Conquering the whole of Europe, and colonizing guam

What does the community at MMO-C think of the Europa Universalis series?
    Honestly its turned me into a shameless imperialist(kid).
    But I have nothing but praise for this game...grand scale at its finest...Feels amazing when you grab hold of a small country and turn it into something amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKK2WMSBzCQ

It's a great series that is often overlooked due to the learning curve and the lack of flashy graphics. Each new game is a must play for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's a great series that is often overlooked due to the learning curve and the lack of flashy graphics. Each new game is a must play for me though.
    Good to see im not the only one. Personally i've never played hearts of iron III intensely, but by far my favorite is eu3 just because of its middle-of-the-road sort of approach. Vicky 2 and CK2 are easily tied.
    Honestly I disagree that the curve is great. Ive taught friends to play the game within 3 hours. Its a matter of dedication and using reasoning in your decisions. Tutorials are terrible though i must admit.

And on the topic of the developers... i have yet to see a development team that goes into such great detail of times politics. Its beyond amazing.
    Last edited by Skullslasher; 2013-04-25 at 05:39 PM.

Most people don't want to deal with a 3 hour learning curve though, I've tried getting people I know interested in the series to no avail. EU4 is coming out soon as well, pretty excited about that.