Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My whole point is that people's conflicting opinions on 'Feels' of a spec are often just muddied waters for someone trying to figure out what to play, deal in facts, numbers and general viability; let them figure out what feel is appropriate for them.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always played Unholy better than Frost in this expac. Got feather trinket yesterday and the DPS increase was pretty intense.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    My whole point is that people's conflicting opinions on 'Feels' of a spec are often just muddied waters for someone trying to figure out what to play, deal in facts, numbers and general viability; let them figure out what feel is appropriate for them.
    Ridiculing him does not make your point, it just serves to make you look like a douchebag.

Playstyle and the resulting enjoyment is also a factor to keep in mind when deciding on a spec. It's not all about facts, numbers and viability if specs are close to each other and performance is more about execution than actual numbers. I know plenty of people that sucked as Frost DpS because they got bored and started to focus more and more on watching youtube videos instead of raiding and made mistakes that way. Switching to Unholy they paid more attention to what was happening on their WoW screen (at least while learning).
    "Feel" has no place in a thread where it's only about hard numbers. But this thread isn't a theorycrafting thread. It's about someone that feels his 2h Frost is lacking and asking if it's advisable to try unholy. So the answer you critiqued was good to go for a post asking for "Any thoughts?". Wouldn't you agree?

But I don't want to derail the thread any more than we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Ridiculing him does not make your point, it just serves to make you look like a douchebag.
    I didn't ridicule, I pointed out the fallacy of his post. He's the one that made it personal. Perhaps re-direct that point where it's appropriate?

Ending the subject though, all the things you just mentioned are what we call a 'PEBKAC' issue - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

I was mostly pointing out that the other poster's response was couched in such a manner that he was deriding anyone who chose differently then he because 'LOLNOOBS'. I found that took more away from the discussion then it added.

Frankly I've already summed up the best method for Unholy VS. Frost; run an LFR in it's entirety as both, check your numbers and then think about where you were frustrated and where you had fun. If one outweighs the other, go that way - however you should also make sure that your dissatisfaction with your current spec isn't because of basic 'L2P' issues - as cited in my first post in this thread where I said in short 'Play what you prefer and you'll excel at it'.

I have no issues with people using feel as a metric, I have issues with people imposing their OWN feelings as writ on a debate.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally went UH because I enjoy it more. ToT is actually quite friendly for UH, unlike T14 so you really can't go wrong with it, assuming you know how it works. Frost does perform just fine too, so unless you're pushing for progress try both specs and see which suits you more. Festerblight is a whole another case, worry about it IF you find UH more intruiging.