Setup of the month

I've been following those setups for a while now, and always thought I'd use that as a baseline when I would buy a new pc. Well I'm there now. I sorely need a new pc ( lagging on durumu on everything on low).

If I take the setups of ( not the unicorn, the one before, I don't remember the name) and change some parts with the unicorn...Will I be safe to play games like crysis 3 and the new games that come out for a couple of years?

I know that the computer hardware market change almost everyday and I just want to get a PC that will last me a couple of years.

And for those willing to help me out, know that I can invest something like 800-1000 gold in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'd say buy your own parts and build it yourself (If you cant, see if you have any mates to help out). Check the system requirements for Crysis 3. From that you can see what the minimum requirements are to play the game. You can use that as a baseline to play it. If you're willing to spend the dollar you should be able to play most of the newer games. I'm running a pretty old comp (3-4 years old) and even in games like GW2 I've got a moderately decent framerate. What sort of budget have you got?

you heard him...800-1000 gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    you heard him...800-1000 gold...
    800 ounces of gold should be able to buy him a beastly machine

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I was thinking... What currency?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    800 ounces of gold should be able to buy him a beastly machine
    Pretty sure 800 ounces of gold could do a lot more than a beastly machine.... that's over $800,000

Anyway, on-topic, what currency do you really have? Dollars? Euros? Also, what games do you play other than Crysis 3? While the setup of the month can be a good guideline, it doesn't account for any reduction in prices, discounts, new rebates, what games you play, etc.
    Last edited by Killora; 2013-04-25 at 02:55 AM.

You know you've been playing to much WoW when...

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    And for those willing to help me out, know that I can invest something like 800-1000 gold in this.
    On the serious note, take a look at the sticky in this forum and fill out the needed info then we can help you.

Yeah, sorry about the gold thing( it was late and i was AH'ing all night)...To much wow'ing... 800-1000 dollar, canadian dollar!

I don't plan on playing Crysis 3, I just heard it was one of the most requiring game, specs wise.

•Budget ( 800- 1000 $)
    •Resolution ( Not sure I get this one..... but i'll say 1600x900?)
    •Games / Settings Desired (Wow with zero lag at high, and/or new games that comes out )
    •Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) ( gaming pc primarly)
    •Country ( Canada)
    •Parts that can be reused ( none, currently on a laptop)
    •Do you need an OS? ( Nah i think I still have one window 7 use somewhere, but might include it)
    •Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? ( No, I have all my old pc's keyboard and mouse, and a screen I use as a tv for my xbox)

Deleted
    I updated my thread yesterday:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

The resolution would be dependent on that TV/monitor you've been using with your Xbox. If it's "HD Ready", then I'd assume it's 1366x768, but if it's "Full HD" then it's most likely 1920x1080.

World of Warcraft is a bitch to run at higher settings with zero lag, even with beastly machines. That being said, it's very possible to get a smooth experience by turning off shadows and turning down spell details, even with mid-range hardware.

The current Gaming 850 build or a variation thereof should fit your needs perfectly and give room for a Windows 7 license as well as a future mouse and keyboard upgrade.

Gaming 850
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro3$94.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k$219.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB$62.99
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti$289.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB$59.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 430W$59.99 Review
    Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha$49.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $848

Recommended for:
    Potent gaming build that will take care of
    almost all gaming needs; will exceed in most
    games but lacks the power to cope with really
    demanding titles at max settings.

Gaming 970
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro4$109.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k$219.99
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 2x4GB$67.99
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7950$309.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB$94.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W$64.99
    Heatsink: Xigmatek Gaia$19.99
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer$84.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $973

Recommended for:
    Gaming build that will take care of almost
    all gaming needs; will exceed in most games
    but lacks the power to cope with really
    demanding titles at max settings.

The Gaming 970 seems decent for what youre looking for. You may even think about adding an SSD in the near future along with the 1TB.

So I've been shopping around and all the Pc stores in my hood are expensive....Taking I buy all the parts mentionned above....How hard would it be for someone to make a working PC out of those pieces?

I've taken down pc's before but that was long ago....
    Last edited by Kripthmaul; 2013-04-25 at 05:49 PM.