Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why are Rogues always picked on?

    Why are rogues always picked on? Its just a simple question. They are trying to make every class like it.

  2. #2
    People get mad because of stealth.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,726
    Why are rogues picked on? Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it. Because getting killed without control of your character is bullshit. Because rogues are overpowered in 1v1, and almost always have been, and that matters to players even if it does not to devs.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-24 at 09:34 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  4. #4
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why are rogues picked on? Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it.
    Now, granted, I don't PvP much - but anything that could put your opponent on tilt would seem to me to be a hugely beneficial thing to do, would it not?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #5
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why are rogues picked on? Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it.
    I'm guilty of doing this on my Rogue. I'll sometimes triple sap a healer in bg's, cheap shot him then vanish, then blind, then garrote, then gouge then run away.

    When I leveled some of my Rogues, I noticed people would be more hostile toward me over my Warrior. I'd play 5 man dungeons and people would always ask while i was crawling around in stealth "Rogue what are you doing?" or "Rogue, stop." or "Fuck off Rogue." The worst would be is if i got caught out of stealth by accident and usually the tank would go apeshit on me. Lord forbid if the princess tank has a mob pulled that wasn't by him.

    As bad as people are hostile to my Rogue, its no where near as close as it is with my DK. People hate DK's more than anything else. You never win with playing as a DK. If you suck, people insult you by saying how easy DK's are and that you're terrible for sucking with an easy class. This also quenches their mentality that the majority of people who play DK's are terrible/little kids.

    However, if you're a good player, people will just say you're only doing good because you play an easy spoonfed welfare class that's desgined to put in the least amount of effort for success.

    I've also gotten random attitudes from people for absolutely no reason and mention my class along with the rant. DK's literally fit in lore wise as they do in game wise. Nobody likes you but they'll use you to get things done.
    Last edited by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart; 2013-04-24 at 01:14 AM.

  6. #6
    ^ Part of the reason I decline a CR request, and part of the reason I'm glad DKs don't have much support for others. I dunno how they even have the nerve to ask that from me.

    "Sry bro didn't seem to find that runic power to throw that ress on you."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Now, granted, I don't PvP much - but anything that could put your opponent on tilt would seem to me to be a hugely beneficial thing to do, would it not?
    but it's the fact it's 100% unavoidable, saps range is huge you need some spamable aoe with like a 50 yard range to make sure a rogue can't use sap, if i have earthquake/magma totem down and thunderstorm, a rogue can still sap and none will hit due to its godly range.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it.
    This right here is the thing I hate about rogues. Running with a group of people in a random BG and a rogue just picks somebody out. Saps them once while everyone else runs away, sap again and everyone's long gone, sap one last time because fuck you that's why and then they open up on you and you're still just stuck there stunned/incapacitated.


    Awesome sig thanks to i4ni

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,807
    Because Rogues are extremely obnoxious and ridiculously fun to play most of the time.

    They would not be as obnoxious or ridiculously fun to play if many classes were actually presented in a way that lived up to their archetype. For example, plate armor means dick all in this game. It may as well be made of flour tortillas.

    I'm also still very annoyed about Cataclysm

    so i shit on a rogue or feral druid whenever i get the chance
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  10. #10
    People complaining about saps and rogue CCs, must realize what they're up against... rogues do things like this to separate you from the group, to 1v1 you, where a rogue excels, why would you not play to your classes strength? that's like complaining about a Mage freezing you. A rogue can't just go mongoloid style charging into the middle of a group, unless they severely out gear the others, they are a control class, they have to do things like this to stand a chance, and if you get chain CCd by a rogue, you either timed your CC breaks wrong, or the rogues just a skilled rogue.

    (No, I do not play a rogue, I just understand how this game is played)

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral looz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,185
    Because you pick on locks.
    i5 4690k ♦ Z97-A ♦ GTX 760 SLI ♦ 8 GB ♦ 120Gb + 1Tb + 4Tb ♦ Define R4

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    A rogue can't just go mongoloid style charging into the middle of a group
    it's actually very possible for a rogue to pop all cooldowns and kill someone in a stun right now

    just saying
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why are rogues picked on? Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it.
    Why the hell would I do that? I like my DR on gouge right where it is, thank you.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it's actually very possible for a rogue to pop all cooldowns and kill someone in a stun right now

    just saying
    Oh yeah, never said it wasn't. but in a team right, that'd be your healers/lack of people peeling for you, or catching you with nothing to defend yourself. but nearly any dps can do the same thing right now.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why are rogues picked on? Because you assholes sap people 3 times before opening just because it annoys them and you get off on it. Because getting killed without control of your character is bullshit. Because rogues are overpowered in 1v1, and almost always have been, and that matters to players even if it does not to devs.
    I have to admit that I've done a sap and /dance a few times, then vanish...but it's so fun..

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire zanexlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    382
    Because people are ignorant and can't see beyond their own class.
    Yes, we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom.

  17. #17
    because rogues are beyond a basic level of OP atm and seem to have been buffed to god mode. Dying inside stuns is not fun or balanced

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Blitzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,261
    Mages, hunters and warriors get bitched at 10x more then rogues.

    Priests, Paladins and Shamans never get picked on

    Warlocks are just bullies

    Druids and monks are blah

    And everyone knows Death Knights are just ... Oh look at the time.

    I've never heard people really picking on rogues except the sap thing.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

    WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Jax [Paladin] -
    Vega [Rogue]

  19. #19
    Because bad players will bitch about anything, and they don't understand stealth, so rogues get a lot of QQ pretty constantly.

  20. #20
    "Sap 3 times" -- do you play a healer? Get in combat faster to avoid saps which they use to keep you from healing to win the game. Control =/= overpowered. There's plenty of ways to counter everything a Rogue can do and I'd much rather fight a gimp Warrior with Stealth options than most other classes right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •