Thread: Tokens in 10m

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tokens in 10m

10m loot notoriously goes to waste because it's only 2 pieces and there are many many more specs/types/etc. than 10. Plus extra gear of a certain type goes to waste because usually only 1-2 people need gear of that type rather than 4+ in 25m.

I haven't done the math but I've noticed that ~25% of our gearing up in 10m is due to the gold coin rolls.....anyone else notice what a big impact these have? With valor + gold coin + random loot from failbags, is it a bad thing that *so* much of our upgrades *don't* come from bosses? It's a bit underwhelming sometimes.

I agree,

I believe that with 10 man loot, there should be a filter that is applied to boss drops when you enter the raid that will pick up if for example there are no Shamans, but there is a hunter, and due to this, no Intellect mail drops at all, as it would go to complete waste.

Something like this can surely be implemented as we have a similar system in LFR, and now they are introducing the choice of Spec system, where people can queue as a tank, but be eligible to get DPS gear.

my 2 cents.

the tier token drops are also a problem , my raid for example has 4 or 5 conqueror wearers and since 5.2 started we didnt have a SINGLE conq piece drop , 000000000000000 like WTF

We have the same problem in my 10m group, a lot of the gear we get ends up getting disenchanted and people usually end up getting more off of coins then anything else. It is mainly because of the loot tables for each boss this tier are so huge and have a lot of gear for the same slots. As an example why do we need 3 plate intellect chest,legs and gloves not including the tier pieces since those can be used by others in the same raid. It is like this with every class/spec combination which is a lot of wasted loot and also lowers the chance of getting what you want. This makes coins a lot more effective because the chance of you getting what you need off of a boss in 10m is so low.

My guild is having the same issue. Week after week we get int-leather. No one in our group comp can use it <_<
    My group is average ilvl 495-500. In the last week we've gotten 4 upgrades off of about 15-20 kills, the rest are all waste. It's really getting to the point of absurdity.

well we got like 12 shaman token's our shaman was the first one to obtain the full set of t15 twice .....
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I'm the only member of my raid on the Vanquisher token. In compliance with Murphy's law, about 70% of our tokens are Vanquishers. Most of them wind up getting vendored at this point, which is pretty depressing on all sides. We actually got our first Conqueror token the night before last from Dark Animus, which considering we've got three priests, two paladins and a warlock at this point, was pretty awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conqueror pieces are kinda scarce in our loot as well. Vanquisher drop like candy. Protector needers don't have anything to complain about really.

And Blizz seems to think that I should be enhance... because they keep throwing agi-mail at us, and we don't have a hunter.

I have 3 pieces from drops (2 are from trash), 3 valor items and the rest are coins, I only miss 2 522 items

it's stupid how mandatory coins are, especially in a 10 man, I would be several ilvls below what I am now if I didn't grind dailies every week and our second tank would also be in worse gear since he wouldn't have gotten some of the gear I could pass on due to getting similar or better from coins

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    10m loot notoriously goes to waste because it's only 2 pieces and there are many many more specs/types/etc. than 10. Plus extra gear of a certain type goes to waste because usually only 1-2 people need gear of that type rather than 4+ in 25m.
    Unfortunately, it's just one of those things you have to deal with unless you can get a better variety classes. Though one thing they did this expansion, which is quite helpful for gear that can't be used is when you d/e it you get the crafting reagent needed for the new patterns of the tier. So while a piece may not be good at the moment you can d/e a few pieces and give the reagent to someone to have their boots/helms crafted this tier if they need it. This provides another source other than Valor to get a couple upgrades out.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG i've done both 25 and 10 and i've seen a boss drop 3 peices of same loot in 25 which get DE'd because the one person in the raid that could have used it...had it...even as an OS. Im happy with how much loot i've been getting while our ret pally has no love with drops. Gearing up shouldn't be a breeze OP. The adjustable loot tables will bring more problems than solutions because people will stack groups with two types of classes to get one-two people geared out and repeat the process. If you DE 522 loot at least you are getting haunting spirits to craft BiS boots!

Conqueror has a lower droprate afaik because thats the only token with 3 classes. Kind of sucked when we used 2 priests, 2 paladins and 2 warlocks in alot of our raids in my last guild. In T14 some people had full OS tiersets while I didnt even have 4/5 bonus on my MS. But ye, random loot is random.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Unfortunately, it's just one of those things you have to deal with unless you can get a better variety classes. Though one thing they did this expansion, which is quite helpful for gear that can't be used is when you d/e it you get the crafting reagent needed for the new patterns of the tier. So while a piece may not be good at the moment you can d/e a few pieces and give the reagent to someone to have their boots/helms crafted this tier if they need it. This provides another source other than Valor to get a couple upgrades out.
    Have to agree with this. You may not like it, but MMO includes the words "massive" and "multiplayer". Hence, larger groups are generally rewarded a bit better than smaller ones, even if those rewards are only in their chances of getting more useful items. And before you go flaming me, I'm a 10 man raider. Always have been and probably always will be. Also, for the record, 25-man raids get useless gear too. Sometimes they get 3 of the same intellect plate item and they only have 1 or 2 holy pallies in the group. RNG happens. Deal with it.

For tokens specifically, my raid has 5 people on protector tokens. We deal with it. You can augment tier tokens quite easier from LFR if your set bonus is worth it, so complaining about that probably means you just don't care enough to get your gear to begin with. Besides, where in the game rules does it say you have to get your 4-set in the first 2 weeks of raiding a tier? I've never gotten mine that fast. Hell, I was 1 of 2 people in my raid on conqueror tokens in Firelands, and we were something like 4/7 heroic before I got my full set. I repeat, random is random, deal with it.

On top of that, something to consider. If you're killing bosses that seem to drop a lot of useless loot, its probably because your raid doesn't need much from them anymore. If you're at that point, you probably need to progress onto some new bosses rather than killing the same ones week after week. New bosses = new loot, and new loot is more often than not, useful loot.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-04-25 at 06:05 PM.

I'm not opposed to RNG- not every boss drop needs to be usable. I'm saying that some of the excitement of killing a boss is to see that loot drop and figuring out who gets it. I guess that element still exists with the bonus loot roll. It's just a question about where does gearing come from- bonus loot rolls, valor, boss drops, crafting etc. Is it too out of whack against boss drops?

I actually kind of like it where it is right now....gearing in normal mode definitely comes from a lot of sources. For heroics though there's no valor or crafting or heroic rare drops from bags. So- I've noticed that we're actually gearing pretty heavily from bonus loot rolls.

I love the bonus loot rolls, but shouldn't it be the other way? 75% boss drops, 25% bonus rolls for example....not the other way around.

vanquisher...
    every
    single
    night...

10+ Year Old Account
    From the handful of thunderforged items we got so far about 75% were ranged weapons. And as you might have guessed by now we don't have a hunter.

The extra roll is definitely helpful. I've received ~25% of the gear I am wearing from extra rolls. The reduction from 90 to 50 lesser charms was a welcome change too. One full clear of Isle dailies net about 25 charms and take 20-30 minutes for me. I don't really mind dailies, but haven't had a lot of time lately. Doing about 1 hour of dailies per lockout doesn't seem too bad.

We've also received a lot of useless loot. We've given a few away for off-specs, but mostly disenchant them for the Haunted Spirits. A lot of the crafted gear is near BiS for most classes so we've crafted a few pieces for key members.

Wasted loot is intentional in 10-man. RNG keeps you playing.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Always have the one for four classes, like 8 times out of 10, not kidding.

When we have another one its like a legendary loot.

So many items go to waste or second spec, although most of us still need a lot of gear.. It's frustrating.

don't worry 10man, i raid 25 hc and we have 0 piece of int mail dropping so far, only won 4 items from coins, all 4 items are cloaks, so with 11 heroic kills = 66 hc drops all 3 caster shaman have 0 hc items.

rng can suck total balls in 25 as well, oh ye also twins dropped 10 prot helms in 4 weeks, so conq/vanq users basically can't get tier head for a while with like 7 raiding druids, 3 mages, 2 dks, 2 rogues.