Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A new class isn't going to be added because of process of elimination. It will be added if the design is right for the expansion. For now, we don't even know what that expansion is, so I don't see why you're jumping to a conclusion like this so early.

Yes, 4th spec is unlikely to happen. It's also likely to happen and everything being said is just there to throw you off. Unless it's specifically confirmed/denied, an offhand comment by a blizz employee doesn't hold much weight in terms of what we're going to get. Remember when they said the new Dwarf model was ready by Mists' release? And now all comments about new character models is met with complete secrecy. They don't want to say too much or people will start speculating and over-assuming.

Guess what you're doing.

I think you have to stop reading into every little word that's being said and stop trying to find patterns to fit pieces together. It doesn't work like that. Prior to Mists, we would have never thought they would add a neutral Race, especially with all their talk about 'unique silhouettes for each faction'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-31 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A new class isn't going to be added because of process of elimination. It will be added if the design is right for the expansion. For now, we don't even know what that expansion is, so I don't see why you're jumping to a conclusion like this so early.

Yes, 4th spec is unlikely to happen. It's also likely to happen and everything being said is just there to throw you off. Unless it's specifically confirmed/denied, an offhand comment by a blizz employee doesn't hold much weight in terms of what we're going to get. Remember when they said the new Dwarf model was ready by Mists' release? And now all comments about new character models is met with complete secrecy. They don't want to say too much or people will start speculating and over-assuming.

Guess what you're doing.

I think you have to stop reading into every little word that's being said and stop trying to find patterns to fit pieces together. It doesn't work like that. Prior to Mists, we would have never thought they would add a neutral Race, especially with all their talk about 'unique silhouettes for each faction'.
    Let's say that the class does fit the expansion? Now what? Tinkers for example fit any expansion.

They aren't going to add just anything, it'll fit with the expac. Blizz is a big enough and successful enough to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    They aren't going to add just anything, it'll fit with the expac. Blizz is a big enough and successful enough to do that.
    I know that. What I'm saying is that classes can be tailored to fit whatever the expansion theme might be. It all depends on the archetype. For example, I predicted a Monk class before MoP was announced. The Monk archetype is massive, and can fit nearly any expansion theme, so my concept was Runemasters, a monk-like class that uses runes to empower themselves. Theres also the standard Monks that had already existed in the game that could have been made into a class. Blizzard used a Monk archetype that fits the theme of the expansion, but the archetype remained. So regardless of which way the expansion went, a Monk class could have been implemented.

See my point? Classes can be very flexible things if you choose a class concept that is extremely broad and adaptable.

Tinkers are such a class.

A new race is much easier to introduce than a new class (from a balance perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Let's say that the class does fit the expansion? Now what? Tinkers for example fit any expansion.
    Not talking about themes, I'm more talking about features. We don't know anything about the next expansion or what they have planned. We can only assume they're saving Character Model revamps as a part of this. We really don't know anything else beyond this, and they haven't confirmed or denied anything speculative that was brought up. Anything can happen, whether it's 4th spec or new race or new class. We have no indication that any one of these is more likely than the other. Your 'facts' are based on Blizzard's usual answering-without-answering comments. You can't draw a reasonable conclusion with what little information we have.

Your patterns are broken by the mere existence of Mists of Pandaria. If you went by patterns, then Mists wouldn't have added Pandaren since Neutral Races aren't a part of the system. And again, Neutral races wouldn't even be a factor considering what they've said about unique silhouettes.

The only reasonable logic I see behind a new class is due to MoP's revamped spec and talent system. It's much easier now for Blizzard to design a class than before
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-31 at 07:57 PM.

I'd be happy with a new class. Maybe another class/race combo like with what we had in Mists, but I doubt it.

If I remember blizzcon 2010 and 11 well Chirs Metzen ask if there body we want to see brought back the answer was illiadan then again on twitter same response. So why would they want to bring him and redem him if not for demon hunter class. The tinker class is broke up into racial and a profession plus the race wouldn't work as there suppose to be golbin or gnome.

Just wait until blizzcon. Until then, no ones going to admit they were wrong, becausr teriz is so stubborn that he won't admit anything or say he was wrong. And both argumemts of classes have valid arguments against them.

Very true they both may not see light of day that is true for me I want race updates and them to lift the realm charther lock I want my 24 alts on one server not 3

Deleted
    I think instead of adding new classes, they should just do a big crunch with everything. Classes, stats, abilities.. well, except for talents, wish they brought back the old system.

It's just gone too big and everything has lost it's uniqueness. In the past Blizzard always made games that had less than in other games but everything was very finely polished, every ability unique and different and on top of that, a huge amount of customization. Now it seems they've gone with the "same stuff in a different costume" route and made the game boring for those who aren't collectors or achievers. I think they should just go back to their roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    If I remember blizzcon 2010 and 11 well Chirs Metzen ask if there body we want to see brought back the answer was illiadan then again on twitter same response. So why would they want to bring him and redem him if not for demon hunter class. The tinker class is broke up into racial and a profession plus the race wouldn't work as there suppose to be golbin or gnome.
    Actually no Tinker or Alchemist abilities are present in WoW. The only one that comes close is an NPC ability from a boss in the Brawler's guild.

Demon Hunters on the other hand have all of its abilities stripped. Rogues have Evasion. Priests had Mana Burn. Warlocks have Immolation and Metamorphosis.

I think need make thing more open to players and not just the super rich and hard core the game has got to hard core these day

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read through all the previous pages but the way I see it. I think Blizzard will take a page from the Rift book and allow every class a 4th spec which will include either a tank or healer spec. The reason this makes so much sense is that no1 will be able to complain about finding a role in groups for raids and instances. I know people may blast this idea over getting a new class but I think this is a long overdue idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Not talking about themes, I'm more talking about features. We don't know anything about the next expansion or what they have planned. We can only assume they're saving Character Model revamps as a part of this. We really don't know anything else beyond this, and they haven't confirmed or denied anything speculative that was brought up. Anything can happen, whether it's 4th spec or new race or new class. We have no indication that any one of these is more likely than the other. Your 'facts' are based on Blizzard's usual answering-without-answering comments. You can't draw a reasonable conclusion with what little information we have.

Your patterns are broken by the mere existence of Mists of Pandaria. If you went by patterns, then Mists wouldn't have added Pandaren since Neutral Races aren't a part of the system. And again, Neutral races wouldn't even be a factor considering what they've said about unique silhouettes.

The only reasonable logic I see behind a new class is due to MoP's revamped spec and talent system. It's much easier now for Blizzard to design a class than before

The patterns is what I use for class determination. In this thread, I was using simple logic to make three essential points;

1. If Blizzard is using its time to redo the 8 vanilla races, and vanilla races require more effort than new races, why would they create 2 new races on top of that? Why wouldn't they put all of their efforts behind remaking the 8 vanilla races?

2. If Blizzard is spending a great deal of time creating races, what else could they do as a new feature for the game? In the past, Blizzard has used races or classes as major selling points. With races out of the question due to Blizzard remaking over 8 of them, the only thing left is a new class. Right?

3.If 2 new races are introduced, and the Vanilla races are postponed, people will be quite upset, and wonder why Blizzard wasted resources on new races instead of fixing the most popular ones. Further, if both are introduced at the same time, the new races would be completely overshadowed by the older races for obvious reasons. Finally, the candidates for new races are lackluster compared to previous races that were implemented.

My personal conclusion is that we're getting a new class because of the old race remodels. I could DEFINITELY be wrong about that, but I don't see how unless Blizzard is bringing out a whole bunch of races next expansion, which wouldn't make much sense.

Deleted
    I think next expansion they'll just offer new models for the existing races and that's that.

[QUOTE=Teriz;21310088]Actually no Tinker or Alchemist abilities are present in WoW. The only one that comes close is an NPC ability from a boss in the Brawler's guild.

Demon Hunters on the other hand have all of its abilities stripped. Rogues have Evasion. Priests had Mana Burn. Warlocks have Immolation and Metamorphosis.

I not gonna argue the point blizzard don't have to make class like w3 tho players may want that but they may change it to feel more wow like we never no.
    And demon hunter are the most request class
    And class are based the theme

1. If Blizzard is using its time to redo the 8 vanilla races, and vanilla races require more effort than new races, why would they create 2 new races on top of that? Why wouldn't they put all of their efforts behind remaking the 8 vanilla races?
    Who says there's going to be 2 new races? 8 Vanilla is a lot (maybe 10 with TBC revamps included). They could make a Neutral race on top. Why make a new race at all? It would be in the style of the revamps and still be relevant to the work they're doing. They're making all armor sets refit the classic models, with that system in place they might as well work in a new race. The only big hurdle is new animations. TBH though, character revamps on its own is enough to draw people back.

2. If Blizzard is spending a great deal of time creating races, what else could they do as a new feature for the game? In the past, Blizzard has used races or classes as major selling points. With races out of the question due to Blizzard remaking over 8 of them, the only thing left is a new class. Right?
    Plenty of things, including completely new systems put in place that have nothing to do with Race or Class. Like my earlier profession example. Path of the Titans 2.0 perhaps?

Keep in mind, New Races are not what draw people to play WoW. They're icing on the cake. Even you linked that graph showing a majority of players are Human and Elf players. While it is a new feature, it's not going to make people start or stop playing the game. Even the Panda haters ended up playing MoP.

3.If 2 new races are introduced, and the Vanilla races are postponed, people will be quite upset, and wonder why Blizzard wasted resources on new races instead of fixing the most popular ones. Further, if both are introduced at the same time, the new races would be completely overshadowed by the older races for obvious reasons. Finally, the candidates for new races are lackluster compared to previous races that were implemented.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Same goes with any new feature that's been anticipated. The same argument could have been said with Pandarens and Monk class implemented at the same time, that combo overshadows making Monks using existing races. It doesn't hold water. If we get Revamp + new Race, it's all for the good and people will accept it all as what it is, not for what it should be or could be. Even people have come to accept Pandarens, even if they revile the 'cartoony' playable race.

The revamps work for your existing characters. The new race appeals to starting something new. It's ultimately going to hit different audiences, and saying that there is a major conflict with the concept is simply focusing on a narrow aspect which ultimately has no bearing on the outcome of how people play the game. If I were limited to creating only ONE character in WoW, then I could see where you come from. However, this game promotes playing alts and making any/every race you want, so really there is no conflict of interest.

Deleted
    I doubt it. You would need entire new graphical effects, possibly animations, lore and design when they have already said that they are focusing a lot on revamping the race models. I expect 1 or 2 new races tbh but even that is pushing it, the old race revamp is enough. Adding a new class is a huge commitment to the game whereas a new race or updating models is significantly easier to design.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Haven2011;21310196]
    Actually no Tinker or Alchemist abilities are present in WoW. The only one that comes close is an NPC ability from a boss in the Brawler's guild.

I not gonna argue the point blizzard don't have to make class like w3 tho players may want that but they may change it to feel more wow like we never no.
    And demon hunter are the most request class
    And class are based the theme
    Demon Hunters have been the most requested class but they've been passed over twice, and weren't a new class during the Burning Crusade. TBC was the perfect expansion to release a Demon Hunter class, but it didn't happen. That speaks volumes.