Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No. I don't have Ashbringer but I do not want it to be obtainable through BMAH. Ashbringer made no sense to be an obtainable item in the first place, leave it removed.
    This

also the fact what makes most people "want it to have" is that its so rare, when it would be on the bmah it would become just an other epic (with a bit lore behind like for example Skull of Guldan, but rly who cares about that?) Putting T3 on BMAH was a big fail, putting such an item on BMAH would completely destroy my hope in Blizzards Gamedesigner, and no i dont have one either

Btw the WoW Economy is totaly broken the BMAH didnt change something here, prevent Botting more and make Herbs/Minerals and overall Crafting more Rare would have been a better solution but this would just end in another big QQMIMI
    Last edited by bi0; 2013-04-25 at 12:46 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. I personally wouldn't want it, I thought it was an ugly item, but there isn't really any reason why items with unique models like that (and the misplaced servo arm) shouldn't end up on the BMAH eventually. It's not like there is any real prestige to those items or anything. A lot of the people with Naxx era transmogs before the BMAH just did runs at level 70. Removes large sums of gold from the economy and people get a semi-unique look to their items. Go for it.

No. If it doesn't make sense to bring it back another way for lore reasons, then having it suddenly show up on BMAH doesn't make sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefyr View Post
    Absolutely no reason to bid 999,999 when the highest you have to guarantee getting the item is 952,380g95s24c. No one can bid over that because they can't bid the required 5%.
    You win the math prize of the day. Bravo, love it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by fassan View Post
    I personally think it's the coolest and most epic looking weapon Blizz have ever designed.
    Do you really? I never understood that. It's too big, weird shape, old ugly low res texture, weird floating skull. I think it's hideous. So, do you really think it's better then any other weapon out there, or do you just say that because... well.. I don't know.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Do you really? I never understood that. It's too big, weird shape, old ugly low res texture, weird floating skull. I think it's hideous. So, do you really think it's better then any other weapon out there, or do you just say that because... well.. I don't know.
    Yes, but the voices which came with the weapon, that made it "the" weapon

I... was... pure... once.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

It should be put up there, 1 mil gold for a transmog are people really going to be upset?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It should be put up there, 1 mil gold for a transmog are people really going to be upset?
    This is WoW, people get upset about everything. People are upset that plate wearers can transmog the ugly low-res Tier 3 model. As long as people keep paying insane amounts of gold for old transmog gear, the look is still going to remain pretty uncommon.

Some people would be. I would never get the item as I don't have that sort of cash. But I would not begrudge anyone who buys it if it were to be on the BMAH.

Reminds me not seen a battered hilt on the AH for a long time ;/

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    tbh, since 999,999g is max at BMAH, it isn't that much gold removed from each realm. Maybe a low pop realm, but it would not take the realm as a whole to gain the 999,999g back they spent, and with these items been extremely rare, even on BMAH, it's not a good way of removing gold. They remove large chunks, but as a whole, it's not even a dent in the overall server market.
    To be fair WoW is kind've like irl when it comes to wealth, in my guild of 800 people only 3 (including myself) have over 100k on them at all times. Thats a ton of people and majority of them don't have 10k. Sure the whole realm has lots of gold but its more like this 70% have under 20k 20% have under 50k 5% have under half a mill and 4% around 1 mil and only like 01% has multiple millions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is WoW, people get upset about everything. People are upset that plate wearers can transmog the ugly low-res Tier 3 model. As long as people keep paying insane amounts of gold for old transmog gear, the look is still going to remain pretty uncommon.
    You could get it in BC, at 70 its not like naxx was a challenege. People just like to act superior because they were raiding back then. It's not like back then you couldn't pay for a carry and pay for the wep.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

No dont add it. Its pretty much a legendary even if its purple.

Besides, gamewise tirion is using it but he cleansed it. This did not happen with any of the other legendaries or epic looking rare purples, they can still be obtained the same way or they arent enough important in warcraft story.

I have Nightmare Blade from Nightmare dragons and its pretty sweet to have it and nobody else has it. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=20577

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    No dont add it. Its pretty much a legendary even if its purple.

Besides, gamewise tirion is using it but he cleansed it. This did not happen with any of the other legendaries or epic looking rare purples, they can still be obtained the same way or they arent enough important in warcraft story.

I have Nightmare Blade from Nightmare dragons and its pretty sweet to have it and nobody else has it. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=20577
    So reasoning here is, don't help stop inflation because people want to be special snowflakes? To be fair were talking BMAH its going to be cap to get it when it does pop on your realm and big deal lorewise (gorehowl drops in kara).
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with having it on the AH.

Why would anyone have this affect anyone other than the owner is beyond me.

I say let it be sold.
    Blizzard already admitted it was a mistake to make such a weapon available to players. It's lore-breaking from a certain perspective, since Tirion wields it.

I wouldn't care if it was on there, the bids would be so high and it would be so rare (maybe once per server every couple months or something) and if someone can afford it and wants it, good for them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a transmog skin? I'd say go for it. Even a replica ashbringer made of foam will have the server hopping mad, it would be interesting to see.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Your kidding right? The BMAH doesnt do shit to the economy. When you have unlimited resources the only thing thats going to happen is mass inflation. These people sitting on millions of gold arent ever going to run out, they arent going to be crippled after buying an item on the BMAH.
    The most ive ever met someone with was 8 million and thats 20% of his gold for one transmog, hate it all you want a million gold can effect the market if its all being used. This is how blizzard is trying to get some of that gold out of the picture.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Because everyone that has a good sum of gold must have botted it right?
    They might aswell add it to BMAH, it's not like getting it at level 70 with a couple of mates was that hard.
    Not unless those "mates" had raided Naxx at 60. The original Naxx was not trivial even at 70. The mechanics in it were designed to kill, you needed at least 15 people (at a t6 level) to have a chance to clear the whole place. To top that off the Ashbringer was not a common drop.

As to the topic itself, the Corrupted Ashbringer shouldn't be put on the BMAH. As Tommo has said, what Blizzard should really be focusing its efforts on is working on making good armor rather than crap that people don't want to be seen wearing.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Not unless those "mates" had raided Naxx at 60. The original Naxx was not trivial even at 70. The mechanics in it were designed to kill, you needed at least 15 people (at a t6 level) to have a chance to clear the whole place. To top that off the Ashbringer was not a common drop.

As to the topic itself, the Corrupted Ashbringer shouldn't be put on the BMAH. As Tommo has said, what Blizzard should really be focusing its efforts on is working on making good armor rather than crap that people don't want to be seen wearing.
    ToT gear is great in 2 xpacs you'll still see groups doing it from transmog.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I see no issues with having Corrupted Ashbringer back in the game via BMAH. It removes cash from the economy, so it is good. And the BMAH can also control how many of those things will "spwn". So perhaps limit it.

The stupid thing about this tho, is that only the rich will be able to access it. And then only the lucky one of those rich fellows will get it.
    I have no issues seeing ""Replica's"" of Ashbringer (corrupted and non corrupted) as well as Replica Frostmourne or any of the major lore weapon to be sold on the Bmah as long as the Word Replica remains in the title (and if used as a skin via Xmorg it should state in the tooltip that the skin came from the Replica and not the original.

That being said I wouldn't want a Replica of Ashbringer in neither form because it is a shitty looking weapon when compared to many other weapons in the game (like the s1/s2 2h axes, S3 2h mace, Cataclysms edge or even the original Askandi greatsword. (or pretty much any weapon model used in Naxxramas)

ToT gear is great in 2 xpacs you'll still see groups doing it from transmog.
    For those who arent tired of all those Troll infested themes, before ToT I was sickened by troll instances and now Im even more sick of it (visually)..

meh, didnt see this was an old post, stupid google search