Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i have to admit to missing the old talent tree's & the fact you can no longer see how many bosses are down in LFR, before you get the option to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    And you don't have to do LFR, LFG, and dailies. How does them being in the game make the game worse than before?
    I think LFG and LFR are just awful, they are breeding ground for jerks, every LFG or LFR I go into every item from the final boss and every boe is needed. Half the time you get grouped with people who can't speak any English, that doesn't make the group very enjoyable when you can't coordinate any sort of strategy you just have to pray you don't get grouped with them.

I'm sure if I say daily quest are required for raiding then it's gonna turn into this big thing that I don't really care to argue about.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I was going to make fun of the OP and his nostalgia ... but I suppose he is such a deluded nostalgia boy that it would be pointless... and he really isn't even worth getting a warning over .

All you listed was no nostalgia ... no .. the fact that you couldn't lvl for days in southshore / stv with your lvl 30orso because there was your mega world pvp was such a nice thing .. what would you do if they didn't let you quest for days now ? You would FLY to forums ( here ) and whine how about classic wow was better... lol.

For the dungeons you forgot to mention the waiting time. It went from 2hours up to DAYS to find party.

And .. and .. oh god you are so wrong with your nostalgia that I would have to crush every 2 words you wrote and I don't have the time and the will to.

Morale of the story:

Classic was good for its time.
    TBC was good for its time.
    WoTLK was good for its time.
    Cata was good for its time.

MoP is good now.

Wether you liked something more or less , its just personal opinion and nostalgia mostly.
    Last edited by mmoce0e8933f3d; 2013-04-25 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The decline of world PVP came about because of battlegrounds not flying mounts. When an area for structured PVP was added where people could get rewards the only people left to enjoy gankathons were the people scared of a fair fight.
    World pvp was pretty active at least from the servers I know till long after the release of battle grounds. On a side note I find the notion of "fair fights" in wow pvp quite amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Talent trees were pretty much cookie cutter, if you didn't have the right spec, you were laughed at and made fun of and called a baddie.
    You can pretty much still do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    what would you do if they didn't let you quest for days no ?
    Well people still haven't learned that it isn't called dueling server.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-04-25 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Definition of nostalgia according to Wiktionary:

1. A longing for home or familiar surroundings; homesickness.
    2. A bittersweet yearning for the things of the past.
    3. Reminiscence of the speaker's childhood or younger years.

It is nostalgia.
    Ohh how the children enjoy their self appointed clever quips when reciting a definition. Invalidate an argument through analysis and thought instead of copy and paste definitions.

[This post was infracted for trolling.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-25 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    World PvP in Vanilla:
    Ya before BGs were released than it died down.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Classic was good for its time.
    TBC was good for its time.
    WoTLK was good for its time.
    Cata was good for its time.

MoP is good now.

Wether you liked something more or less , its just personal opinion and nostalgia mostly.
    I wouldn't say Cata was good, you hit the ball outta the park for Vanilla, TBC, Wrath & MoP.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Ohh how the children enjoy their self appointed clever quips when reciting a definition. Invalidate an argument through analysis and thought instead of copy and paste definitions.
    If we don't use proper definitions we might as well be speaking two different languages, and any discussion is pointless since it is impossible to understand what the other part says. Proper definitions are the key to proper discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    World pvp was pretty active at least from the servers I know till long after the release of battle grounds. On a side note I find the notion of "fair fights" in wow pvp quite amusing.
    Oh, yeah. I am well aware of the people who think being on the winning side of a curb stomp is "real PVP".
    Well people still haven't learned that it isn't called dueling server.
    It isn't called a ganking server either.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Ya before BGs were released than it died down.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:45 AM ----------

I wouldn't say Cata was good, you hit the ball outta the park for Vanilla, TBC, Wrath & MoP.
    The only thing I didn't like about Cata was Dragonsoul, why does everyone hate it so much? The starter heroic dungeons, tier 11, and tier 12 were amazing. At least I thought so.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about Cata was Dragonsoul, why does everyone hate it so much? The starter heroic dungeons, tier 11, and tier 12 were amazing. At least I thought so.
    I like liked started Heriocs & Tier 11 for sure, Firelands was ok, but to me it got old fast. I was really looking forward to the Abyssal Maw & War of the Ancients raids. There are alot of holes in the Stories presented & Dargon Soil was a huge letdown.

Its just Catacylsm was like whiner central & they won 100% of the time, During MoP they didn't win all the time, just the major complaints, even if they weren't so bad. Blizzard put there foot down on many things and I wish they did that with the Starter Herioc Dungeons.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-04-25 at 06:51 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I think it's based on why you play. For me, I loved exploring in Vanilla, which the ability to fly has diminished for me. But more so, I loved playing with and meeting new people and building friendships...which was much easier in Vanilla. For me individually...the convenience has made the game worse. But that's not true for many.

Edit: I've also never found a 5 man I enjoy as much as I enjoyed BRD. So much fun for me in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Jilor; 2013-04-25 at 06:51 AM.

I think LFG and LFR are just awful, they are breeding ground for jerks, every LFG or LFR I go into every item from the final boss and every boe is needed. Half the time you get grouped with people who can't speak any English, that doesn't make the group very enjoyable when you can't coordinate any sort of strategy you just have to pray you don't get grouped with them.

I'm sure if I say daily quest are required for raiding then it's gonna turn into this big thing that I don't really care to argue about.
    Mainly because 4 dailies a day isn't really much of a time commitment. That's like complaining about logging in being required for raiding.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Oh, yeah. I am well aware of the people who think being on the winning side of a curb stomp is "real PVP".

It isn't called a ganking server either.
    Getting killed is a part of pvp. You don't want to die - roll a pve server. Should be pretty obvious. It's not like bgs or arena are fair to any extent.
    Tier 12 was short and boring except for Ragnaros. T11 was perceived as a lot and challenging due to the fact that there was zero gating. t13 was dragonsoul.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-04-25 at 06:52 AM.

Getting killed is a part of pvp. You don't want to die - roll a pve server. Should be pretty obvious.
    Yes, that's exactly what people posted on the forums after running away when people who could actually stand a chance against them showed up.

Most people that say old school wow was better do not like the current content because in this they do not get to be a special little snowflake. Back then if they were in a raiding guild, they were the only ones who got to see the bosses and get the gear. Now John Smith who plays for a couple of hours a couple of nights per week can also see the content and get some gear. The same goes for a lot of other aspects of the game, blizzard now rewards the more skilled players with reaching the goals in less time then those that are less skilled, rather then the goals only being reachable for those who are good.

Started in BC, but hey not everyone started in vanilla. Honestly, not sure how they kept people subscribed back then. Remember grinding up to 70 and then grinding out pvp epics. The hardest part of that grind of course was getting the marks you needed from each battleground. Pretty much every piece required 20 marks from some battleground on top of the honor you had to grind. Remember having good times farming AV with preform AV enabler and getting on vent. The strategy we used back then still works to this day (if people would actually do it). Anyway, raiding back in BC was such a horrendous thing that most people were like me and went for welfare epics. Only got into Kara and cleared that weekly but that was about it. If you wanted to raid in BC you either had to be carried through content or find a group that was starting from the ground floor like you. Of course, there were always people that got geared up faster than others either by luck or design. This caused said player(s) to grow bored of farming things for others and then one of two things would happen: They either went to a guild that was further in progression or they stopped showing up. Hell that problem still exists to this day.

As far as the game being better back then? Eh, not really. A lot of the problems you're referring to didn't even come from MoP either. Flying mounts came out in BC, but they were SIXTY-PERCENT. It was faster to run on your ground mount most of the time, even if you could fly. It didn't even change to 150% until wrath after a massive outcry on the forums. LFD isn't that bad, I don't miss spamming trade or general chat for a healer or a dps with the right CC. That came out in wrath too. LFR came out in Casterclysm and was horribly inefficient if you didn't have friends to roll on gear for you. To touch on world PvP, that died as soon as battlegrounds came out during the time you say was awesome. So vanilla killed that one. All of these things have been refined over the years and made better. That's progress, and even if you don't like the progress can you say with a straight face that you would enjoy lack of progress more?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelln12 View Post
    First I love how the picture to Raiding in MoP is LFRragon Soul lol

Second, lets look at things you missing in your Vanilla/MoP comparisions

Boss Mechanics
    T1 vs. T14
    T1: 1 main mechanics mostly
    T14 multiple mechanics in every boss fight

Vanilla: Warrior = Tank, Druid/Pally/Shaman/Priest = Healer
    MoP: Warrior = DPS/Tank, Druid/Pally= DPS,Heals,Tank Shaman/Priest = Healer, DPS

Dungeons
    Vanilla: "LFG Ulda need tank and dps
    *10 minutes later*
    "LFG Ulda need tank"
    *10 minutes later*
    "LFG Ulda need tank, healer and dps"

MoP: Queue

Also new fun things that have been introduced since Vanilla like.........
    Achievements
    Transmog
    Pet Battles
    I agree with everything except fun things , all just useless imho. I loved the pretbc when you saw from players gear that hes good etc...
    Instance queue has its pros and cons, as people have said already, but imo its good thing they added it.

TBC > all other expansions!

Yes, that's exactly what people posted on the forums after running away when people who could actually stand a chance against them showed up.
    Didn't need to run away at any time we crushed everyone on our server.

Didn't need to run away at any time we crushed everyone on our server.
    I'm sure you did.

Everyone always does.

I bet you've played since beta too!

I'm sure you did.

Everyone always does.

I bet you've played since beta too!
    You are correct.