Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Why can't they have a Melee spec, a Tanking spec, and a Caster spec?
    maybe even a melee healing specc instead of melee dps (or even both). might make balancing and encounter design easier, if monks aren't the only 'melee healers'.

  2. #42
    It doesn't make sense, you can't just pull a class idea out your ass and shout "but why not?"

    you have to counter for why are they not already in the lore? ie: Monks are trained on Pandaria which we only just discovered and DKs are from the past or some shit?

    as well as making it completely unique otherwise what's the point?

    as well as managing the balance of that class along side the other ... 11? or however many

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    It doesn't make sense, you can't just pull a class idea out your ass and shout "but why not?"

    you have to counter for why are they not already in the lore? ie: Monks are trained on Pandaria which we only just discovered and DKs are from the past or some shit?

    as well as making it completely unique otherwise what's the point?

    as well as managing the balance of that class along side the other ... 11? or however many
    Battle-Mages (Kirin Tor) and Spellbreakers (mostly Belves) are already in the game. Demon Hunters are in there too. You could even say Warden could become a class, along with many others.

    Monks stemmed from Brewmasters mostly, which was the original "class" of Chen Stormstout in W3. People demanded it and Blizzard delivered (albeit a bit late).

  4. #44
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,082
    no just no...

    [This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-04-25 at 12:40 PM.
    Retired.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Battle-Mages (Kirin Tor) and Spellbreakers (mostly Belves) are already in the game. Demon Hunters are in there too. You could even say Warden could become a class, along with many others.

    Monks stemmed from Brewmasters mostly, which was the original "class" of Chen Stormstout in W3. People demanded it and Blizzard delivered (albeit a bit late).
    Yeah but "High king of the Alliance and Horde treaty organisation" could be in the game but it doesn't give a random adventurer (Player) the the right to be/be associated with/or be trained in that role.

    Don't get me wrong, i'm all up for a new class, I just want it to make sense and not just feel 'Thrown in' I feel like the only way a new class could be implemented is if we travel to some new world (Ala Dark Portal style) and encounter beings and ways of life that we've not yet been accustom to. Then obviously some alliance will be formed and we'll be granted the ability to gain training in their ways.

  6. #46
    I play a Holy Paladin and another one on the Int Plate Slot would be great. The droppchance is ridiculous low. ToT not i single item dropped since yet.

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,426
    Seems like a very "meh" idea for a class imo. I'll pass.

  8. #48
    The Patient meloreandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Western Michigan
    Posts
    226
    Well look at the game mechanic wise. They should be atleast different from mages. Just imagine how much QQ people about mages, now we have a Mage class that wears plate.

    I would at-least call them Spellbreakers. Sides better name too.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    How about thats your own opinion? How about yes to battle mages? I like them more than Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter is like a combo between a melee class and a warlock and thats all. It might have lore tied to it but mechanicswise it is already here while battlemages have plenty of ways to go.
    yeah except demon hunters have their own unique thematic style and lore, wheras battle mages woule likely look and play like purple paladins
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  10. #50
    I'm pretty much expecting something like a tinker, it could use mail and be physical ranged without a pet. Doesn't overlap with hunter appearance in the slightest and it's not something that's already covered by the other classes.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a bit more complicated than that. If there are 4 classes using plate, it will imbalance the loot tables. It would especially be bad if you introduce an entire class that wears plate armor when the majority of Plate wearers are STR based.
    But more to the point; why in the world would you introduce a class called Battle Mages when there's already a Mage class in the game? It would sow confusion among new players, and truly add nothing to the game.
    LOL try and answer my question please Teriz. How is it worse having 4 plate classes than having only one intelect plate spec?

    And how would it be bad to introduce an intellect plate class when mostly others use strength? Can anyone explain me that? Am I missing something here?

    Your ONLY point in fact was to call out the name of the class, because that is indeed the real issue right?

    TLDR: You oppose the creation of a battlemage by first using the argument of loot tables being imbalanced without worrying about the intellect plate imbalance which is more dire. Then you even try to make a half assed argument about having another intellect plate would mess the strength plate classes, somehow somewhere w/e.
    Finally, when none of this made sense to you, lol, you came up with the biggest problem of them all, the name overlap! Because you assume, in your tiny perspective scope, that a battlemage is nothing more nothing less than a mage in plate. And your assuming that everyone will think the same if they were implemented which they wouldn't because you can always read the descriptions in the class menu in-game!

  12. #52
    I don't understand why people want demon hunters so bad. Just play a demonology warlock and quit complaining.

    What spells did Demon Hunters use in wc3?
    Mana Burn (Priest Spell)
    Immolation (You can do that as Demo)
    Evasion
    Metamorphosis (THE ENTIRE THEME OF DEMO)

    The entire theme of Demon Hunters is to use demonic energy against their enemies, especially demons, which is what Demonology does. Basically everyone is rooting for a class that would be a ridiculous knock-off demo lock wearing leather. Let's just give them demonic fury too. How about that?

    Admit it, the only reason you want a Demon Hunter class is so you can run around shirtless with warglaives.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    I don't understand why people want demon hunters so bad. Just play a demonology warlock and quit complaining.

    What spells did Demon Hunters use in wc3?
    Mana Burn (Priest Spell)
    Immolation (You can do that as Demo)
    Evasion
    Metamorphosis (THE ENTIRE THEME OF DEMO)

    The entire theme of Demon Hunters is to use demonic energy against their enemies, especially demons, which is what Demonology does. Basically everyone is rooting for a class that would be a ridiculous knock-off demo lock wearing leather. Let's just give them demonic fury too. How about that?

    Admit it, the only reason you want a Demon Hunter class is so you can run around shirtless with warglaives.
    Okay allow me school you about wow and warcraft because you clearly either have no idea what your talking about or just want to play silly for I don't know who's amusement.

    You start by asking how many spells did DH have in WC. Now let me ask you how many did warlocks have in WC. And how many MORE do they have now? My point is that you cannot refer to a class on how it was in WC3 to be its only mold. DH if implemented would come with numerous other spells to make them be a DH and not a warlock.
    But let us clrify your exposed misconception further more.
    -Mana Burn is not in-game so it can be given to DH(i don't even know why u mentioned it)
    -Immolation is indeed a demo spell but no one said that DH couldn't have an altered version of Immolation just like priests and paladins have heals
    -Evasion is a given
    -metamorph is NOT the entire theme of demo locks. It started out back in WTLK and all the way into cata as being a CD not a resource driven ability. Although it is that now, a demo lock still revolves more around summoning demons than becoming one since your dps come mostly from your demons and your ability to effectiveley synergize your spells with your demon's attacks. And even when you go meta you still keep summoning Imps through Doom.
    This leads to the conclusion that metamorph could be taken from Demo locks whilst giving them another suitable ultimate and transferring metamorph to its rightful place with the DH.

    Now, you again fail to make a reasonable statement when you say that demo locks fight demons with demon magic. This is awfully ignorant. All warlocks and demo ones not excluded drain powers from demons to empower themselves into becoming stronger and stronger in a selfish demand for power. Let me explain this to you as if you were a 7 yo. Warlocks like demons, demon hunters don't.

    Now if you are not a 7 yo you should admit that you know nothing about DH nor demo locks which is why you are happy in being a half assed warlock with a knack for metamorph. Far from a DH

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Okay allow me school you about wow and warcraft because you clearly either have no idea what your talking about or just want to play silly for I don't know who's amusement.

    You start by asking how many spells did DH have in WC. Now let me ask you how many did warlocks have in WC. And how many MORE do they have now? My point is that you cannot refer to a class on how it was in WC3 to be its only mold. DH if implemented would come with numerous other spells to make them be a DH and not a warlock.
    But let us clrify your exposed misconception further more.
    -Mana Burn is not in-game so it can be given to DH(i don't even know why u mentioned it)
    -Immolation is indeed a demo spell but no one said that DH couldn't have an altered version of Immolation just like priests and paladins have heals
    -Evasion is a given
    -metamorph is NOT the entire theme of demo locks. It started out back in vanilla and all the way into cata as being a CD not a resource driven ability. Although it is that now, a demo lock still revolves more around summoning demons than becoming one since your dps come mostly from your demons and your ability to effectiveley synergize your spells with your demon's attacks. And even when you go meta you still keep summoning Imps through Doom.
    This leads to the conclusion that metamorph could be taken from Demo locks whilst giving them another suitable ultimate and transferring metamorph to its rightful place with the DH.

    Now, you again fail to make a reasonable statement when you say that demo locks fight demons with demon magic. This is awfully ignorant. All warlocks and demo ones not excluded drain powers from demons to empower themselves into becoming stronger and stronger in a selfish demand for power. Let me explain this to you as if you were a 7 yo. Warlocks like demons, demon hunters don't.

    Now if you are not a 7 yo you should admit that you know nothing about DH nor demo locks which is why you are happy in being a half assed warlock with a knack for metamorph. Far from a DH
    I think Svetlana's point was that they would be TOO similar to warlocks so what's the point?

    Hi im a warlock, I like demons and I can do X,Y and Z spells,
    Hi im a Dhunter, I don't like demons and I can do X,Y and Z spells.
    Last edited by Mr Spock; 2013-04-25 at 03:07 PM. Reason: additions

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,725
    Never. They even have the name of another class in their name. That is a dead giveaway already. :P If classes will ever get to choose a sub class, then magi would definitely get the battle-mage and perhaps archmage too as a choice.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    I think Svetlana's point was that they would be TOO similar to warlocks so what's the point?

    Hi im a warlock, I like demons and I can do X,Y and Z spells,
    Hi im a Dhunter, I don't like demons and I can do X,Y and Z spells.
    Nope, Svetlana's point was exactly those s/he expressed through the post. Saying DH are a knock off of demo locks when in fact its the other way around and blatantly stating that all that people want is to run around shirtless looking like Illidan. I had to call him/her up on that...
    And yh, DH are not like Demo locksno matter how many time you turn them over.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Nope, Svetlana's point was exactly those s/he expressed through the post. Saying DH are a knock off of demo locks when in fact its the other way around and blatantly stating that all that people want is to run around shirtless looking like Illidan. I had to call him/her up on that...
    And yh, DH are not like Demo locksno matter how many time you turn them over.
    Oh I see. I'd try to be more involved i nyour discussion but I don't know anything about DH, I know plenty about warlock lore and history after researching my class because im gay* like that, wanna throw me a brief overview?



    *Northern British insult, not in anyway an insult towards those who are homosexual.

  18. #58
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Okay allow me school you about wow and warcraft because you clearly either have no idea what your talking about or just want to play silly for I don't know who's amusement.

    You start by asking how many spells did DH have in WC. Now let me ask you how many did warlocks have in WC. And how many MORE do they have now? My point is that you cannot refer to a class on how it was in WC3 to be its only mold. DH if implemented would come with numerous other spells to make them be a DH and not a warlock.
    But let us clrify your exposed misconception further more.
    -Mana Burn is not in-game so it can be given to DH(i don't even know why u mentioned it)
    -Immolation is indeed a demo spell but no one said that DH couldn't have an altered version of Immolation just like priests and paladins have heals
    -Evasion is a given
    -metamorph is NOT the entire theme of demo locks. It started out back in vanilla and all the way into cata as being a CD not a resource driven ability. Although it is that now, a demo lock still revolves more around summoning demons than becoming one since your dps come mostly from your demons and your ability to effectiveley synergize your spells with your demon's attacks. And even when you go meta you still keep summoning Imps through Doom.
    This leads to the conclusion that metamorph could be taken from Demo locks whilst giving them another suitable ultimate and transferring metamorph to its rightful place with the DH.

    Now, you again fail to make a reasonable statement when you say that demo locks fight demons with demon magic. This is awfully ignorant. All warlocks and demo ones not excluded drain powers from demons to empower themselves into becoming stronger and stronger in a selfish demand for power. Let me explain this to you as if you were a 7 yo. Warlocks like demons, demon hunters don't.

    Now if you are not a 7 yo you should admit that you know nothing about DH nor demo locks which is why you are happy in being a half assed warlock with a knack for metamorph. Far from a DH
    I sense a lot of narcissism

    I also don't remember Demonology warlocks having Meta through Vanilla or TBC
    Last edited by Nyxxi; 2013-04-25 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  19. #59
    Pit Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,287
    I'll never say it enough times:
    Stop with new classes/races and give us character customization for the next expansion!

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,208
    I'd prefer Runemaster, but anyway Blizz is already having enough trouble with the current class balance, sort that out first and then we can talk about adding new classes.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •