Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rogue BoE Weapons are weak

    Yet another sign that blizzard isn't a fan of rogues.....

    They have 1h & 2h 502 BoE Axes, Maces, and Swords, yet not a single crafted dagger or fist higher than 463......

    Its like we have been treated like a red headed step child this expansion only because we were given a legendary in Cataclysm.

    Mod note: please leave discussion to the status of available weapons for rogues, and not the idea that rogues are somehow hated by Blizzard - the latter is naturally a flame-fest, and posts/threads indicating that are not likely to ever produce anything useful. -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-26 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #2
    So? Make your twink another spec... If this was launch MoP and there wasn't a crafted blue dagger, that might matter, but those new 502s are just for twinking alts. You are going to need to either pvp or lfr/raid for the rest of your gear anyway. And its not like there aren't rogue usable ones...

  3. #3
    Problem with LFR / Raiding is the drops rates and RNG are absolutely horrendous. I have had approximately 80-90 chances between loot drops and rolls between my 2 90 rogues (Alli and Horde) and have had 2 daggers drop between both Normals and Heroics, 1 on each rogue. Its ridiculous. I'm rocking a 463 OH dagger right now because no other dagger will drop.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,370
    welcome to the club im still stuck with a 463 bow simply because of bad luck
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  5. #5
    Yet another sign that blizzard isn't a fan of rogues....
    Please.

    10ch

    Infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-26 at 04:24 PM.

  6. #6
    They dislike them so much not less then a year ago they went and did something they said dozens of times they would never do to bribe people into playing them. When they gave rogues their own legendary quest line it was in an effort to drag out every single flavor of the month player and their buddies to jump on the rogue band wagon and hope some stayed on it. Rogues got the most boa MoP wpns also. Sure that helps little now but just because you have had a hard time finding a weapon it isn't Blizzards fault that rng isn't in your favor. There has to be some sort of limit to ways they allow one class to get wpns that only they would use.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by pureallstar3482 View Post
    Yet another sign that blizzard isn't a fan of rogues.....
    really?

    in my experience rogues are usually very well represented in competitive play and one of the most formidable classes in this game's history.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pureallstar3482 View Post
    Problem with LFR / Raiding is the drops rates and RNG are absolutely horrendous. I have had approximately 80-90 chances between loot drops and rolls between my 2 90 rogues (Alli and Horde) and have had 2 daggers drop between both Normals and Heroics, 1 on each rogue. Its ridiculous. I'm rocking a 463 OH dagger right now because no other dagger will drop.

    RNG is as the name implies random. I have done Nalak twice rolling 3 time and got my pve gloves and pants and a pvp ring. I have also only done LFR to do each wing and I have recieved 2 pieces of loot or more each time I fought the 3 bosses in a group. Sometimes it rains loot others it pours disappointment.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pureallstar3482 View Post
    Problem with LFR / Raiding is the drops rates and RNG are absolutely horrendous. I have had approximately 80-90 chances between loot drops and rolls between my 2 90 rogues (Alli and Horde) and have had 2 daggers drop between both Normals and Heroics, 1 on each rogue. Its ridiculous. I'm rocking a 463 OH dagger right now because no other dagger will drop.
    Go combat? The fact that you can't get a 2nd dagger and are hell bent on playing 1 our of our 3 specs doesn't mean blizzard hates rogues. If the rest of your gear is up to par, especially if you have 4pc (even lfr ilvl). Now equal situation, assassination will win, but 463 OH... But seriously, anyone with a 463 that says they have been trying to get a weapon that long will get no sympathy from me. Theres 498 weapons you could have got by now and 35 ilvls is worth more than your secondary stat by a mile.

  10. #10
    Rogues are one of the strongest melee classes overall in ToT. Your RNG isn't a reflection of the class.

  11. #11
    im still using my spirit sever normal version upgraded twice and dagger of the seven stars also upgraded twice which dropped first id from stoneguards several months and boss kills later im still using them because there are only 3 daggers dropping from 12 bosses
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  12. #12
    Rogues are amazing, RNG does not reflect the class.

  13. #13
    To be fair their company logo is blue, and rouge is quite the opposite.

    Oh, you meant rogue?

    No, Rogues are fine, just do LFR and get a 502 dagger, it isn't rocket science, you need to do LFR for every other piece of gear anyway.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    because there are only 3 daggers dropping from 12 bosses
    Valid point, but how many daggers do you want dropping from 3 bosses? Rogues are the only class that uses agi daggers, so not like all 12 are gonna be dropping something that only 1 class uses...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Valid point, but how many daggers do you want dropping from 3 bosses? Rogues are the only class that uses agi daggers, so not like all 12 are gonna be dropping something that only 1 class uses...
    Weapons have always been the most important upgrade for a character, especially melee.
    Maybe it is time they introduced something similar to the tier tokens, i.e a token that can dop fom more than 1 boss, and which can be handed in for a weapon of you choice.

    A second solution could be to remove secondary stats from weapons and make them purely about speed and damage.
    You could maybe introduce more gemslots on weapons to compensate.
    Hell maybe even a special gemslot that allows you to add more stats than usual (a bit like the legenday gem)

    Third solution is what they did in sunwell, i.e you have a certain piece, you add a sunmote, and you hand both in for another piece.
    People can be whoever they choose to be on the internet - It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

    every time I see someone mentioning the word "rouge" I get the urge to say "yes, we are overpowdered"...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pureallstar3482 View Post
    Yet another sign that blizzard isn't a fan of rogues.....

    They have 1h & 2h 502 BoE Axes, Maces, and Swords, yet not a single crafted dagger or fist higher than 463......

    Its like we have been treated like a red headed step child this expansion only because we were given a legendary in Cataclysm.
    Daggers I understand, but there's a boe 502 sword for Combat. Doesn't have to be a fist, that's just being picky.

    And technically, there's a boe 480 dagger from christmas.

  17. #17
    that token idea from patcherke sounds interresting i would total do that ecause it's so frustrating wearing old weapons while everyone of my group got their 522 versions already
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  18. #18
    Just reroll warlock they seem to be the next FOTM

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    that token idea from patcherke sounds interresting i would total do that ecause it's so frustrating wearing old weapons while everyone of my group got their 522 versions already
    Forget a token, they should just let you exchange the other agi weapons for a dagger with identical stats so long as the weapon is still in the tradable window. They should also do the same with bows and agi staves/polearms. The token idea worked fine in sunwell, but that was mainly to offer a larger variety of loot for those with loot to spare as sun motes crafted bis items (compared to spirits which craft nice stuff, but hardly bis). The situation now is that since the design has changed to supporting all specs so that they can be viable, we are flooded by too large of a variety and we want a smaller variety of dropped loot so that we can get extremely important stuff like weapons.

    But really, discussing better ways weapon drops coulda been handled isn't really important. The OP is just whining that rogues don't have even more 502 boe epics to choose from as he opts to use a 463 blue instead of a 498 (or potentially higher). From the perspective of other classes, why should rogues get even more weapons to choose from? It isn't like hunters get 2 choices...

  20. #20
    Everyone is completely missing the point.....its not about bad drop rates etc. Its the fact that ALL other melee classes have an alternative to bad RNG. They can buy a 522 BoE weapon. Rogues do not have that option. I have since won 2 502 LFR daggers, and am greatly pleased that it has changed, but the fact remains, they are the only melee class that can't get a 522 BoE weapon.

    EDIT: Sorry, this isn't exactly the case as Enhancement Shaman really can't get viable 522 BoE weapons either that I know of.

    Also, you say the representation is there.....look at the population stats. Rogues are the lowest played class in the game and have been since the beginning of WotLK. Their representation spiked when the legendary quest line came out, but went right back down after it. The fact is, this class is not attractive for some reason and blizzard hasn't done anything to fix that. Especially considering our class has scaled poorly since Lich King and they still haven't corrected it. They put in small fixes each expansion rather than correct the issue.

    Lastly, Combat is hardly competitive at 485-490 ilvls. The only fights it used to even be considered worth doing as combat were cleave fights. Now that they nerfed our cleave, it only becomes viable again with 502-522 gear and, even then, Assassination wins out.
    Last edited by pureallstar3482; 2013-04-29 at 03:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •