Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RET BiS doing LFR and valor gear only?

Has anyone looked into the RET BiS set for those of us who will never even see normal modes, but would like to be as competitive as possible in LFR, and on world bosses?

I used search and didnt see any lists for these.

thanks

This is the list I am going for, and it seems to work well:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...83:95798:95756

Weapon-wise, take whatever 502 you can get, just preferably NOT the sword from Council.

The Band of the Scaled Tyrant, Tidal Force Boots, and even the Weapon, should be replaced by a 516 Epic from a Heroic Scenario in 5.3 (preferably as Haste/Mastery).

This gives you both reasonable Hit and Expertise levels to make sitting at cap not a challenge.

Edit: This is my character, don't got all the items yet, but I am well on my way: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...larus/advanced
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-04-23 at 02:03 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I have no desire to create such a list meh.

Guy above me is wrong tho. You use crafted shoes until 535 heroics.

Hit values at 502 levels won't overcap you either so the comment about the sword and the ring hit items is irrelevant and uninformed.

I guess the 516 loot would be better but I thought that was Challenge mode daily not Sc.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-23 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Hit values at 502 levels won't overcap you either so the comment about the sword and the ring hit items is irrelevant and uninformed.
    Okay... so OP states he won't even see normals, and you tell him to get crafted boots... how would you suggest he get the Haunted Spirits needed to craft them? Cause personally for me, dumping the 30-50k+ for just boots... so not worth it.

They may not over-cap you, but that item list has no gems factored in, and does push you over on Expertise by about 900, and only under Hit by 150. Things can be reforged overall to benefit better in the long run.

The 516 Gear is both from the Daily CM Quest and your first daily Heroic Scenario.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-04-23 at 02:11 AM.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

My main concern is the valor gear has so much more strength than the 502 tier. But the secondary stats leave a lot to be desired.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:08 AM ----------

I guess the 516 loot would be better but I thought that was Challenge mode daily not Sc.
    Yeah wont be getting crafted boots either...lol

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    My main concern is the valor gear has so much more strength than the 502 tier. But the secondary stats leave a lot to be desired.
    Aside from the 4pc (which is worth it, even at a 20 ilevel hit on 4 pieces), you'll be using every singe VP piece you can. Gloves are the ideal item to replace, as the alternatives for Legs, Chest, or Shoulders results in much higher Expertise/Hit ratings.

The 4pc makes your Templar's Verdicts scale to a ridiculous degree.

gloves being the off piece?

The chest comes from doing the daily Challenge Mode quest along queuing for a Daily Heroic Scenario. You also get a one time quest from the guy in the shrine who constantly Spinning Crane Kick (name not sure of atm) who asks you to complete a Heroic Scenario for him as he never gets to leave the shrine and rewards you with a chest as well.

gloves being the off piece?
    Yes, the VP Gloves would be the one piece of the set you replace.

Let Mr Robot make your list?
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

You can get T15 gloves and legs from Nalak, and get the VP chest instead for an ilvl boost.

Oondasta has 522 gloves as well. Expertise/Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Let Mr Robot make your list?
    Mr robot doesn't always use the correct stat weights.

But it will if you punch in the right ones... Which is what anyone using Mr Robot should be doing anyway.

Rets dont use Mr. Robot. They use Mr. Anaxie

You should get the BS 2h with haste/mastery just because you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Elutem View Post
    But it will if you punch in the right ones... Which is what anyone using Mr Robot should be doing anyway.
    I understand that..... but I dont know how to simulate the gear I dont have in simcraft?

usually I import my guy from battle.net and then sim him to get my stat weights to use in mr robot.

but if Im wanting to sim gear I dont have Im not sure how to do it. I saw the chardev tab, but am unsure if my reforgeing/gemming is optimal..

How do you do it Anaxie?

Deleted
    I understand that..... but I dont know how to simulate the gear I dont have in simcraft?

usually I import my guy from battle.net and then sim him to get my stat weights to use in mr robot.

but if Im wanting to sim gear I dont have Im not sure how to do it. I saw the chardev tab, but am unsure if my reforgeing/gemming is optimal..

How do you do it Anaxie?
    you can make a preliminary list in AMR manually (don't press optimize, manually change items around), then export it to simcraft, sim that there for stat weights, then plug those in AMR for the actual optimization.

edit: also, Anaxie, what's your issue with AMR? if you just use it for optimization of gear (which is just applied stat weights), it's fine.

Rets dont use Mr. Robot. They use Mr. Anaxie
    To add to this, I'm more amazed that more people trust Mr. Robot over something as simple as Reforge Lite. Small addon, gets the job done, and can be changed to your own personal stat weights when the need arises.

Mr Robot is fine because he came to us and we fixed it by telling him what to put in there. It's hardly optimized still.

And to the above I don't use sims to build the gearset. I'm just a boss and my stuff matches up when people finally finish tweaking crap.

Noteable examples in early Mr.Robot we fixed being.

BELT , Rein-binders, BOTH trinkets.

May end up being a whole mess of other stuff and gemming after i get to test shit out with a 549 wpn / 5.3 but the right people will relay that as needed.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-24 at 12:30 PM.