Glyph of Demon Hunting.

Does this no longer reduce your chance of being crit by 6%? I thought it did at the start of MOP.

Doesn't reduce crit chance, nope
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Totally did at one point. Another stealth nerf. They claim they don't lie to us, but why do they omit tons of shit every time they release patch notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did remove the 6% crit reduction during the beta because they didn't want us to be real tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    They did remove the 6% crit reduction during the beta because they didn't want us to be real tanks.
    Yep, was a beta change, and pretty well documented at the time. It was THE change that made everyone trying it realise they were going to nerf it as long as we were on par with, or better then normal tanks.

Sorry, I could have sworn it went live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, its funny though, every other "clutch" tank I play gets it. Rogues do through growl (tanked galleon as the tanks were terrible every three minutes), Druids get it through Heart of the Wild. Dunno if pallys (as I tank as a pally)or warriors still get it.

But, Locks were being used over other tanks which caused them to pull that nerf. In all honesty, the glyph, how it originally worked, would have made them perfect tank candidates, as it forced you to choose to be dps or tank before using it, but then they changed it to a form where you could weave in and out of to dps. Then when they saw warlock tanks, they took the nerf bat yet again and there went the crit reduction. And then finally, they made our taunt not a taunt, but a pet taunt.

All honestly, just wish they would give us back our taunt and crit reduction, and i can go tank whatever i please.

Actually it was baked into nether plating and in every other expansion its been baked into the metamorphosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Sorry, I could have sworn it went live.
    No I remember it was pretty early in beta, almost as soon as someone said, "LOCKS CAN TANK NAO!?!???!?!!" they went back and changed it and said, "Nope." I think it also used to have a real taunt.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

15+ Year Old Account
    I've recently come to hate this glyph, it seems as I'm leveling my new toon (rogue) I'm constantly getting grouped with locks using this glyph, dpsing the entire run in demon form spamming carrion swarm every time its off cool down knocking all the targets away so I have to run after them and reposition myself, not to mention half the time the knockback ends up pulling more mobs, or if it doesn't the way the mobs are positioned means I can't get behind the mobs to use backstab >_<

Sadly DA form got nerfed in beta as the killing blow to the rallying cry of locks wanting to have a tanking option. Now its stuck in some odd niche no mans land though it might make a comeback for flag carrying in rbgs if it doesn't pay the "tank spec tax" though we'll see how that shakes out.

The only locks I run into while leveling these days is destro locks, probably because it's such an easy rotation.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Sadly DA form got nerfed in beta as the killing blow to the rallying cry of locks wanting to have a tanking option. Now its stuck in some odd niche no mans land though it might make a comeback for flag carrying in rbgs if it doesn't pay the "tank spec tax" though we'll see how that shakes out.
    I don't see it having the tank penalty since the way they said it worked is by being in an actual tank spec, and since a glyph isn't a spec it wouldn't be able to pick it up. Should be about the same as a dps warrior grabbing the flag then slapping a 1h/shield on and going into defensive stance.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 09:23 AM ----------

Found a thread talking about the nerf to it, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=demon+hunting, and the change happened in beta build 15544 (had difficulty finding it because I was searching for "demon hunting" when I should have been searching for "nether plating").

I'm personally hoping for Warlocks to get the Druid treatment next expansion and become tanks. Maybe make the Demon Hunting spec be able to wear Mail to give that Int Mail gear another place to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm personally hoping for Warlocks to get the Druid treatment next expansion and become tanks. Maybe make the Demon Hunting spec be able to wear Mail to give that Int Mail gear another place to go.
    It's unlikely that will happen, and if it would, it makes more sense to go for leather tank gear or just to stick with cloth. Warlocks don't seem like a class that would ever wear mail :/

They would probably have to add another cloth class that would also utilize "tanking" gear (they added monks and split guardian off from feral at the same time, so would probably follow the same path), because they don't like adding gear that only 1 spec of 1 class can use, holy paladins being the only ones "lucky" enough for this treatment.

It'd be nice to be able to tank on the character that has always been my main, but compared to other drastic changes that have come up over the course of the game this one just seems too far out there.

Gang, please remember the crit reduction got taken away from us the same time as it got taken away from other offspec tanks (which is what they compared dark apotheosis to -- a dps warrior with a macro to equip a shield and hop into defensive stance). I don't remember if it got taken away from all of them but from what I recall it was either all or most ... I didn't find it to be unfair (although i did think it sucked) because it was an across-the-board thing and not aimed just at us.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

DA "tank" gear could simply convert spirit to a tanking stat which would give spirit cloth another use besides being the exclusive playground of priests. Since spriests already have 2x the loot table of mage/lock its not horribly out of line to put that gear to some other potential use. It would also be useless to a dps the same way parry/dodge are useless to dps warriors/dks/paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    They would probably have to add another cloth class that would also utilize "tanking" gear (they added monks and split guardian off from feral at the same time, so would probably follow the same path), because they don't like adding gear that only 1 spec of 1 class can use, holy paladins being the only ones "lucky" enough for this treatment.
    Druid tanks haven't had tanking gear since early Wrath, when they got crit reduction put into a talent. BrewMs simply followed the standard bears had set expansions before.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    DA "tank" gear could simply convert spirit to a tanking stat which would give spirit cloth another use besides being the exclusive playground of priests. Since spriests already have 2x the loot table of mage/lock its not horribly out of line to put that gear to some other potential use. It would also be useless to a dps the same way parry/dodge are useless to dps warriors/dks/paladins.
    I've thought the same thing. It would put DPS and tank locks on a wider gear gap than some current tanks have.