeared group. Could also be attempting some hard modes if the dps is there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this required a topic why?

Yeah, I noticed this looking at a lot of the raids on open raid. I just want to gear up fresh alts faster than having to do LFR.

My shitty geared alt MW monk who is 486 ilvl (grinded this ilvl in 3 days) and has cleared all of normal ToT can't come to your H MSV run because I'm not 500 ilvl......

Hey, remember when 5.2k+ gear score was required to even do a VoA? good times..
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I feel you, bro.

It's understandable that people don't want to wipe on old content, but when they're asking you to have 7 ilvls higher than the gear that drops in there, not to mention it's been nerfed by 10%, it's hard to imagine what they're thinking (which none of these antagonistic commenters have addressed). Your point still stands, and I don't think anyone can really dispute it.

What is much more sensible is to ask people to link the achieve (or something more exclusive) and have a reasonable ilvl. If I headed up a regular MSV, it'd be to gear up an alt, and I'd want it to be quick and painless (which is what would happen if everyone in the group knew the fights and had reasonable ilvls).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'll start my own raid with black jack and low iLvL

you should follow bender's advices too