One of the things that's wrong with the community these days is how entitled they are. No one feels that anything should require any effort or work to get what they want. If I had it my way, these are just some of the things I would introduce into the next expansion and bring back.
Truly Heroic Heroics
Challenge Mode dungeons were a nice feature but finding a group for them after the initial launch is kind of a pain. If you don't have friends interested in running them you have to try to pug them... and as usual, people leave after one wipe in most pugs. I would re-introduce the Burning Crusade difficulty. There wouldn't be cloth characters tanking dungeons again and CC would be back on the action bars.
Flying Would Be Worth It
Remember when you got your initial flying for the first time and how much work it was to get epic flying again because not everyone just had the gold sitting around? The epic and long chain in BC was a lot of fun when you look back at it, because you earned it.
In the new expansion, here's how I would handle flying:
- No flying until level cap
- Players must explore every area of every new zone before opening up a quest from the flight trainer
- The quest will send you to various dungeons to collect materials from bosses.
- The materials will form together to create your final quest
- The final quest will send you to various raids to collect body parts/things from bosses that will need to be inscripted into a quest item (Tome of Higher Flying).
- Once all the pieces are collected and the quest is complete, THEN you would use flying.
Looking For Raid
- The difficulty for LFR would be gone, it would share the same difficulty with Normal.
- Players who AFK and consistently get hit by Area effects or ignore boss mechanics would be punished with stacking debuffs and a lesser chance of obtaining loot.
- On the other hand, players who are consistently avoiding Area effects and doing boss mechanics correctly would be rewarded with a higher chance of loot.
- In order to use the Looking For Raid queue, your character must be exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions in the expansion.
The Removal Of Justice/Valor Points
While I like the idea behind this, I think it could use a little re-vamp.
- First, in order to even collect any "points", you would be required to have obtained exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions which would lead to the opening of a chain quest.
- This chain quest will send you all over the world on a massive collecting quest. You will be given a cube that sits in your inventory and you must siphon the souls/essences of monsters and bosses from heroic dungeons.
- The next and final part of the chain will require you to queue up for a solo scenario where all of the souls you have collected from bosses will be released one by one and you must defeat them all. They'll be made easier so that you can defeat them 1v1. Once complete, your cube will be permanently bound to your character and you may now siphon the souls from bosses. It won't require any action on your part once your cube is bound to you, you will automatically get the boss from a soul once you kill it.
- You may then craft gear that would have been considered Justice/Valor points with various crafting materials and materials from raid bosses such as hearts, eyes, etc.
Guild hopping in MoP is a huge problem because of just how easy it is to gain reputation. I know more structured 25 mans and heroic guilds don't have this problem, but with this being so easy, a lot of players don't have any intentions of helping their guild out and usually just join for free perks.
- Access to perks would be based on how much experience you have generated for the guild. It will take a rather significant amount to finally unlock the Level 20-25 perks.
- When you join a guild, your account will be marked as a "trial" internally and if you leave within that 7 day trial, you will receive an invisible account debuff that will not allow you to gain guild reputation or experience for any other guild for 7 days. Being gkicked from a guild will not give you this debuff.
- Players who have this debuff will show up with an icon next to the game in the guild roster that's visible to everyone including the officers/guild masters.
While this feature has been demanded far more than once, I would do it a bit differently than some have suggested.
- It would be instanced and available from Orgrimmar/Stormwind (or wherever the capitols are in future expansions).
- In it would be similar to an Inn room with a bed but leading from the bed would be a "Trophy Room".
- In here would be where all of your current outstanding achievements are placed.
1) You will have a wall of various pieces of armor/parts from final bosses that you have defeated. This will only be view-able for bosses that you defeated while the tier was current and not a tier behind.
2) You will also have a wall that shows all of your gear sets such as Tier sets that you have collected. They will also act as storage for your tier sets where you can easily xmog your gear or equip the gear with the click of a button.
- You can invite friends from your friends list or guildies to your house to show off your trophies/collections.
- You can purchase upgrades for your house as well as a gold sink such as an upgraded bed, accessories, etc. Some of them will provide benefits such as 20% extra rested while sleeping in your bed (at level cap, you'll gain 20% extra reputation and gain rested for reputation gains when you sleep in your upgraded housing bed.)
- You'll additionally have the option to allow 3 of your non combat pets to live in your house which will be visible when you visit.
- However, you're not just going to be given player housing. You see, with a war at hand, resources are short and you'll have to earn your right to own a home so conveniently close to your home city. Your faction leader will send you on a long chain list which includes resource gathering, killing raid bosses and so forth. Then you must pay taxes to keep your home afloat or it will disappear (I'm guessing the Dwarves/Goblins will repo it).
That's just a few of the things I would implement/change in the next expansion and the game in general.