Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Make them account wide. Next.
    Or not have them at all. What purpose do they serve besides slowing people down?

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans Desaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Or not have them at all. What purpose do they serve besides slowing people down?
    The same purpose as levelling

    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle. Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire Feluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bank, Valley of Honor
    Posts
    393
    I like your ideas. Maybe sometimes it is a bit over the top (pay taxes for your house) but overall, sounds like the good old days, where you had to do something, to get something.
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    The same purpose as levelling
    I wouldn't mind not having levels either. Since all the stuff I like to do is at max level anyway. But i guess that would take away from the RPG-ness.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,922
    That is way way way too much grinding, this isn't vanilla wow.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  6. #46
    Divine Intervention for Paladins.

    Whether required or not, quests that give you a reason to do the raids lorewise. I loved the quests behind making the scholomance key, getting the keys for karazhan, the arcatraz, etc.

    More low level class quests. I loved the quest for the brutal armor on my Warrior, and the level 36 quest for the Whirlwind spell/weapon.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    That is way way way too much grinding, this isn't vanilla wow.
    We have more grinding in this expansion than we've had in the last two combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,793
    Your ideas are some of the worst that I have ever seen. I wouldn't play that game if it was what warcraft became.

  9. #49
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like some of the ideas, but I like MMORPGs more than the MMOArcade Games WoW has created.

    I want an MMORPG that makes me feel like I'm playing a character living in a world, not sitting at a computer looking at websites for what gear increases the % crit the most and scheduling what to do in order to maximize my efficiency.
    Go play Guild Wars 2.

  10. #50
    10 and 25 man separate lockout please!

  11. #51
    Rose tinted nostalgia goggles at their finest.

    Here's some truth you Vanilla/TBC glory days fan boys don't like to hear: Vanilla and TBC weren't difficult. They were grind fests: for rep, for mats, for gold, for everything. The entry level tier content we have now would've wrecked guilds back in those days. Barring cases like Illidan, we would steamroll the hardest content that TBC and Vanilla had to offer.

    None of this would make the game hard. None of this is actually difficult. All it does is place ridiculous barriers to the most basic of player conveniences. Flying is not some basic, super special ability that only the most dedicated raiders should get (and hoo boy does this all smack of anti-casual). Its a basic necessity for travel and farming.

    Similarly, guild perks are just that: perks. Small conveniences that you get as a part of being in a guild that make life easier. They're not game changing attributes and its ridiculous to put additional barriers to their access just because you think its going to add to guild loyalty. It's not, because guild hopping isn't an issue. It's never been an issue. It's always existed and its a fact of life in an MMO. In fact, this punishes guilds by punishing recruits with gated perks.
    Last edited by Schaden; 2013-04-25 at 08:28 AM.

  12. #52
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    We have more grinding in this expansion than we've had in the last two combined.
    This is true, but OP's ideas are truly overkill. I mean come on, having to raid just to get flying..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nadileal View Post
    I'm happy i played wow during the golden ages.
    During MoP?

  14. #54
    Dreadlord KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    993
    There is only one thing missing in the OP, I expected "Ground Mounts only available at maximum level." After I took a look at the first two points.

    Absolutely ridicolous.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

  15. #55
    subs would drop like crazy, WoW is all about the casuals without them the game would not be the success it has now. Like it or not but Blizzard goes where the cash is they are still a company wanting to make money.

  16. #56
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,294
    That's more than a little need for grinding. By the time most people even unlocked flying, gathering JP/VP and LFR for one expansion, the next would be out. Assuming subscription numbers hadn't dropped so much so that it was worth even making another expansion.

    I'm sorry, but that is not a game I would want to play.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  17. #57
    I like the ideas. The fact people don't need to do dailies, get exalted, and just autorun through everything is pathetic. People who expect stuff handed to them are going nowhere irl and they will be stuck on a videogame for the rest of their life. LFR I agree needs to be easier than normal for people to learn the fights, but following someone, and getting hit YES should punish you with less chance of loot/debuff or even kicks. All you kids who say I have jobs so I can't spend time grinding. THEN DONT PLAY THE GAME. You idiotic fools! Why talk about how you have a job and are doing something IRL but then become so lazy when it comes to something that has goals and is something people pay for. Wow is at a point where it should be free. The minute they bring back hard diff for dungeons/raids. The scenario where only one person gets an epic a week. Or every other week is back(Vanilla loot). The removal of auto leveling professions, pets.etc. MMO's aren't suppose to be as easy as f*cking sonic the hedgehog. Force all these people who are too lazy to grind, run LFR/heroics, and collect shit to unsubscribe and learn how the real world works. If all you have to do is /follow someone at your job then Your a kid at f*cking 6th grade camp. Get a life, get a job, get a girlfriend. #endrant now

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    This is true, but OP's ideas are truly overkill. I mean come on, having to raid just to get flying..
    This sounds ridiculous now. It would have been fine if it were implemented in late tBC or somewhere in WotLK either where people were already in it for the long haul because no game had shown an easier path (tBC) or because pugging for raids and the raids themselves became so much easier (wotlk).

    There are a lot of things WotLK and tBC did right and Blizzard changed just for the sake of change. Sadly once you have set a precedence for things you can't go back to and older age. Which is why I'm expecting to see massive sub losses by the end of MoP if things keep going the way they are. They attempted to bring back tBC tiering after we've had a taste of WotLK and Cataclysm...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #59
    The Patient Unalorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Lol, what a surprise, people see that the game would require effort and label it as terrible.

    No, subscriptions wouldn't decrease, I guarantee you they would increase actually. Even in BC, there were plenty of people raiding who had lives, I love when people use the "I have a life" excuse as a way to say they shouldn't have to put any effort forth in this game.
    what a surprise, people that got their ideas reject by majority of users at first hand start going on denial.

    The bad thing of your ideas is not the ideas per se, is the attitude, and I praise Blizzard doenst listen to the vocal minority of SS-elitists out there claiming the game is too easy.

    Your attitude is bad because, as is, there is nothing wrong with the game for those that want to put an effort as you claim. Those people will be raiding +14 hours per week, doing heroics, optimizing alts and professions, maximizing valor/week etc. They will be getting rewards way faster than the casual player that, at most, will get LFR loot and a valor item every couple of weeks if so.

    Changing LFR difficult will have 0 impact for those "pro" players. Most of what you suggest is exactly that, stuff that will hurt the casual base of the game with absolutely no impact to game improvement of the minority of hardcore players.

  20. #60
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This sounds ridiculous now. It would have been fine if it were implemented in late tBC or somewhere in WotLK either where people were already in it for the long haul because no game had shown an easier path (tBC) or because pugging for raids and the raids themselves became so much easier (wotlk).

    There are a lot of things WotLK and tBC did right and Blizzard changed just for the sake of change. Sadly once you have set a precedence for things you can't go back to and older age. Which is why I'm expecting to see massive sub losses by the end of MoP if things keep going the way they are. They attempted to bring back tBC tiering after we've had a taste of WotLK and Cataclysm...
    Perhaps, it would have been fine back then, but to re-introduce such things now would kill the game. Hordes would unsub and only the people who have their rose-tinted glasses on will remain.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •