1. #1

    Huge Mushroom buffs?!

    Druid (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Swiftmend now has a 10 yd range, up from 8 yds.
    Tranquility now heals 12 players in in 25 player instances
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom now has a 10 yd healing range, up from 8 yds. Healing and SP scaling doubled.

    Balance & Restoration
    Wild Mushroom (Restoration) now accumulates healing power from 50% (up from 25%) of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 67% (up from 33%) of your health in bonus healing per mushroom


    I for one am a lot happier after seeing this.. my shroom are gonna bloom for anything between 1.2-2.4mil INSTANT healing now, thats mental!

  2. #2
    can't wait for this now i can pop my arena team to full in a global instead of just the one person

  3. #3
    Yeah, and the increase in the area of the shrooms is something like 50%?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    Yeah, and the increase in the area of the shrooms is something like 50%?
    No, 25% exactly.
    I am a menace to my own destiny.


    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

  5. #5
    I like the buffs, but I wish they'd rework the mechanic first. Mushrooms are extremely clunky to play with. It's nice that we get some buffs, but mushrooms wasn't the thing that needed a buff after the 5.2 changes.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    No, 25% exactly.
    Increase in radius is 25%, but increase in area is ~56%.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyeia View Post
    I like the buffs, but I wish they'd rework the mechanic first. Mushrooms are extremely clunky to play with. It's nice that we get some buffs, but mushrooms wasn't the thing that needed a buff after the 5.2 changes.
    I disagree.. i dont think theres anything wrong with how mushrooms are atm. Ye your right they are clunky and a pain in the arse to spend 3 GCDs to put them there, but what other class can do the same burst healing as mushrooms?

    There has to be some kinda drawback to them... just like tranq/totem etc all have high cool down timers... mushrooms has 10 sec CD so there has to be a drawback else where.. which is the 3 GCDs to place them, and the charge up time

    atm if i pop mushrooms and they crit the raid can go from liek 20% to 70%... but when they dont crit they feel kinda lackluster and i dont see the raids HP move too much... so this change is basically gonna make mushrooms good non-crit, and amazing when they do crit!

    Plus the faster ramp up time now from more rejuv healing

  8. #8
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyeia View Post
    I like the buffs, but I wish they'd rework the mechanic first. Mushrooms are extremely clunky to play with. It's nice that we get some buffs, but mushrooms wasn't the thing that needed a buff after the 5.2 changes.
    I agree, mushrooms are the clunkiest thing since doing half damage between eclipses. Oh wait..

    Mushrooms should be completely optional or I will lose the last shred of tolerance I have left for my druid.

  9. #9
    I like the buffs, but id rather they reworked mushrooms, maybe make it so we plant mushrooms on people. as sooo many times you get insane shrooms and people run from them -.-, be nicer to have 3 and plant them on a tanks / melee and then ranged person back or somthing.

  10. #10
    I find 'shrooms fun and tolerably usable in PvE. In PvP... well, maybe I'm just bad, but I really struggle to make any particularly good use for them in Arena (aside from Wild Charge). I suppose I could plan defensive strats around retreating to them, but that seems like a lot of extra work for not much added utility. In RBGs, they're tolerably useful because I can plop them near a flag or FC and count on getting some healing out of them. Not really a complaint, just an observation.

  11. #11
    I think they should make mushrooms placed in one GCD, aka plant 3 at once in an optimal distance.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I think they should make mushrooms placed in one GCD, aka plant 3 at once in an optimal distance.
    and then what happens when u want to place 1 in melee, and 2 at ranged? placing all 3 in 1 gcd has its drawbacks...

    only mushroom change id like to see in terms of placement is putting it on ppl as well as the ground

  13. #13
    Yes, I also would prefer if you could place them on people. Sometimes you know there will be big AE damage incoming, and you have a spot where all should gather, but then things change (lika a badly placed cinder/icy torrent, cyclone) and your mushrooms are useless. Or you cannot tell where you will be gathering before.

    Or I would like them not to accumulate rejuv's overhealing, but to directly cause it to heal nearby party members, so there won't be a need to bloom and you can re-place them whenever you want to.

  14. #14
    While I won't say no to a buff to Wild Mushroom: Bloom I still think that it's not enough to make people want to take a Resto Druid over a Disc Priest or Holy Paladin for 25 man raiding. Can't comment on 10 man since we only switch to 10 if we just want to finish a raid lockout before the reset on Tuesday. Repeating the desire to allow Mushrooms to be placed on people rather than the ground. If that never happens then it'd be nice to move fully charged Mushrooms from one spot to another.

  15. #15
    People need to learn to deal with how shrooms work. They are very strong with some thought and foresight.

    These buffs to the trees are all great strides in the right direction. Be happy about it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricoxagain View Post
    People need to learn to deal with how shrooms work. They are very strong with some thought and foresight.

    These buffs to the trees are all great strides in the right direction. Be happy about it.
    And you need to learn they're not as good as you think.

    Major issues: -During heavy AoE damage phases you won't be able to charge them because your rejuvs won't be overhealing. This requires you to pre-place them. Oh oops, someone just dropped a cinder or something on your stack spot and you need to move it and you just wasted all that mana charging them.
    -It requires us to purposely waste mana into overhealing to get a heal later. What the hell kind of stupid concept is that? Heal badly so you can use this mechanic. Yeah, smart idea.
    -They require 3 globals to plant them and a big ramp up time to charge them for a big heal. What other class has this issue?
    -They can't be moved so you need to be able to know how the fight will go ahead of time to get use out of them.

    Overall they are a terrible terrible terrible mechanic that Blizz is trying to force into using by making the heal stupidly OP. It is the worst idea ever and they need to junk it and give us something else or use one of the suggestions people have been offering forever. That being, let us put mushrooms ON a player instead of the ground or let us move them without losing the charge. But the bottom line is they suck. They are bandaid fixes to a stupid mechanic because Blizz can't just admit they are worthless and give us something better.

    Now I suppose you may think they're good if you consider having to waste multiple globals to place a heal that requires people to move to it and requires bad healing practices (overhealing) to charge it up. Yes, if you think all of those are good then yes, mushrooms are just dandy.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricoxagain View Post
    People need to learn to deal with how shrooms work. They are very strong with some thought and foresight.

    These buffs to the trees are all great strides in the right direction. Be happy about it.
    I agree that they are very strong, and i dont say no to buffs, but the problem is blizzard seems to think that they way to save us in 25 man is to just buff out our healing. Whilst yes this is good, as i also explained in the other thread, quite often the reason we are low on healing is because the absorb classes just take most if not all of it. By the time you get a rejuv on someone or wildgrowth 6 targets, another class has healed it up (i am talking from HC 25 man raiding pov btw).

    When the raid is not topped and is constantly taking damage, we are actually awesome, our healing excels, and will be even better with these buffs. However it doesnt solve the issues we face atm.

    And shrooms are a terrible mechanic which heals very well, and it forces us to use them. Some situations it feels great and works well like megaera stacking for rampage, but other fights its almost better to just not use them, like horridon until last phase. This is the same problem shaman's had with totems, blizzard gave them the talent to move their totems now, we should just get the same thing with shrooms. Also the only way for shrooms to be effective to the point that these buffs to them cause a noticable change is when the raid who is stacked on them is actually lower on HP, since they heal for alot, and blooming them on a raid who never drops below 80% isnt the best usage. However it is our biggest instant heal, so we do it anyways. I have already suggested that living seed should be changed to place an absorb on the target, just my opinion. This expansion, absorbs are king, maybe not so much in next tier, but i seriously doubt we will overtake the absorb classes just because of how heals work.

    We are great healers, but the situations for us to shine are rare with the way healing and bosses are atm. We are a class that requires the raid to get hit and take damage, whereas absorb classes it doesnt matter, they can stack it on maxed hp players and still get all their heals.

  18. #18
    Disagree about Shrooms already being good. They should be good after 5.3 in 10 man, 25 man still seems questionable. Not idea why Bliz has continuously dragged their feet on this so much. They have been terrible for a long time.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,021
    Cool. More healing that will go directly into overhealing.

    Druids already have awesome healing. What they need is mechanics changes and utility improvements, not buffing one of the worst mechanics in the game. I quit my druid over these mushrooms when I caught wind that they weren't optional.

    Though what is especially hilarious, is that if you use them perfectly, you can't still match priest/paladin output because of their absorbs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •