Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Big cloak and dagger nerf on PTR!

Talents

Cloak and Dagger now allows you to use Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot from 20 yards away, down from 30.

Wow this was totally uncalled for. The one thing i don't like about shadowstep was it's 20 yard range. Now cloak and dagger has equally crappy range.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought shadowstep was 24? It was either this or reduce the CD on shadowstep imo, went with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I thought shadowstep was 24? It was either this or reduce the CD on shadowstep imo, went with this.
    25 yard.

I don't play PvP at all, but I guess cloak and dagger was indeed a bit too good. As been said though, I have no experience about using it in pvp and it is just my humble opinion.

Deleted
    With 20 yards we might as well walk up to the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ more, you won't even notice this. CaD's primary purposes are unharmed. You can still CaD after a blinked mage.. albeit you have to take 2 steps first. Big deal.

Don't realy like that talent so I don't mind the nerf, my rogue is starting to feel like a hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    QQ more, you won't even notice this. CaD's primary purposes are unharmed. You can still CaD after a blinked mage.. albeit you have to take 2 steps first. Big deal.
    Huge deal actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Huge deal actually.
    The first thing to do when you have a problem, is to look at it's cause. Perhaps you need to look into a mirror to see it, idk. It's clear to me though.

Infracted: flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-26 at 04:11 PM.

Yeah, this will ruin rogues completly. They will no longer be the top FotM!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

This really is a rather small nerf. The only true purpose of this talent is to stay on target during Shadowdance, you'll still be able to do that to every class other than Warriors who Heroic Leap away, although if you time it right you can still jump to them in mid air, so you'll still be able to stay on them too.

It's still lightyears ahead of Shadowstep in every offensive situation right now, the only way this talent won't be worth taking is if they change the metagame to be less bursty, or if they buff Shadowstep somehow.

Deleted
    This is a huge nerf as it will kill many jumps on z-axis.
    Also casters can lol more with aoe spamming since the radius where you can be was decreased by 1/3.

QQ more, you won't even notice this.
    The first thing to do when you have a problem, is to look at it's cause. Perhaps you need to look into a mirror to see it, idk. It's clear to me though.
    I like how you contradict yourself.

Deleted
    This is actually a significant nerf. C&D was arguably OP, but its effectiveness will be far weaker vs several classes. e.g getting gripped off the target, displacer beast, on accounts of the added movement speed, blink+blazing speed, disengage, Intervene, teleports and Leap of Faith will be more effective, probably some others. Sure, you might be able to catch your target after a little running, but remember the damage window for this ability.

wont be a huge effect for my rogue alt, 10 yards isnt a huge difference with the assorted other tools we got
    im just glad they havnt touched our other abilities for the moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    wont be a huge effect for my rogue alt, 10 yards isnt a huge difference with the assorted other tools we got
    im just glad they havnt touched our other abilities for the moment
    May not sound like much but 10 yards is a LOT. Even going from shadowstep 25 yards to C&D 30 yard is fairly noticable when you are used to the 30 yard range.

Will be much harder to land focus garrotes and cheap shots etc now and as poster above you said, escapes coupled with speed boosts and lag will definitely be felt big time when target gets out of range quickly.

Deleted
    Woah! Huge nerf! This changes everything

now remove subterfuge and rogues might not be totally out of control

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    now remove subterfuge and rogues might not be totally out of control
    That will change nothing. Rogues will just move to one of the other burstier talents and people will cry to nerf burst.

If you ask the community this is what would happen:

Sutrefuge reworked to only give 1 second of stealth.
    Ambush and Evsicerate straight 30% damage nerf.
    Cloak of shadows on 3 minute cooldown.
    Removal of preparation.
    Shadow dance moved to a 3 minute cooldown.

Pretty much anyone not a rogue will think this is a good list of future nerfs combined with the nerfs that are now on ptr. Only it will of course totally remove rogues from PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd get rid of it altogether and put in something useful for the other two specs as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Wish they'd get rid of it altogether and put in something useful for the other two specs as well.
    I see, so sabotage the one spec in order to make your own preferred spec better. Why not ask for a buff to one of the other abilities?