Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Seriously man, I was in highschool when wow came out, became pretty hardcore pvp'r through BC in college and had all the time in the world. Now, almost 10 years later, I have a wife, a son, a full time job and am so happy they "dumbed down" the game because that means I can still enjoy it on my terms.

Those of you saying wow is going away from the loyal players is total bs.

Half of you saying that are probably still teenagers that barely started playing and only read about what wow was like.

I AM WHO BLIZZ IS CATERING TO, The player that has been with the from the beginning, the one that is growing old and has the money to continue supporting them
    Since you obviously edited for my sake, I started playing at the beginning of BC so I am not a teenager that barely started playing. My argument to your final claim is this...

Lets say ten years ago you liked to go to a night club and this one night club called "World of Warcraft" was your favorite place to be. Now lets say over ten years and now with a wife and child you no longer like the things that you always used to like about night clubs... maybe they're too noisy now, not a good family place, too busy.. whatever. So now ten years down the track, you no longer go to the night club called "World of Warcraft" that you used to love, but now you go to a new favorite spot that better reflects what you have grown to like now.

So, is it the World of Warcraft nightclub manager's responsibility to change their club to keep you interested as your interests change? Or is it more reasonable that their nightclub continues to cater to their current target audience and you simply move on instead.

I think the second option is how the real world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Elitism grindfest. Some of us have jobs you know. And this is coming from a hardcore raider from BC and Wrath. This game would empty out like the bar after last call.

Or as Zoidberg would say: "Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad." ZOIDBERG NUMBER 1!
    WotLK and Cataclysm very much reduced the grind. MoP brought a lot of it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Lol, what a surprise, people see that the game would require effort and label it as terrible.

No, subscriptions wouldn't decrease, I guarantee you they would increase actually. Even in BC, there were plenty of people raiding who had lives, I love when people use the "I have a life" excuse as a way to say they shouldn't have to put any effort forth in this game.
    History has proven you wrong. Dungeons got harder in Cata subs dropped VP/JP became dam near useless in MOP and subs still dropped making the game more of a grind fest will not raise subs it will lower them. this is not 2007 this is not 1999 MMO's don't and can't work that way anymore welcome to 2013.

There will not be a increase in subs for awhile there would be no gain only more lost.

This is a fact not a opinion your idea's would put the final nail in wows coffin. as long as blizzard dose not do the things you listed "besides player housing" wow will be around for awhile but as soon as they try those idea's and even a couple of them for a 2nd time wow will be done.

Also a bit of info for you. World Of Warcraft has been the most casual MMO since its release and that is one of the major reasons why it has done so well. you though Vanilla/TBC was a grind play EQ1 and then come back and talk to me about a grind.

Stop trying to turn wow into something it has never been.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-25 at 03:53 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    History has proven you wrong. Dungeons got harder in Cata subs dropped VP/JP became dam near useless in MOP and subs still dropped making the game more of a grind fest will not raise subs it will lower them. this is not 2007 this is not 1999 MMO's don't and can't work that way anymore welcome to 2013.
    correlation does not imply causation

Wow, people really have nostalgia glasses on these days. Do you honestly find grinding for hours on end for a rep, to get into raids is fun? what about vanilla when you needed to kill Onyxia enough times to get everyone a fire resist cloak? that wasn't fun. Sure, it was "prestigious" to have epic gear back then, but you can't honestly say with a straight god damn face that it was fun. Grindy and tedious does not equal fun. People really need to stop smoking the nostalgia pipe. And yeah, i played torwards the middle of vanilla and all of bc. I had fun with friends back then, not the gating and grind.

I do like the housing idea though, but i thought blizzard said they weren't going to be doing that any time soon?
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2013-04-25 at 04:07 AM.

I like some of the ideas, but I like MMORPGs more than the MMOArcade Games WoW has created.

I want an MMORPG that makes me feel like I'm playing a character living in a world, not sitting at a computer looking at websites for what gear increases the % crit the most and scheduling what to do in order to maximize my efficiency.

While I love WoW, and loved early WoW/BC more than current WoW, there are still aspects of EverQuest that just did a better job "living in a fantasy world" than its successors.

People act like that makes the game a grind, but what they are stuck in is the mentality that an MMO is about max level and raiding. Honestly, if an MMO was made that was fun throughout the entire journey rather than focusing on max level, it wouldn't matter how slow/fast you level and progress, there would always be something fun to do when you played.

Lol, what a surprise, people see that the game would require effort and label it as terrible.

No, subscriptions wouldn't decrease, I guarantee you they would increase actually. Even in BC, there were plenty of people raiding who had lives, I love when people use the "I have a life" excuse as a way to say they shouldn't have to put any effort forth in this game.
    I'm all for making the game require more effort, I think at its low end it's a bit too easy. But of course I'm an elitist "complete all heroic modes before the next patch" unique snowflake.

But effort doesn't equal time. Sure, at the very top, when racing for World Firsts, it is a factor. But making the game artificially "hard" by making it take more time isn't really a ramping up of difficulty, but a ramping up of prerequisites. It's like having a Player Owned Starbase in EVE - it takes years to get there. Guess what, EVE has a tenth of the subs that WoW has.

Furthermore, time sinks don't require more skill or effort. They simply just require more time. I didn't think attunements were hard, nor did I think grinding reps to access certain dungeons was hard. It was just a pain in the ass organizing the groups and getting it done.

long grinds does nothing but artificially extend the lifespan of the game, say if a prequisite to entering siege of orgrimmar would be to kill nine million boars ( this a hyperbole ) in elwynn forest it would not be remotely challenging it would just take forever, thus making extending the lifespan of the patch, hell the attunement i remember the most was the kara one and most of it could be soloed as a hunter or anyone with invisibility potions. Granted it took time, the parts that could be soloed were not that challenging. I am truly happy you aren't a dev.

So, OP, what you're saying is that.. because I don't want to schedule my life around this game, I don't deserve a flying mount?

Some people have jobs, or friends, or things they enjoy doing beyond WoW. Who has time for everything you've suggested? I sure as hell don't.

Welcome to the community. Enjoy your stay.

Whats the logic behind exploring an entire zone before allowing the use of a flight path?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing Blizzard tends to hire developers that know what they're doing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Player housing is the idea that needs to die and never come back.

Like, except for about twenty servers in NA, most servers are barren wastelands in the world, and sparsely populated in the cities. A game with 249 NA servers really only has a NA population for like 70.

And you want to add player housing, to further isolate the player base from each other? So that truly, ever man is an island. A guild hall is no better for the same reasons.

The best thing blizzard could do is consolidate servers in a game one fifth the size it was when all these servers were created in Wrath. Everything else is just band aids and window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like some of the ideas, but I like MMORPGs more than the MMOArcade Games WoW has created.

I want an MMORPG that makes me feel like I'm playing a character living in a world, not sitting at a computer looking at websites for what gear increases the % crit the most and scheduling what to do in order to maximize my efficiency.

While I love WoW, and loved early WoW/BC more than current WoW, there are still aspects of EverQuest that just did a better job "living in a fantasy world" than its successors.

People act like that makes the game a grind, but what they are stuck in is the mentality that an MMO is about max level and raiding. Honestly, if an MMO was made that was fun throughout the entire journey rather than focusing on max level, it wouldn't matter how slow/fast you level and progress, there would always be something fun to do when you played.
    Well said.

WoW goes out of its way to offer a convenient, forgiving game setup that never demands that you actually stick with a decision, or that there be consequences to any decision / action. And the game actually suffers for it.

Folks like yourself who were around to play older MMO's know exactly what I'm talking about, I suspect. But the path the game is on now is quite irreversible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old guild friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You came to the wrong site to propose fun game ideas.

OP did you even play in burning crusade? The only heroics that were hard was ones with stupid mechanics such as MC on a tank (looking at you here Auch Crypts). Most only ever did t4 during BC and that tier was easy and required little to succeed (solo tankable for Kara, Mags and even Gruuls if you had a decent soaker for hatefuls, low dps requirements, solo or 2 healed 10mans and 3-4 healed 25mans). I used to farm shattered halls for badges of justice atleast daily - 5 I think it was for about 15mins with t4/t5 geared group. And CC was not needed except possible in magisters terrace at the end, and even then just 1 was normally enough. Yes I did Shattered with a warrior tank with no CC and no Deaths, not hard to burst heal and have a tank who could tab target for threat.

Unless you are talking about the heroics right after release, in which case subs were dropping at that point. They nerfed them because taking 5k hits as a tank meant RNG was needed to survive or you needed to raid to have the gear to do heroics (kara bosses hit weaker than heroic trash at the start of BC).

Flying was not really anything special, gold was easy to make, epic flying was a little more time consuming but still very easy, certainly easier than a ground epic during vanilla.

Attunements were one of the biggest hatreds in BC when it came to competitive raiding, you want to bring them back and expect it to make more people play? Imagine also doing it on 5+ Characters, or even 11. Leveling to the new cap + prof is bad enough for people with lots of toons, rep and attunement grinds will make many quit.

id bring back regrowth and lifebloom to boomkins and volley and eyes of the beast to hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Attunements were one of the biggest hatreds in BC when it came to competitive raiding, you want to bring them back and expect it to make more people play? Imagine also doing it on 5+ Characters, or even 11. Leveling to the new cap + prof is bad enough for people with lots of toons, rep and attunement grinds will make many quit.
    Make them account wide. Next.

Too much grinding... it was good when i was back in school and had the time for it.... Now that im older and have a job and friends that want to go out and get pissed i need to devote more time to that. While there are aspects of the game i dont like, overall the game has gotten 100x better
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton