10+ Year Old Account

What do I need to go Affliction?

Hey guys,

My alt is a Destro/Aff Warlock, and I was hearing a lot of talk about folks swapping to Aff when they got two RPPM trinkets. Is there also a gear threshold behind this, do I need a certain iLvl breakpoint as well?
    I'm enjoying Destro so far, and I feel like I'm putting out competitive numbers, timing Int procs with DS and CBs make the spec pretty cool, but I digress.
    Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Sunsets/ (iLvl 500 but only 1 RPPM trinket)
    Assuming I get the trinket from Council or Meg, is it safe to say I can go Aff and regem for Haste, or do I need more work? Or can I swap now with 1 RPPM trinket?
    Also, would I see a higher damage yield by making this change?

Sorry for all the questions!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Solarflair; 2013-04-25 at 09:36 PM.
    #TeamHunter

Deleted
    You have no RPPM trinkets?

If you enjoy playing destro just stick with it. I personally hate destro and as a result my dps as destro was worse than demo/affliction even though destro is theoretically the best with lower gear. I am currently running demo/affliction.

The Shado-Pan Assault trinket is not RPPM, it's an ICD trinket.

That being said, Affliction is more than viable at your item level.

Viable and strongest are two very different things. Generally for aff to pass destro it needs the legendary meta and 2x RPPM trinkets. Ideally hydra + either UVLS or Wush. You pretty much stack haste through the roof and run superiority on most fights (ji kun nest duty sac obviously). Fel Imp for target swap fights, observer for fights you can park the pet on a single (fully debuffed) target. Hitting 9211 haste for another corruption tick also isn't bad but may be tough till you get to 520'ish ilvl.

Aff is plenty viable sooner just dest may do more damage. Its really dependent on what you play well. If you get a UVLS though you need to try demo. It completely makes the spec but I digress. If you are going to mainspec aff gem for haste/hit, pure haste, or int/haste. If you are destro run int centric gems (int/hit, int/xxx, pure int).

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Viable and strongest are two very different things. Generally for aff to pass destro it needs the legendary meta and 2x RPPM trinkets. Ideally hydra + either UVLS or Wush. You pretty much stack haste through the roof and run superiority on most fights (ji kun nest duty sac obviously). Fel Imp for target swap fights, observer for fights you can park the pet on a single (fully debuffed) target. Hitting 9211 haste for another corruption tick also isn't bad but may be tough till you get to 520'ish ilvl.

Aff is plenty viable sooner just dest may do more damage. Its really dependent on what you play well. If you get a UVLS though you need to try demo. It completely makes the spec but I digress. If you are going to mainspec aff gem for haste/hit, pure haste, or int/haste. If you are destro run int centric gems (int/hit, int/xxx, pure int).
    Nailed it on the head,...viable and strongest really are two different things. If you don't have the Meta and two RPPM trinkets Destro is just going to do more dmg (until you can hit ~522+ilvl). At the moment I swapped to Destro since HM Horridon and HM Ji-Kun are two Heroics that crazy burst AOE is needed which is Destro's strongsuit and my Aff sims are about 10k less than Destro, can't turn that down during progression :/. As soon as I get the Meta and two set (I actually have no tier,...fml) I am pretty sure that Affliction will come out on top and hopefully I don't need to ever spec change again lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Hey guys,

My alt is a Destro/Aff Warlock, and I was hearing a lot of talk about folks swapping to Aff when they got two RPPM trinkets. Is there also a gear threshold behind this, do I need a certain iLvl breakpoint as well?
    I'm enjoying Destro so far, and I feel like I'm putting out competitive numbers, timing Int procs with DS and CBs make the spec pretty cool, but I digress.
    Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Sunsets/ (iLvl 500 but only 1 RPPM trinket)
    Assuming I get the trinket from Council or Meg, is it safe to say I can go Aff and regem for Haste, or do I need more work? Or can I swap now with 1 RPPM trinket?
    Also, would I see a higher damage yield by making this change?

Sorry for all the questions!
    Thanks
    This is getting to be insane. Play affliction if you want to. People played afflic just fine in heroic blues. At 463 ilvl. Affliction wasn't nerfed to the ground. Now it's "Swapping when you get 2 rppm trinkets"? Pretty dumb.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G