Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Before Cataclysm, people were gushing about how great the updated classic zones would be and how it was about time flying was allowed in the old world. Literally within a week of the expansion's launch the same people were acting like it had always been that way and looking for something new. Nowadays the expansion gets lambasted for the fact that endgame, current content was sacrificed to gussy up the Vanilla zones.

    New models on old races are the sort of things that people rabidly look forward to and promptly forget all about once they're in. You don't get any gameplay out of a new character model. You can't really admire it when you're putting gear of varying graphical quality all over it and actually, you know, playing the game. It's just there.

    This isn't to say that there aren't merits to redoing the models, or that they shouldn't redo them. There are, and they are. But there's no way in hell they're going to try to pretend it's the same thing as adding a new race or class when the time comes. It just plain is not a selling feature. The fact that a game made after 2004 looks like a game made after 2004 isn't a feature, it's an expectation.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-05-29 at 09:00 PM.

  2. #142
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Before Cataclysm, people were gushing about how great the updated classic zones would be and how it was about time flying was allowed in the old world. Literally within a week of the expansion's launch the same people were acting like it had always been that way and looking for something new. Nowadays the expansion gets lambasted for the fact that endgame, current content was sacrificed to gussy up the Vanilla zones.
    No. It wasn't. Blizzard did that all by itself. MOst of what wnet into Catcslym as new content...should have been end game content. It had nothing to do with gussying up Vanilla zones.

    Blizzard just did a reboot when a sharp tweak was needed. The old stories, the old quests, the old content needed to improved and streamlined.....not replaced. Blizzard, as a result, spent a lot of time and effort on content relatively few people would experience and that, in turn, left the end game empty.

    EJL

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Before Cataclysm, people were gushing about how great the updated classic zones would be and how it was about time flying was allowed in the old world. Literally within a week of the expansion's launch the same people were acting like it had always been that way and looking for something new. Nowadays the expansion gets lambasted for the fact that endgame, current content was sacrificed to gussy up the Vanilla zones.

    New models on old races are the sort of things that people rabidly look forward to and promptly forget all about once they're in. You don't get any gameplay out of a new character model. You can't really admire it when you're putting gear of varying graphical quality all over it and actually, you know, playing the game. It's just there.

    This isn't to say that there aren't merits to redoing the models, or that they shouldn't redo them. There are, and they are. But there's no way in hell they're going to try to pretend it's the same thing as adding a new race or class when the time comes. It just plain is not a selling feature. The fact that a game made after 2004 looks like a game made after 2004 isn't a feature, it's an expectation.
    Agree with that. That's what blizz has been saying, no matter how they fix/revamp some things, like old world or classes or races, no matter how polished people still consider it old and it doesn't attract them. Nice fix for people currently playing, but isn't the same thing as something new, which is what GC said, people expect new systems.

  4. #144
    not that is a bad thing,

    Unless its a tinker

    THEN BURN

  5. #145
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Yes, there would be new animations. That was a given, especially after Vol'Jin's update. But we were discussing SKELETON, which doesn't need to change. They only need to modify the animations (and add new ones), which, once again, is expected to bring them in line with the newer races.
    Really? You just said that OLD animations would work just fine for the new models. Now you're saying that new animations are a given? Okay.

    Well, if only one team is working on them, I would expect them to take some time. Keep in mind, they do entire expansions in about three years, and that has a lot more resources than the 8 initial races alone. However, I would also expect them to be done by this next expansion, as three years is enough for an expansion, it should be plenty for 16 models (8 races x 2 Genders)

    You seem to be missing the point. The point is that there's no way they're going to make 8 remolded races plus 2 new races, which is why its apparently a given that the next new expansion feature will be a class.

    One or two teams working on this would not detract from an expansion's team. They could still very easily give us a new race or two with this next expansion. You are clearly underestimating their resources if you think the one or two teams working on this model revamp would detract from an expansion's team and their ability to add races.
    Actually I'm not underestimating their resources. I'm pointing out how illogical it is for Blizzard to bring out new races when clearly their team has been working on revamping the old races. Its also illogical when you consider that the old models have more features than the newer races (Worgens, Goblins, Pandarens) have, and that revamping the old races is a bigger risk. In other words, I highly doubt that Blizzard would use a side team to get this done, they more than likely have their main teams working on it.

    Really? You think that anything new isn't enough to sell an expansion? Tell that to Everquest, which has had expansions that only added areas, no level increases, classes or races. That stuff sold like hotcakes back then. However, if we're sticking with WoW, keep in mind the only reason we were getting two races each before was for faction balance. Which is why the neutral factions work, since after a starting zone, the player can pick which side they want to end up on. Therefore the factions remain balanced (options wise, not population wise). As for the one race being the reason we got a new class, I don't think that's the case. We had just had an expansion where we didn't get a class, so I think they planned on giving us a class for the fourth expansion regardless.
    Thanks for not addressing any point I made. Again, the neutral race in the previous expansion also came with a class. If you're suggesting another neutral race, you're going to need another class as well. It would just be expected. However, again, revamping the models AND adding a neutral race seems like overkill, because the neutral race would be overshadowed by the revamped character models, which would get all the attention. So why bother wasting resources on the neutral race when you could use those resources to make the revamped character models even better?

    It would be like Blizzard revamping every class in the game AND giving us a new class on top of it. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to you?


    Do you have any proof that the most requested feature is revamped vanilla races? That sounds entirely projected. I see more threads requesting Demon Hunter class, more Dungeons instead of Scenarios, removal of LFR, changing LFR to queue for Normal and Heroic modes, etc than I see for any model changes. By the way, since you're the one making such an absurd claim and refusing to back down, the burden of proof falls on YOU, not me. So, start up that poll in the official forums asking which people would prefer, updated models of vanilla races or two new races, then put the link to it here. Try not to influence people's decision in the thread, just post the question and the poll, and we'll see what we get.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-2-new-races

    One of the most one-sided polls ever.

    BTW, I have yet to hear any developer at Blizzard talk about Demon Hunter classes outside of GC's one twitter comment, but the developers talk about revamped models nearly every time there's an interview.

    Why? Because people are constantly asking about them.


    Yes, they broke a pattern. That doesn't mean they will definitely do it again. "Being Fair" has nothing to do with it, as they had no real option for this expansion. If they'd not given us the Pandaren race but let us explore Pandaria, there would have been a major backlash.
    They don't really have an option for the next expansion either. Again they're putting out revamped vanilla character models. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for anything else except a new class.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 09:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    This isn't to say that there aren't merits to redoing the models, or that they shouldn't redo them. There are, and they are. But there's no way in hell they're going to try to pretend it's the same thing as adding a new race or class when the time comes. It just plain is not a selling feature. The fact that a game made after 2004 looks like a game made after 2004 isn't a feature, it's an expectation.
    Whether its a selling point or not is really a non-issue. The point is that the revamped models take time and resources. Resources that could have been used to create 2 new races for the next expansion. Because of that, I seriously doubt you're seeing new races next time around, because Blizzard spent time and resources on revamping the 8 vanilla races.

  6. #146
    ..as much as i want the new models... i dont think they can really be a selling point of the next expansion. Included in the game? Yeah thatd be sick. But if you think about it.. people that dont buy the expansion are still going to get the models. Itd be weird if some humans looked dumb and some looked awesome. And the dumb ones asked, "how do i look like that?" and he replies, "you have to buy the new xpac:wrath of the new models" or something

  7. #147
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    ..as much as i want the new models... i dont think they can really be a selling point of the next expansion. Included in the game? Yeah thatd be sick. But if you think about it.. people that dont buy the expansion are still going to get the models. Itd be weird if some humans looked dumb and some looked awesome. And the dumb ones asked, "how do i look like that?" and he replies, "you have to buy the new xpac:wrath of the new models" or something
    Agreed. Which is my point. You'll get the new models whether you buy the next expansion or not. Heck, it might not even be considered a feature of the next expansion. However, those new models are still taking a massive chunk of development time, and would eclipse any new race Blizzard would create. Let's face it, no future race concept can compete with brand new looking Humans, Orcs, Trolls, and Night Elves.

    So what's the best option? A new class.

  8. #148
    Blizzard doesn't have to follow any formula. They will do what they believe is best for the game (whether right or wrong is a different story).

    I do think they know there's a strong demand for another class. It's a big selling point. I also think Blizzard realizes that class homogenization is already a big problem and class balance is a big problem.

    With that said, I think Blizzard really WANTS to add a new class to WoW, but they won't do it until they feel they have a viable class that's fun, unique, and relatively balanced. I really do hope it's next expansion, but I won't be surprised if it isn't.

  9. #149
    I don't see why they can't be a selling point though. While it might not be as fresh as something completely new, it's still a pretty big thing to tout for the expansion, and something to draw back an old crowd if it's WoW with a new coat of paint. TBH most of the superficial complaints I hear from friends is the outdated look of character models, especially compared to other MMO's. They pride themselves in the look of their characters, and turn helmets off. It's still universal that the character faces need an update.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't see why they can't be a selling point though. While it might not be as fresh as something completely new, it's still a pretty big thing to tout for the expansion, and something to draw back an old crowd if it's WoW with a new coat of paint. TBH most of the superficial complaints I hear from friends is the outdated look of character models, especially compared to other MMO's. They pride themselves in the look of their characters, and turn helmets off. It's still universal that the character faces need an update.
    "This game doesn't look at all like it's nine years old" doesn't make a very catchy blurb on the box or bullet point in a presentation. They need to do other things in addition to the model updates that they can advertise with a straight face.

  11. #151
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Blizzard doesn't have to follow any formula. They will do what they believe is best for the game (whether right or wrong is a different story).

    I do think they know there's a strong demand for another class. It's a big selling point. I also think Blizzard realizes that class homogenization is already a big problem and class balance is a big problem.

    With that said, I think Blizzard really WANTS to add a new class to WoW, but they won't do it until they feel they have a viable class that's fun, unique, and relatively balanced. I really do hope it's next expansion, but I won't be surprised if it isn't.
    That would be a tinker class. It would be fun, unique, and given how monks were implemented, it would be well-balanced.

    Sounds like a no-brainer. Mainly because I can't honestly think of a superior candidate.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would be a tinker class. It would be fun, unique, and given how monks were implemented, it would be well-balanced.

    Sounds like a no-brainer. Mainly because I can't honestly think of a superior candidate.
    It's pretty obvious the next expansion will be Burning Legion focused (hello Wrathion), and I know what makes more sense than a tinker for that.

    And seriously, when did this Tinker-phase happen? Why does everyone on this website suddenly want to play a Tinker randomly?

  13. #153
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    BC - Race (Dr/Be)
    Wrath - Class, meta-race (DK)
    Cata - Race (Wr/Gb)
    Mists - Class/Race (Mo/Pa)

    I can see them easily avoiding adding a new class. Based off your own information.

    Regardless, speculation is still silly.
    If they still had twelve million subscriptions, I could see them trying to pull a fast one.

    Fortunately for us, they probably don't want to give people any more reasons to unsubscribe, so my money's on both a Class/Race and New Models.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  14. #154
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's pretty obvious the next expansion will be Burning Legion focused (hello Wrathion), and I know what makes more sense than a tinker for that.

    And seriously, when did this Tinker-phase happen? Why does everyone on this website suddenly want to play a Tinker randomly?
    Mainly because people realized that it is the last WC3 hero unit that has no ability representation in WoW. The last two that also had no ability representation became WoW classes.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Mainly because people realized that it is the last WC3 hero unit that has no ability representation in WoW. The last two that also had no ability representation became WoW classes.
    What about Alchemists?

    Crypt Lord doesn't either. I'm not saying they should make a Crypt Lord class, but I'm not saying I'd be against it either.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-05-29 at 11:24 PM.

  16. #156
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Mainly because people realized that it is the last WC3 hero unit that has no ability representation in WoW. The last two that also had no ability representation became WoW classes.
    Yeah, but it's the least feasible as Engineering covers most of it's bases already.

    If anything, Demon Hunter is the probable candidate.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. The point is that there's no way they're going to make 8 remolded races plus 2 new races, which is why its apparently a given that the next new expansion feature will be a class.
    So, by that logic, the fact that they were revamping all of the oldworld zones in Cata meant there was no way they'd add more zones. You keep thinking they can't do more races just because they're working on the old ones. That's a terrible way to look at things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually I'm not underestimating their resources. I'm pointing out how illogical it is for Blizzard to bring out new races when clearly their team has been working on revamping the old races. Its also illogical when you consider that the old models have more features than the newer races (Worgens, Goblins, Pandarens) have, and that revamping the old races is a bigger risk. In other words, I highly doubt that Blizzard would use a side team to get this done, they more than likely have their main teams working on it.
    Your earlier reply tells me you are underestimating their resources, because you think they don't have enough for both. They do. And one again, you're doing this "Main team/side team" thing, which doesn't make sense. They're divided up by project, not quality. Some teams are working on the next expansion, some are working on content patch stuff, some are working on this, some are working on that. That's how a studio works. Team A is not necessarily any better than teams B, C or D.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thanks for not addressing any point I made. Again, the neutral race in the previous expansion also came with a class. If you're suggesting another neutral race, you're going to need another class as well. It would just be expected. However, again, revamping the models AND adding a neutral race seems like overkill, because the neutral race would be overshadowed by the revamped character models, which would get all the attention. So why bother wasting resources on the neutral race when you could use those resources to make the revamped character models even better?

    It would be like Blizzard revamping every class in the game AND giving us a new class on top of it. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to you?
    You say that the new race came with a class because they only added one race? That is terrible logic. As said before, we got a new class more due to the fact we hadn't had one since Wrath than anything else. We got the neutral race Pandarens because people would throw a fit if they weren't playable, and they were "introduced" this expansion. They didn't have to add a second race because, being neutral, both sides gets the race, so no second race HAD to be added. What part of that don't you understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-2-new-races

    One of the most one-sided polls ever.

    BTW, I have yet to hear any developer at Blizzard talk about Demon Hunter classes outside of GC's one twitter comment, but the developers talk about revamped models nearly every time there's an interview.

    Why? Because people are constantly asking about them.
    First off, not the forum I said. I said the official World of Warcraft Forums, the ones run by Blizzard. No other forums count in this. Second, you've yet to hear them discuss something that's currently being kept secret, what a SHOCK! They haven't announced ANYTHING for the next expansion, why would they be discussing it in any interviews or tweets? As for them discussing the character models, they've already announced they were doing it. So, why not talk about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They don't really have an option for the next expansion either. Again they're putting out revamped vanilla character models. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for anything else except a new class.
    They have any option they want. If they want to release an expansion that doesn't add a class or a new race, they are capable of doing so. If they want to add both, they can. Same with only having one or the other. As for the new models meaning they can't do anything other than a new class, that is the worst leap of logic I've heard yet. As stated earlier, they have an entire group of teams set aside for working on expansion stuff, which does not take away from the other teams. That means the new vanilla models team isn't effected... at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would be a tinker class. It would be fun, unique, and given how monks were implemented, it would be well-balanced.

    Sounds like a no-brainer. Mainly because I can't honestly think of a superior candidate.
    Oh, here we go again. I'm insanely glad you don't work for Blizzard, as it's obvious all you care about is pushing this one class that YOU think is best, without looking at the over all picture. I was hoping we'd go through this thread without you pushing it, but I see I was mistaken.

  18. #158
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    What about Alchemists?
    Similar technology theme that can be rolled into a Tinker class.

    Crypt Lord doesn't either. I'm not saying they should make a Crypt Lord class, but I'm not saying I'd be against it either.
    Unholy Blight. Though in WC3 it was called Locust Swarm.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 12:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Yeah, but it's the least feasible as Engineering covers most of it's bases already.
    Engineering allows you to tank, heal, and do competitive DPS with technology/gadgets? Since when?

    If anything, Demon Hunter is the probable candidate.
    Warlock covers the Demon Hunter's bases FAR more than what you just said about Tinkers and Engineering.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 12:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    So, by that logic, the fact that they were revamping all of the oldworld zones in Cata meant there was no way they'd add more zones. You keep thinking they can't do more races just because they're working on the old ones. That's a terrible way to look at things.
    Blizzard had to create new zones for level 81-85 content. You can't make an expansion and not create new leveling content for max level. Its a necessity.

    Your earlier reply tells me you are underestimating their resources, because you think they don't have enough for both. They do. And one again, you're doing this "Main team/side team" thing, which doesn't make sense. They're divided up by project, not quality. Some teams are working on the next expansion, some are working on content patch stuff, some are working on this, some are working on that. That's how a studio works. Team A is not necessarily any better than teams B, C or D.
    Again, if it took them almost a year to just finish Dwarves, do you seriously think they're going to have time to also do two completely new races on top of that? I'm not underestimating their ability, I'm simply using common sense. It takes time to develop 2 new races, and it takes time to redesign the 8 vanilla races. I'm also willing to bet that redeveloping the 8 vanilla races is a bigger job that developing 2 new races. If you were a developer, would you seriously have a team working on 2 new races when the most demanded item by your playerbase is the redesign of your original 8 races? Further, would you seriously have a team working on 2 new races when you know that those 2 new races would get completely overshadowed by the 8 redesigned vanilla races?

    Let's use some common sense here.


    You say that the new race came with a class because they only added one race? That is terrible logic. As said before, we got a new class more due to the fact we hadn't had one since Wrath than anything else. We got the neutral race Pandarens because people would throw a fit if they weren't playable, and they were "introduced" this expansion. They didn't have to add a second race because, being neutral, both sides gets the race, so no second race HAD to be added. What part of that don't you understand?
    Either way, Blizzard isn't just going to add a neutral race and be done with it when the previous expansion had a neutral race AND a class. Also you ignored the earlier point that a neutral race being added to the game would be completely overshadowed by new character models. It would be a complete waste of development time.


    First off, not the forum I said. I said the official World of Warcraft Forums, the ones run by Blizzard. No other forums count in this.
    LoL! Does it seriously matter which forum? Do you honestly believe that the results on the official forums would be any different than the results here?


    Second, you've yet to hear them discuss something that's currently being kept secret, what a SHOCK! They haven't announced ANYTHING for the next expansion, why would they be discussing it in any interviews or tweets? As for them discussing the character models, they've already announced they were doing it. So, why not talk about it?
    GC already discussed the Demon Hunter in tweets. When the 4th spec rumor was swirling around, Blizzard got asked it several times. In short, if a large portion of the WoW community is asking about it, they're going to ask the devs when they interview them. Class redesigns come up constantly all over the place because its highly demanded by the community.

    They have any option they want. If they want to release an expansion that doesn't add a class or a new race, they are capable of doing so.
    But they wouldn't, because such an expansion would be viewed as deficient compared to previous expansions.

    If they want to add both, they can. Same with only having one or the other. As for the new models meaning they can't do anything other than a new class, that is the worst leap of logic I've heard yet. As stated earlier, they have an entire group of teams set aside for working on expansion stuff, which does not take away from the other teams. That means the new vanilla models team isn't effected... at all.
    You think its bad logic that they wouldn't bother developing new races because they've spent considerable development time redesigning 8 vanilla races, and new races aren't really highly demanded by the playerbase?


    Oh, here we go again. I'm insanely glad you don't work for Blizzard, as it's obvious all you care about is pushing this one class that YOU think is best, without looking at the over all picture. I was hoping we'd go through this thread without you pushing it, but I see I was mistaken.
    Someone asked what class concept would be unique and original. I gave them the concept.

    Relax.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-30 at 12:59 AM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard had to create new zones for level 81-85 content. You can't make an expansion and not create new leveling content for max level. Its a necessity.



    Again, if it took them almost a year to just finish Dwarves, do you seriously think they're going to have time to also do two completely new races on top of that? I'm not underestimating their ability, I'm simply using common sense. It takes time to develop 2 new races, and it takes time to redesign the 8 vanilla races. I'm also willing to bet that redeveloping the 8 vanilla races is a bigger job that developing 2 new races. If you were a developer, would you seriously have a team working on 2 new races when the most demanded item by your playerbase is the redesign of your original 8 races? Further, would you seriously have a team working on 2 new races when you know that those 2 new races would get completely overshadowed by the 8 redesigned vanilla races?

    Let's use some common sense here.
    True, they needed to create 81-85 zones... that logic can be applied, just as well, to new races. Either way they have to spend effort making SOMETHING new, either class or race. So if they don't have the resources to make a new race, then they don't have the resources to make a new class (Which we've already discussed requires MORE resources than a race). Your own logic defeats you on that argument. And why do you keep using the length of time it takes them to complete dwarves as an indicator that the others aren't near completion as well? They are working on them all at the same time, not one at a time. If the dwarves would have been 100% at MoP launch, and the others only 80% complete (yes, speculation, but making an example), the statement that only the dwarves were ready is still correct, AND the others would be done by this point. Stop assuming that they take so much time to complete that we can't possibly have more races.




    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Either way, Blizzard isn't just going to add a neutral race and be done with it when the previous expansion had a neutral race AND a class. Also you ignored the earlier point that a neutral race being added to the game would be completely overshadowed by new character models. It would be a complete waste of development time.
    Why does what happened this past expansion dictate what has to happen with the next? It doesn't. As I said last post, they can choose to do whatever they want regarding what they give us. If anything, I'd say one new neutral race PLUS the new models for the old races sounds about right. And no, a new race would NOT be overshadowed by new models on existing races. Once again we enter the land of OPINION, and mine is new models don't have the draw that a new race does.


    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! Does it seriously matter which forum? Do you honestly believe that the results on the official forums would be any different than the results here?
    Yes, and I have two reasons.

    1: The official World of Warcraft forums have a larger, and more diverse, user base than the MMO Champion Forums.
    2: The World of Warcraft forums don't have a large amount of threads in which we've been bickering back and forth, so people are more likely to view the question on fresh terms.


    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    GC already discussed the Demon Hunter in tweets. When the 4th spec rumor was swirling around, Blizzard got asked it several times. In short, if a large portion of the WoW community is asking about it, they're going to ask the devs when they interview them. Class redesigns come up constantly all over the place because its highly demanded by the community.
    True, they've said a number of things, in the past, regarding several topics. Some of those things are in game, some of them aren't. You might notice that the same thing they said about Pandarens was also said about Demon Hunters... mainly that they were no plans for them to be in the game at the time. That's neither confirmation nor negation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But they wouldn't, because such an expansion would be viewed as deficient compared to previous expansions.
    You sure about that? The example I gave about EQ covers that one pretty well. When that expansion came out, it out sold the others released at the time. Clearly THEY didn't think the expansion was deficient even though it added no new classes or races, just new zones to explore with more story. Blizzard has more people working on this than SOE had at the time, and they could very easily give us an expansion that focuses entirely on 91-95 content, and it would sell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You think its bad logic that they wouldn't bother developing new races because they've spent considerable development time redesigning 8 vanilla races, and new races aren't really highly demanded by the playerbase?
    I think it's bad logic to assume that because they are doing the remodels, they won't make new races for the expansion. You are not allowing for the possibility of new races because of something which HAS NO CONNECTION. Everything that is relating to the new Expansion is handled by a specific team to it. These new models are as of right now NOT connected to the new expansion, but rather their own thing. Until Blizzard announces them as a feature specific to the new expansion, they should be considered their own thing. As such, they have their own team, separate from the expansion team. So their existence takes NO resources from the expansion team. What part of that don't you understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Someone asked what class concept would be unique and original. I gave them the concept.

    Relax.
    I have one question for you, then. If this class concept is so original, why do so many people ask you what this class offers that isn't in engineering? Sounds to me like the originality you claim to have isn't actually there.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So now that 4th spec has been slapped down by Blizzard, and the new race candidates predicted by others look extremely lackluster, it appears more than ever that a new class is on the way.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    I find it utterly laughable that people are having ZERO issues with android monks, cyborg dwarves, and shadow-warping gunplay assassins, but they throw absolute FITS if you suggest a timejumping tomboy might be gay or that a walking artillery-platform might self-identify as female.
    Apparently, the superintelligent jetpack gorilla from the Moon makes perfect sense, but chrono-displaced lesbians and transgender automatons is just ridiculous!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •