Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    all 3 specs need a revamp, almost everything is the same as it was since bc with a few exceptions. Ranged spec? i think rogues should stay melee with some ranged capabilities just like we are today. although what i would really love is making each spec unique, warlock revamp is a great example each spec is totally different than the other. And above all, our spells animation have to get something like poisons spatters or something.

and most of all i'd really like to see us do less passive damage. and pls bring back poison animation on the weapons (the dripping part) i miss it so much

Quote Originally Posted by sabrisx View Post
    I don't think a giant Tauren warrior in hulking masses of plate would freeze over a little pistol pellet :P
    I don't think a lil gnome warrior could take a hammer blow from ragnaros and live to tell the tale, but hey, game's nuts
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

another spec that makes the most sence to me is letting rogues be heal as bards.

A shadowstep spec... based on Nightcrawlers fighting in X2
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    all rogue specs play so similar might as well bake us into hunter class. Hunters would have marksman that doesnt use pets, beast master that uses pets and rogue that just does rogue stuff..

Tank spec.

The rogue as a tank just feels natural to me. A very agile leather tank with 2 1h slow weapons based on acrobatic moves with active defense based on parry and some reactive attacks when you parry. And on top of that some nice illusion tricks to give him some special flavor that no other class will have. I think it can be very interesting to play tank with real combo points in a very fast paced fashion where you have to keep up self bufs, debuffs, bake in some reactive attacks and make a wise use of your illusions (that will be somehow defensive CD's).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Tank spec.

The rogue as a tank just feels natural to me. A very agile leather tank with 2 1h slow weapons based on acrobatic moves with active defense based on parry and some reactive attacks when you parry. And on top of that some nice illusion tricks to give him some special flavor that no other class will have. I think it can be very interesting to play tank with real combo points in a very fast paced fashion where you have to keep up self bufs, debuffs, bake in some reactive attacks and make a wise use of your illusions (that will be somehow defensive CD's).
    I had a ton of ideas for a rogue tank a few years back. Had them posted in a thread and everything. 3/4 of them ended up on monk. The only unique ideas I have left revolve around a "shadow" system, similar to the ninja from FFXI. Keeping stacks of shadows up to avoid damage. They'd get hit a little harder than other tanks but they'd also be avoiding more damage in the long run, etc etc.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-05-13 at 12:50 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Tank spec.

the problem with rogue tanking comes from an ideological level. the rogue is someone who lives in the shadows. he is a thief, an assassing, a spy, et cetera. in the end, it's best for him not to draw any unwanted attention because he's a shady fellow.

if the enemy knows the rogue is there, the rogue is doing it wrong.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

How about a fucking spec that gives us a raid buff.

I just want them to fix the current specs....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the problem with rogue tanking comes from an ideological level. the rogue is someone who lives in the shadows. he is a thief, an assassing, a spy, et cetera. in the end, it's best for him not to draw any unwanted attention because he's a shady fellow.

if the enemy knows the rogue is there, the rogue is doing it wrong.
    That's one interpretation of the Rogue archetype, but it is not the only. Consider Combat, a spec which can effectively disregard stealth. Combat is more of a swashbukling Han Solo type than an assassin, a dirty close quarters fighter using every advantage at hand. Similar to Duelists and such.

Combat is also the "bandit" type.

What were bandits in Warcraft III like?

Note the shields (bucklers).

Bucklers were also an item type distinct from shields in the Vanilla Alpha-- essentially agility statted shields used by Rogues and Hunters.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Note the shields (bucklers).

Bucklers were also an item type distinct from shields in the Vanilla Alpha-- essentially agility statted shields used by Rogues and Hunters.
    The bandits in Warcraft 3 are just that...generic bandits. They're more warrior than rogue. Just because they're wearing leather doesn't automatically make them rogues...in fact I think the bandit chiefs wear plate.

I envision a rogue tank simply tanking with two daggers. We're the only class that uses agility daggers, might as well use em on our fourth spec as well.

Something focuses only shadow magic...

Deleted
    An hybrid spec(dps/heal or dps/tank) but I don't know if this could easily fit in the current raiding environment.

Tank spec.

most of what you said here could be used to describe brewmaster

OT: A melee dps spec that uses shadow magic or "Deadeye" spec which uses Bows, xbows, and guns.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

anything that blows people up seems good to me or a great cc spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume when adding a spec to a class it needs to stay within the classes ideology.
    Rogues have been defined as stealthy backstabbers - but have also be described as swashbucklers - and in other genres also been described as a jack-of-all-trades being able to use any device magical or otherwise.

So if we were to add a new spec or replace an old spec, I would go with "Spell Thief".

Specialization: Spell Thief
    Style: Varies (DPS)
    Primary Stat: Agility.
    Featured Abilities:
    Borrow - You copy target ally's specialization and key spells. Your own Strength, Agility and Intellect swap places to match how your targets.

Copy - For the next X seconds you copy all abilities used by your targeted ally. You are unable to use your own abilties but control your movement only when the abilities being used don't have a cast time.

Barrage - For the next X seconds, whenever an allies within 40ft makes a ranged attack or casts a ranged spell, you also do the same instantly. Attacks and spells cast this way are cast independent of your other actions and do only 30% of the original's damage.

Substitute - All spells which can target only allies and only 1 player, cast within 40ft are also cast on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuriken Master.
    Specializes in thrown weapons such as ninja stars and throwing knifes.