Atheism is now anti-Christianity?

ps: this thread is not about bashing religion

Something that makes no sense to me is how atheists now seems to focus only on Christianity.
    People criticize and make fun of Christianity constantly, but not Islam. Hate towards Christians is accepted, but never towards Muslims.
    People are furious at Christianity for not tolerating gays, but no one expects Islam to tolerate gays.
    Everything that makes people hate Christianity, is ignored in Islam.

In fact, Muslims are viewed as victims, because "everyone thinks they are terrorists", while Christians are hated because "they don't believe in evolution" or something similar, which is no different in Islam.
    It has become "cool" to tolerate Muslims, like everyone else with their victim card.

(and I'm an atheist btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, Islam is a lost cause. Criticizing their beliefs gets us nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people start trying to pass laws in the US based on the Quran rather then the Bible you'll see atheists being against it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    My preferred self-explanatory term is "Apatheist", because I literally couldn't give a shit about what someone's religious beliefs are, as long as they're not complete wankers. I'm sort of forced to use this term largely because "Atheist" has become associated with the likes of Dawkins, and don't get me wrong, smart man, but I disagree with his idea of constantly attacking Religion. I'll happily use their own book to thump them over the head if they try and use it to justify something I disagree with, but otherwise I prefer to operate under a "Live and let live" policy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are more scared of annoying the Muslims. If more of Christianity acted out in violent ways many people would be scared to mess with them too.

I think it's more to do with the fact that in the West, atheists are exposed to Christian beliefs more frequently and openly. It's more likely to see their opinions in the media or in person, than muslims. I also personally find muslims to be more reserved when it comes to preaching.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    My preferred self-explanatory term is "Apatheist", because I literally couldn't give a shit about what someone's religious beliefs are, as long as they're not complete wankers. I'm sort of forced to use this term largely because "Atheist" has become associated with the likes of Dawkins, and don't get me wrong, smart man, but I disagree with his idea of constantly attacking Religion. I'll happily use their own book to thump them over the head if they try and use it to justify something I disagree with, but otherwise I prefer to operate under a "Live and let live" policy.
    I think you'll find a lot of atheists are like this, just like a lot of Christians and other religious people don't constantly attack nonbelievers.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of religion here, bashing or not bashing, it's simply not allowed.

Closing.