Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

State of shamans dps role's

Hello
    What is the state of shamans dps roles?
    Is elemental better than enhancement in dps or should you go as elemental because you bring so many buffs with you?
    Is it true enhancement are so weak in raids, since they dont bring anything but their damage and a off heal now and then?
    So what is the state of the two speccs, I think many ask themselves the same question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both have good dps and utility but its looking like t15 favors range and cleave which favors ele.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Enh and ele bring almost same buffs only diff is enh brin melee haste Ele bring spell haste
    Enh and Ele are good in dps , 99% of people who said that they sux have no the hell clue how they work or is most time thing like "friend of friend who play in WotLk said that shamans wre sux then so probably sux now to"

Ele shaman bring Good burst , insane AoE and good off heals
    Enh bring insane burst and insane off heal is people stack

and both dps spec are valiable but have higer skill req then most people think

Deleted
    Generally both speccs are in middle of pack, while ench buffed in 5.3. Do not expect to top meters with shamans (unless it's cleave fight and you are elemental). It is true Shamans bring many buffs (mastery, spell power, stormlash, BL, windwalk occasionally etc.) so they are totally worth spot on raid, but again if it comes to ego-penises on recount go mage.

Im leveling up a shaman (now is 87) and i cant choose a spec ench and ele are too fun, but who is better in 10 man raid? Ele or ench? I left the other for second spec (YAY A PURE DPS SHAMAN). help please Thank you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Im leveling up a shaman (now is 87) and i cant choose a spec ench and ele are too fun, but who is better in 10 man raid? Ele or ench? I left the other for second spec (YAY A PURE DPS SHAMAN). help please Thank you :P

To be honest, neither one is represented that much in 10 man. Not that they're bad at all, just that they share the same spot as a dps that can do much more than them(enh share the same raid spot as rogues/ww monks and assassination is insane atm.) That being said I see a few guilds looking for ele shammies, none looking for enh. This changes in 25man, however, and dps shamans are represented much more there.

Most of the time in 10 mans, I see an ele shaman who's actually the third healer when they need 1.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Enh and ele bring almost same buffs only diff is enh brin melee haste Ele bring spell haste
    Enh and Ele are good in dps , 99% of people who said that they sux have no the hell clue how they work or is most time thing like "friend of friend who play in WotLk said that shamans wre sux then so probably sux now to"

Ele shaman bring Good burst , insane AoE and good off heals
    Enh bring insane burst and insane off heal is people stack

and both dps spec are valiable but have higer skill req then most people think
    Just to qualify this last statement, on Raden when the damage ramped up and I started healing as enh over the period I was healing I did 150k HPS (pretty sure I did around the same during the Fist Smash phase of Qon as well). The healer above me did 165k (our resto shaman was closer to 200k). There is insane potential here to drop healers in fights IF a phase supports Healing Rain stacking. The MQ change in 5.3 will make our heals even stronger.

For reference, LB is around 9-10% of my damage so you're talking about a relatively small DPS loss for a massive, massive increase in healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Just to qualify this last statement, on Raden when the damage ramped up and I started healing as enh over the period I was healing I did 150k HPS (pretty sure I did around the same during the Fist Smash phase of Qon as well). The healer above me did 165k (our resto shaman was closer to 200k). There is insane potential here to drop healers in fights IF a phase supports Healing Rain stacking. The MQ change in 5.3 will make our heals even stronger.

For reference, LB is around 9-10% of my damage so you're talking about a relatively small DPS loss for a massive, massive increase in healing.
    idd in shordt way Enh heling rain >Resto Heling rain , on IQ last phase HC i do more HPS as enh then healers in my raid in cost of like 4% max of dps

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental is in a very niche spot right now. They have extremely strong cleave damage due to Chain Lightning and they are very sought after because of the caster buff. Their other plus, is that they are ranged. However because a lot of the fights this tier are cleave fights, their single target DPS issues are not as prevalent.

Enhance on the other hand, I think is in a fairly decent spot single target wise, yet because we suffer on fights that require cleave damage due to the lackluster AoE, we have been falling behind on some fights. This tier (along with pretty much every tier lately) is very anti Melee and Ive found it very difficult to get a spot as melee unless youre a Rogue or a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Ugh. Stop saying "Ench". Its ENHancement.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-04-27 at 09:01 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Ugh. Stop saying "Ench". Its ENHancement.
    Where did this trend even come from.. I don't understand why so many insist on saying ench...

Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    Where did this trend even come from.. I don't understand why so many insist on saying ench...
    The old "enchance shaman/enchantment shaman" typo. :P

Gogo Enchance for 5.3 xD

Deleted

with ancestral guidance?

in general for this post is that elemental shamans (i can't speak for enhancement) is definetly behind when it comes to single target dps, but it has some strengths which can often justify it being picked for a raid spot.

I'm elemental with resto offspec, running 10 man. My guild will not let me swap to resto due to the loss of DPS they'd need to cover. Even on fights where I shouldn't be all that high I'm finishing top 3, and in the majority of fights I'm finishing #1 (yes, single target). Usually the logic follows that "you must run with terrible DPS", but from my perspective elemental is outstanding right now.

Deleted
    Clearly if you outdps mages/warlocks/rogues on fights like Magaera/Dark Animus then it's their fault, not state of elemental :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rowl View Post
    with ancestral guidance?

in general for this post is that elemental shamans (i can't speak for enhancement) is definetly behind when it comes to single target dps, but it has some strengths which can often justify it being picked for a raid spot.
    Using Healing Rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with my Enhance Shaman DPS.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Using Healing Rain.
    i assume you use conductivity then, and HR is only 1 GCD because of maelstrom, i can see that happen.

Idk about him, but I use AG anyway.

Healing Storm glyph makes our healing rain WAY stronger than resto's to begin with. THEN factor in random trinket/weapon enchant procs.

I've had 40k healing rain TICKS. PER TARGET.

I've done 40k HPS over the course of the ENTIRE FIGHT on Magaera and Iron Qon. Used to do the same antics (albeit lower gear back then, so lower healing done) on Feng the Accursed and Tsulong night phase.

And you lose less than 10% dps doing so.

Enhance is, by far, the strongest raid offhealer in the game... for the fights where healing rain is functional.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Off topic, but as a curiosity, for the fights where you guys are using conductivity/HR, for stack-based healing, are you guys sticking with spring blossoms flask, or are you going with the haste elixir?

I'm not even sure if the haste elixir's 750 haste translates into faster (more) enhancement healing rain ticks. Does it?