Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    And this is why the rest of the world sees the US as a warmongering nation. (No, I'm not saying all US people are like Kalyyn, he just perpetuates the stereotype)
    If you frequent the OT forums, you should know better than to take Kalyyn seriously especially if it is a one line post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    So, the legal Syrian governement is alleged to have used chems against the mercenary terrorists coming from 42 different nations? Accused by those who started the plan of "rebelions" in arabic countries but stuck at Syria? Logic dictates that propaganda exists and it also dictates that a source controlled by one part is not reliable. It is very sad to watch photos from natural disasters or bombings in Serbia and Gaza and promote them as 'live from Syria".
    Yes this is also true. Don't know in the USA but here in Europe reports from Syria are like... I don't know, they really make you think about information in general and the kind of world we live in.
    Things done by someone else, MAYBE, with only proof the reports of their enemies (huh wat?), and to sum it up a nice video taken by a Nokia 3210 that could be anywhere anytime anyone...

Look, maybe that's the way it is and I'm wrong.
    But I just don't feel like giving my support to someone because they tell me to.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, it's because folks like these are involved and often significant players that I have no desire to be involved in Syria. I don't like Assad, no argument, but I don't support his removal JUST to have him removed. The alternative MUST be an improvement to get my support. I have no desire to see my country involved in another "revolution" because the world is so obsessed with freedom and democracy that they're too blind to see that huge factions of the rebellion DO NOT WANT freedom or democracy. They just want to be in power instead of Assad.

And of course if we do get involved and they set up an Islamist government like many of them want, then we'll be stuck there for another decade while the rest of the world wags their finger at us for getting involved and screwing up the democracy-that-wasn't while they all console themselves that not getting involved was the best decision, while we have to slog it out turning it into a real democracy.

So no, screw that.
    indeed. I don't want to waste more of our tax dollars and lives of our people so we can either keep a murderous tyrant in charge or help a bunch of fundies that are just as blood thirsty and violent to come into power. it would be like Afghanistan all over again. granted using chemical weapons sets a precedent that if it goes unpunished will get the unofficial "ok" and other dictators and countries could use them. but again if the world is worried about it then THEY can do something about it. I'm tired of the US being the world police.

Looks like America is paving the way to another war.
    At least gold has gone up every day since the boston bombing.