Urgent qn - Racials on Horde

Hey guys,

I am server transferring and race changing in about a day's time to horde. I've read Endus' and Gistwiki's threads, saying that the racials are

Troll >=Orc>panda>goblin

First:
    1. He also states that the difference is "0.3%". May I know if this 0.3% is between troll and orc's racials, or you mean troll vs goblin (the 'worst') racial?

I know people will say it doesn't matter unless you're in a top 10 guild - and actually it kinda is (top 10 Oceanic :P) and we're pushing Heroic progression. So every bit helps

I am also a bit worried about the troll - although berserking is the best, I do have a qn regarding it:
    2. How do you use berserking? I know using under Heroism is BAD, and also if I do get 4-set tier 15 and even the legendary meta, it causes a lot of haste GCD capping issues.

Here is the thread I made the other week with some responses:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-resto-shaman

Personally I am not in a top guild, but I like to min/max. From a Resto perspective i concluded if i want an extra tick on HTT go Troll, if I want to reduce the amount of haste to reach haste caps by go Goblin (3764 non goblin, 3306 goblin for 2 ticks of HST & 1 extra tick of HTT) and I kinda ruled out the other races and went troll as i saw the extra tick as the most valuable Obviously other people may disagree etc, but I am happy with my choice.

Would help if you detailed which spec you will be playing, 10/25 man, do you also play your OS a lot during raiding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Here is the thread I made the other week with some responses:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-resto-shaman

Personally I am not in a top guild, but I like to min/max. From a Resto perspective i concluded if i want an extra tick on HTT go Troll, if I want to reduce the amount of haste to reach haste caps by go Goblin (3764 non goblin, 3306 goblin for 2 ticks of HST & 1 extra tick of HTT) and I kinda ruled out the other races and went troll as i saw the extra tick as the most valuable Obviously other people may disagree etc, but I am happy with my choice.

Would help if you detailed which spec you will be playing, 10/25 man, do you also play your OS a lot during raiding etc.
    My fault.

25 Man, and Elemental Shaman. I dont play OS a lot.

Imo orc is best but it can change from tier to tier. You get more from orc using PE but either way i see the sp buff working better right now

If you know you will BL at the beginning, delay Berserking until BL wears off.

Only bad thing with this is that you will not get Ascendance and Berserking in sync anymore unless you delay either one.

Without checking the interwebz I believe that Troll was pretty strong due to the 5% extra damage done to beasts and ToT has quite a few beast bosses. I remember reading some discussions on there about when is the optimal time to use beserking etc.

So my conclusion (without researching this) would be what is more valuable the +sp racial or Beserking plus 5% beast damage? To which it has to be the troll racial. Again, is probably best if you have a look around on these forums for some discussion about 'when is the optimal time to use beserking' and other relevant we sites.

Sorry i could not be as specific as you probably wanted.

Personally i'd say Orc is best currently.

Blood fury pretty much lines up with every Ascendance if you got the 4pc and Berserking losing a bit of power because of the Meta Gem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Blood fury pretty much lines up with every Ascendance if you got the 4pc and Berserking losing a bit of power because of the Meta Gem.
    This so much.

Without T15 4pc and the legendary meta Berserking is the boss all the way. T15 4pc turns the scales a bit more to Blood Furys favor, not sure if making it the best. But with Legendary meta and T15 4pc Blood Fury is way beyond Berserking. (the gap isn't that great in the big picture, but alot when you look only racials.)

Racials will definitely get changed again soonish, so don't go trolls if you hate their looks but only want their racial.

That miniscule increase in damage the current troll cooldown provides is nothing compared to hating your character for looking really shitty and having 2 giant toes instead of boots...

For horde shaman go Orc, either male or female (both look amazing in set armor) and u wont be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Without checking the interwebz I believe that Troll was pretty strong due to the 5% extra damage done to beasts and ToT has quite a few beast bosses. I remember reading some discussions on there about when is the optimal time to use beserking etc.

So my conclusion (without researching this) would be what is more valuable the +sp racial or Beserking plus 5% beast damage? To which it has to be the troll racial. Again, is probably best if you have a look around on these forums for some discussion about 'when is the optimal time to use beserking' and other relevant we sites.

Sorry i could not be as specific as you probably wanted.
    I thought Orc's get 5% more pet damage.....or do you mean something else? I don't remember if that counts for more Elem damage too but I remember Orc's were preferred for Enhance cause of more Feral Spirit damage plus expertise on axe/fist.....and free AP/SP trinket.

For Casters, usually Troll is the preferred cause of bezerker....I read in GC's blue posts that they are doing something to LvB (my guess is increasing the cast time) so blust/hero and other haste CD's don't get devalued quickly cause you can reach the gcd cap of 1sec much faster with the current 1.5 sec LvB.....if they increase LvB cast time to boost haste value then bezerker will prob be even better and can be used in more situations.

I would go Female Orc for Enhancer, and Female Troll for Resto/Elem for PVE......I like how the armor looks in those female models and the racials seem to be the best. For PVP, I think racials that give you new abilities are better and so both Tauren and Goblin are better here, especially cause you get unique bonuses that Shaman don't normally have like a quick aoe Stun (tauren warstomp), or a gap closer/escape (goblin).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

i agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowl View Post
    i agree with this statement.
    Exactly my thoughts. Im thinking the Orc may come out on top towards end expansion. Overflowing with haste atm.

Orc/troll > panda/goblin > tauren in terms of dps racials. Overall, I favor orc; the extra sp/ap boost can be thrown on top of ascendance without worrying about overlapping haste bonuses. The stun reduction is wonderful if you intend to do any pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll. Berserking basically makes Ascendance 20% better for 2/3 of its duration. You get a LOT more LvB in

Deleted
    If you have the elemental 4-set Orc racial often lines up with it making it insane.
    if you have the meta gem berserking while doing ascendance is dangerous since if it procs you pretty much waste it, well haste in general drops alot in value when you get the meta, but that's another thing.

but well i'd definetly say that looking at overall progression this tier, orc is the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Troll. Berserking basically makes Ascendance 20% better for 2/3 of its duration. You get a LOT more LvB in
    You easily go under the GCD with LvB if your meta gem procs alone. Troll racial on top of that is just awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Hey guys,

I am server transferring and race changing in about a day's time to horde. I've read Endus' and Gistwiki's threads, saying that the racials are

Troll >=Orc>panda>goblin

First:
    1. He also states that the difference is "0.3%". May I know if this 0.3% is between troll and orc's racials, or you mean troll vs goblin (the 'worst') racial?

I know people will say it doesn't matter unless you're in a top 10 guild - and actually it kinda is (top 10 Oceanic :P) and we're pushing Heroic progression. So every bit helps

I am also a bit worried about the troll - although berserking is the best, I do have a qn regarding it:
    2. How do you use berserking? I know using under Heroism is BAD, and also if I do get 4-set tier 15 and even the legendary meta, it causes a lot of haste GCD capping issues.
    Quick note about orc.

If you XMog your mainhand into an axe, you'll get a boost to expertise (which, if you're not aware, translates 1-1 to hit for you.)

So you get the extra trinket, boosted elemental damage, and 1% hit if you xmog to an axe (Or fist).

Hit isn't really an issue for elemental, but food for thought (especially if you're coming over from a Dreanei shaman)