Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    My biggest problem with the game is that it's way too easy [...]
    So, you've downed all the heroic raid bosses, including Ra-Den? If not, your complaint of "it's too easy" is ridiculous.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    And to people saying, I pay money for it so I deserve this and that just as much as any other. If you believe in this philosophy you might as well buy a coke and demand that it would taste like a sprite. See how ridiculous that sounds? If you don't like coke, then don't buy it. No need to ruin the flavor for those who love it. Perhaps you need to try a pepsi or go back to lemonade all together.
    I wish I was better at the analogy process. Mine always end up sounding preachy. Anyway, this is basically what I was trying to say before my post was violated into semantic oblivion.

It also works both ways. People with no time demand MMOs become more schedule friendly? That's pretty unreasonable and they should probably prioritize another method of entertainment or accept their limited experience. On the flip side, WoW has totally given in to this "gimme gimme" style of play and we have to admit that. If that's not the kind of game players want, instead of going on long winded diatribes about the good old days while feeding them subscription fees, we should also just move on.

There's that common sense theme sparking back up. We all knew what was going to come of this thread.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you've downed all the heroic raid bosses, including Ra-Den? If not, your complaint of "it's too easy" is ridiculous.
    Not really, especially since that poster listed dungeons and leveling.

She talks not about boring raids.

If 95% of the game is easy, and 5% is hard, that doesn't make the game hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, please don't take one aspect of the game and pretend that it represents the entire game. The majority of the game is no different than your average iOS game release. You basically just have to show up long enough to have things placed into your bags while watching netflix and eating pizza. The optional heroic boss of the current relevant raiding content is not the end all be all of WoW.

Let's keep the topic constructive, shall we?

I pay money for it so I deserve this
    I don't pay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I wish I was better at the analogy process. Mine always end up sounding preachy. Anyway, this is basically what I was trying to say before my post was violated into semantic oblivion.

It also works both ways. People with no time demand MMOs become more schedule friendly? That's pretty unreasonable and they should probably prioritize another method of entertainment or accept their limited experience. On the flip side, WoW has totally given in to this "gimme gimme" style of play and we have to admit that. If that's not the kind of game players want, instead of going on long winded diatribes about the good old days while feeding them subscription fees, we should also just move on.

There's that common sense theme sparking back up. We all knew what was going to come of this thread.
    When you're right, you're right. Maybe it is time I leave. Maybe in 2 or so years, the people in this thread calling me an elitist asshole will be called elitist assholes and get the feeling. Maybe when you can "earn" gear by logging in 2 days in a row, or just plain buy it or get it from a vendor, the people calling me an elitist asshole will say "ENOUGH WITH CONVENIENCE!!!!" Maybe when leveling is completely taken out of the game, and WoW turns into an avatar game, that will be enough to show the people in this thread that WoW is on a dark path.

Also, please don't take one aspect of the game and pretend that it represents the entire game. The majority of the game is no different than your average iOS game release. You basically just have to show up long enough to have things placed into your bags while watching netflix and eating pizza. The optional heroic boss of the current relevant raiding content is not the end all be all of WoW.

Let's keep the topic constructive, shall we?
    I can't play WoW without being in windowed mode and watching netflix lol. D3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    If 95% of the game is easy, and 5% is hard, that doesn't make the game hard.
    If the people who want hard are 5% of the players, then they better settle for 5% of the game catering to them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I can't play WoW without being in windowed mode and watching netflix lol. D3 as well.
    Hey don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    When you're right, you're right. Maybe it is time I leave. Maybe in 2 or so years, the people in this thread calling me an elitist asshole will be called elitist assholes and get the feeling. Maybe when you can "earn" gear by logging in 2 days in a row, or just plain buy it or get it from a vendor, the people calling me an elitist asshole will say "ENOUGH WITH CONVENIENCE!!!!" Maybe when leveling is completely taken out of the game, and WoW turns into an avatar game, that will be enough to show the people in this thread that WoW is on a dark path.
    I think you just described Titan there brohiem. I quit paying for WoW long ago.

If the people who want hard are 5% of the players, then they better settle for 5% of the game catering to them.
    Where are the numbers on that?

They are only 5% of the players because the rest are unbelievably incapable of defeating simple mechanics.

When you're right, you're right. Maybe it is time I leave. Maybe in 2 or so years, the people in this thread calling me an elitist asshole will be called elitist assholes and get the feeling.
    The difference is, we won't say we should be catered to even if we're in the minority. We won't say we deserve to have a product that is mostly paid for by other people cater to us, not them. We'll say "looks like the customers voted, so be it", and wander off.

Hey don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining haha.
    Referring to how non-engaging it is mostly. It always helps with the grinding, but I ended up using it when I wasn't grinding away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, you and I have actually been eye to eye about 90% of what you've said. I totally agree. The only different between our approach is that I've done this before on many forums. It never ends well. It's not that I don't feel similar to what you've said, it's just that I haven't quite figured out a way to deliver it without receiving the kind of treatment you've experienced today. Posters you've never even seen before coming out of the woodwork to essentially tell you that your opinion is wrong and unreasonable without even realizing that all they offer in contrast is the exact same type of delivery that you presented them with.

It's a dangerous circle. More productively, however, I actually did stop "feeding" them a subscription. It wasn't intentional or meant to be some big event, it just kind of happened. Shortly after patch 5.1 I just stopped logging in. It's a sick feeling. Almost like a defeat really, but hey, reality butts its ugly head into our logic sometimes and we realize what we're actually throwing money at, even if it is only 15 a month.

The difference is, we won't say we should be catered to even if we're in the minority. We won't say we deserve to have a product that is mostly paid for by other people cater to us, not them. We'll say "looks like the customers voted, so be it", and wander off.
    You are fucking delusional if you think the 95% you fall into won't complain if things change. Where the fuck do you come up with that garbage? Only the "vocal" minority complains? Only elitists? GTFO

Where are the numbers on that?
    You can estimate the number of people doing normal and heroic raid content by looking at the number of guilds raiding, and multiplying by a estimate of the average number of raiders per guild. It comes to (generously) 500K raiders in NA/EU, and maybe 100K hard mode raiders. Blizzard would have better data, of course; they have indicated LFR participation is much higher than normal/heroic raid participation.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are only 5% of the players because the rest are unbelievably incapable of defeating simple mechanics.
    So what? What should they do then? Quit playing just because you decided so?
    Yes, most people are not very good at what they do - but they are also people, deal with it. Games are not about social darwinism.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 10:24 PM ----------

You are fucking delusional if you think the 95% you fall into won't complain if things change. Where the fuck do you come up with that garbage? Only the "vocal" minority complains? Only elitists? GTFO
    Please use more f words, it makes your point way clearer. Oh wait...
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-